Royal Calling me?

2 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I got a call once asking me to change cabins to accommodate a family with minor children.  Actually I missed the call but got a voice mail.  Offered me $150 OBC.  I said “Sure!”  Might be good to answer the call.  

They didn't leave a message. 😞

10 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I got a call once asking me to change cabins to accommodate a family with minor children.  Actually I missed the call but got a voice mail.  Offered me $150 OBC.  I said “Sure!”  Might be good to answer the call.  

I really don't understand why people avoid answering the phone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Not only do I not log in, I only use Chrome Incognito to check. 😉

I was doing that and then I would get an email... "Did you mean to pass this up? Take another look" 
I thought being Incognito would help... but it don't 

• Thanks 1

It would be very unusual for RCI to call from a Fort Lauderdale number.  Most of their calls are from 888 or 866 numbers.  The upsell fairy was 866.  Any calls coming directly from their headquarters would come from Miami with a 305 area code.

My cell phone area code is 954 (Ft.Lauderdale) I get calls with spoofed telephone numbers displaying 954 area codes all the time.

I would pick up next time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MaryEBS said:

It would be very unusual for RCI to call from a Fort Lauderdale number.  Most of their calls are from 888 or 866 numbers.  The upsell fairy was 866.  Any calls coming directly from their headquarters would come from Miami with a 305 area code.

My cell phone area code is 954 (Ft.Lauderdale) I get calls with spoofed telephone numbers displaying 954 area codes all the time.

I would pick up next time.

I most likely will

2 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I was doing that and then I would get an email... "Did you mean to pass this up? Take another look" 
I thought being Incognito would help... but it don't 

I get that too.  Delete.  😉 

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

usually it is a spam phone call.. and if I don't know the number I won't answer.. if it is important than they will leave a message.

The frustrating thing is many of the scammers will leave a message also.  😞 

56 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Unfortunately EVERYONE now gets spam calls displaying their home area code:classic_sad:

There are also ones that have your first three numbers after the local area code...called "neighborhood" scams.  They are trying to fool you into thinking one of your local neighbors are calling you.  😈

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

usually it is a spam phone call.. and if I don't know the number I won't answer.. if it is important than they will leave a message.

I just answer the phone 99% of the time, just seems easier

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I get that too.  Delete.  😉 

Delete Delete Delete... 

If they can code a BS robo emailer, why can't they code the damn website!! 

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Never

FB_IMG_1534001495328.thumb.jpg.59c015d9c9869450f3b0c78cf8888d0d.jpg

Some days I answer just to have some fun... 

After my father passed, we had my parents phone number FWD to me so my mom didn't have to talk to people when she wasn't ready.  About a year later I answered the phone from my parents area code. I was in one of those moods... He asked for my father. I said he isn't available yadda yadda... The guy said my father was in LAST WEEK and the man wasn't at his desk. I played along for awhile and then I finally said, did anyone tell you how my father looked? I would have thought after being dead for a year he wouldn't be able to walk so good, but if he does come back to your office, will you please let him know we all miss him. That poor guy, he apologized, said this is the script we are given to say. I swear I could hear him poop his pants.
When I told my sisters they said I am just like him!! He would do crap like that to idiot callers too  lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I really don't understand why people avoid answering the phone. 

To many annoying calls trying to sell us something.

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Our thoughts exactly. If they can't bother to leave a message then it's not important.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Well, if you had answered the phone, like I do, all of us wouldn't be entertained by this thread. 😉

• Like 1

• Clarea locked this topic