Marella Information.

Not anymore, saving paper etc is their excuse.  They did have one that told you about the following two days port of call - what to see etc. Just go in Tourists kiosk when ashore and they will have one.

30 minutes ago, brian1 said:

We grabbed a few last year on D2.At the tour desk or reception info rack on the wall.They don't print thousands,so get there early.

On explorer earlier this year maps were available at destination services the night before docking. They Don’t leave copy’s of cruise news in your cabin any more but these are available to pick up at reception.

As Ormy mentioned, on E2 in June there were no longer any available for any port. Told they were saving paper.

In most ports there are Tourist Info people at or close to the port. They always have maps, usually (but not always) the large "tear off the pad" ones.

To be certain you will have something to refer to, some cruise info websites have printable maps, eg whatsinport has printable maps for many ports. Check for some of your ports on that site to get an idea of what the maps look like.

Or try Tourist Info websites for each port call as there are often printable maps on there too.

Google maps is always good for information and live traffic and search features (cash points, restaurants, museums, points of interest etc). 

You can even download the port areas before you travel so you have the info without the need of internet in port.

4 hours ago, Brummijam said:

On explorer earlier this year maps were available at destination services the night before docking. They Don’t leave copy’s of cruise news in your cabin any more but these are available to pick up at reception.

Since when no cruise news????????

14 minutes ago, okavango said:

Since when no cruise news????????

Hi. 

I think its been about a year since they stopped leaving it in the cabin, They say all of the information is on the tv and on the onboard App.  Saving the planet apparently.

2 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi. 

I think its been about a year since they stopped leaving it in the cabin, They say all of the information is on the tv and on the onboard App.  Saving the planet apparently.

When was you last onboard ???? ,they actually improved it last year making the whats on/happening section an easy tear off piece so its nice and convenient to slip in your pocket

Yes Okavango it's now smaller since last year and consists of three pages the latter can be detached and has the day time activities on one side and the evening entertainment on the reverse which is easy to carry around 

ive had this version on Celebration, Dream, Discovery and Discovery 2 so maybe Brummijams was left under the bed 😀

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

Yes Okavango it's now smaller since last year and consists of three pages the latter can be detached and has the day time activities on one side and the evening entertainment on the reverse which is easy to carry around 

ive had this version on Celebration, Dream, Discovery and Discovery 2 so maybe Brummijams was left under the bed 😀

Wonder what they did to upset their cabin steward LOL

1 hour ago, okavango said:

Wonder what they did to upset their cabin steward LOL

It looks like an apology is due from me. 🤭 

After reading the replies I phoned Mrs B (she's on holiday) and she informed me that after dinner when she went back to the cabin to freshen up she was putting the cruise news in her hand bag for reference the next day.

She also said my senior moments were becoming more frequent.😳😄

So sincere apologies to all, It was never my intention to mislead with my input.  I will retire to the naughty step for a while.😉

Keep well.

• 2 weeks later...