Best Location for Cabin

luvmygirlz

52 minutes ago, luvmygirlz said:

Where is the best place for a cabin on an alaska cruise?  forward, mid, aft and which side of the ship?  thank you!

Best for us is a true aft and a corner even better. We have always loved the #1100 on Radiance.

My wife says low down and center.  However that is her and her preference has no relationship to what you might like.  If fact, it would not be my best cabin but with "she who must be obeyed" as they say, that is the cabin that we select.

Basically, what I am saying is that until you state your cabin selection criteria, any answer that any of us can give you is worthless to you.

DON

Away from noise, vibration, and sick people so at least two decks away from pools, dining places, show places, engine rooms, and medical offices. Good distance from elevators and stairways and if balcony way from solid  steel railings.    

• Like 1

Well it depends on the ship, your itinerary and the type of cabin you are choosing. If you are doing an inside cabin, I would suggest positioning it near the closest and easiest exit to an observation area where you can quickly get out for the views. If you are doing a balcony, we like to be higher up and close to the bow. That is just our personal preference - you may experience more movement there, but we like that. If you are doing a one way trip take a look at the map of your course and it might help you determine which side will be facing land more of the time - it can be tricky guessing. Really either side will yield great scenery, especially if you are going through the true inside passage out of Vancouver. Maybe once you narrow down your ship, cabin type and itinerary you can share a little more info for some more specific advice from people who have actually cruised Alaska on that vessel.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 10:53 AM, Ashland said:

Best for us is a true aft and a corner even better. We have always loved the #1100 on Radiance.

I was wondering how many times you've been able to land an aft cabin. I've poked around the RCI pages and the only thing I can ever find is starboard side southbound (facing Pacific) and port side northbound (facing Pacific). Am watching for 2021 dates to open up and we'll see.

Thanks for the replies. I meant more for viewing. We are going to get a balcony and just thinking about days at sea and sitting on the balcony. Typically I do middle or aft.  But was just curious if anyone had any suggestions while cruising Alaska 

The one time we had a cabin with a balcony on an Alaskan cruise it was on the front of the ship. It was great because we got to see the glaciers for the longest time--we could see it both when the captain steered the ship so that the port and starboard sides could see them. Our cabin was B100 on the Sapphire Princess. 

7 hours ago, masterdrago said:

I was wondering how many times you've been able to land an aft cabin. I've poked around the RCI pages and the only thing I can ever find is starboard side southbound (facing Pacific) and port side northbound (facing Pacific). Am watching for 2021 dates to open up and we'll see.

Actually a few times....I have booked as soon as the schedule opens up...it's all in the timing...and consider myself lucky to have had this cabin not only for Alaska but also on Jewel for the Northern Europe/Baltic's itinerary.

Best of luck !!!

We booked an aft cabin on Radiance for Aug 2020 on the day the bookings open.  I watched and waited.  I hear that the aft balconies book up within one month of the itinerary opening up.  Not sure if that is true but definitely sounds accurate