Hibachi dining on Symphony

2 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

Is there hibachi specialty dining on Symphony where they cook the food on grills in front of you? If so where is it and would it be included in the 3 night specialty dining package.

Not included with the package, you can go to Izumi and get a $35 credit towards your bill. Wonderland, Hooked, Jamie's, 150 and Chops are included with the package. We were on Symphony a few months ago. We were told by the host in Wonderland that if there was a extremely dead night at the grill it might be possible.  We were told to check each night and if there was a opening the Izumi host would just cancel one of the package reservations. Line at the kiosk in the promenade was very long for making specialty reservations on boarding day, we walked up to Wonderland, no line at all, and made all 11 reservations for the 14 night cruise.  They no longer pre assign any first night restaurant.  Also there is no charge for breakfast at JR's before 10:30 am. happy cruising

We just purchased the 3 night dining on our November Harmony cruise and we plan on trying to use the hibachi experience as one of them. I've seen/read reports where people were able to use it (depending on the night and crowds). Quite frankly I don't understand why it wouldn't be included since it is cheaper than Wonderland and Chops...and although it's an "experience" at the end of the day it's a meal. I can totally see the Chefs Table not being included...but this is a little different in my opinion.

3 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

We just purchased the 3 night dining on our November Harmony cruise and we plan on trying to use the hibachi experience as one of them. I've seen/read reports where people were able to use it (depending on the night and crowds). Quite frankly I don't understand why it wouldn't be included since it is cheaper than Wonderland and Chops...and although it's an "experience" at the end of the day it's a meal. I can totally see the Chefs Table not being included...but this is a little different in my opinion.

Possibly because it has very limited seating. 

48 minutes ago, miamimere said:

I believe it is included in the unlimited dining package, right?  It's part of the reason we are upgrading from the 3 night to the unlimited.  For $75 more you get playmakers ($35 credit pp) and hibachi.  

We looked at the unlimited but since we are sailing with my dad, we didn't want to leave him out of having dinner every night on this trip. Not to mention, that's $150 extra for both of us that we can use elsewhere. I've read from reports that even if you can't use one of the nights at Hibachi you can get $35/pp credit worse case scenario. I'm fine with that.

3 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

The Hibachi  area is very small and has far more limited seating than the other restaurants.  If  you read the fine print regarding the 3 night package, it does state that you can't use it at Hibachi.  It is available to those with the unlimited dining package and that makes me believe they will enforce the not allowing those with the 3 night package because of this.

1 minute ago, katiel53 said:

The Hibachi  area is very small and has far more limited seating than the other restaurants.  If  you read the fine print regarding the 3 night package, it does state that you can't use it at Hibachi.  It is available to those with the unlimited dining package and that makes me believe they will enforce the not allowing those with the 3 night package because of this.

Yes, I did read that. However, I've also read many reports and trip reviews and boards (not just here on CC) that state differently. :)

On 8/2/2019 at 10:16 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Not included with the package, you can go to Izumi and get a $35 credit towards your bill.

In looking at my Cruise Planner for my Symphony cruise, it shows Izumi is now a flat fee restaurant.  It states on the website "From 49.99 per adult" which leads me to believe it is no longer a la carte.  I know in the past it was a la carte, but I am not sure now based on what I am seeing.  I am not a sushi person, so it won't matter to me in the least, but if it has changed, I just wanted the correct info to be posted.  Perhaps someone who is going soon will be able to clear it up.  If I am incorrect, I do apologize and I think the website is very confusing if that is the case.

32 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

In looking at my Cruise Planner for my Symphony cruise, it shows Izumi is now a flat fee restaurant.  It states on the website "From 49.99 per adult" which leads me to believe it is no longer a la carte.  I know in the past it was a la carte, but I am not sure now based on what I am seeing.  I am not a sushi person, so it won't matter to me in the least, but if it has changed, I just wanted the correct info to be posted.  Perhaps someone who is going soon will be able to clear it up.  If I am incorrect, I do apologize and I think the website is very confusing if that is the case.

I believe Izumi sushi is still ala carte hence the 35.00 credit under UDP. Izumi Hibatchi with the grill tables are the 49.00 pp and that is covered completely under the UDP as are the other flat fee restaurants 

Edited by UFMOM

The Izumi dinner is a prix fixe three or four course dinner that, I believe, can only be booked online. Diners can continue to order from the Izumi a la carte menu on board.  I was confused too when this menu item first appeared on the cruise planner last year, but I have been on multiple ships with an Izumi restaurant (including Symphony). The standard a la carte menu was offered, and the price fixe meal was never offered on the menu or mentioned.

8 minutes ago, seabeew said:

The Izumi dinner is a prix fixe three or four course dinner that, I believe, can only be booked online. Diners can continue to order from the Izumi a la carte menu on board.  I was confused too when this menu item first appeared on the cruise planner last year, but I have been on multiple ships with an Izumi restaurant (including Symphony). The standard a la carte menu was offered, and the price fixe meal was never offered on the menu or mentioned.

Thanks.  I was not able to pull up all the info on Izumi.  I only saw the info about the price.