Hotel Pre Cruise San Juan

Badger Bob 1947

23 minutes ago, Badger Bob 1947 said:

Looking for a recommendation for a hotel, VRBO, or Airbnb, for one night before our February Cruise.

You may also consider asking and looking for an answer to your question here on this link...https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/80-san-juan-pr/. Another option is join the roll call for your cruise and ask there. 

Edited by davekathy

We like Condado Plaza Hilton and Caribe (which is now open I think). 

Marriott gets great reviews.  Check tripadvisor.  LOTS of hotels in SJU.  You'll learn a lot more with tripadvisor and other research than just asking for comments here.

For one night, I personally wouldn't be looking at AirBnB etc to save a few dollars, would want a hotel.

Edited by bouhunter

I like the Hampton Inn.  The poolside grill has absolutely fantastic food, and there's free breakfast (eggs, waffles, bacon, etc....not just cold breakfast, though they have that too).  They also have a shuttle to the pier for a small fee, which makes transit super easy.  It's really close to the airport, but I've never had a problem with th noise from the planes inside my room (though it can be a bit loud outside.....but not so much that it's unbearable).  My group and I had a fantastic experience there last year, and we've booked it again for our upcoming cruise in October.

• Like 1

We've stayed at many through the years as we cruise out of San Juan quite a bit. Our favorite is the Intercontinental. Our second choice is Embassy Suites. Both of these are near the airport. If you're looking to wander around Old San Juan, you'll need to grab a taxi or some other means of transportation. For something closer to the pier, but still not in Old San Juan, we like the Courtyard San Juan Miramar.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We've stayed at many through the years as we cruise out of San Juan quite a bit. Our favorite is the Intercontinental. Our second choice is Embassy Suites. Both of these are near the airport. If you're looking to wander around Old San Juan, you'll need to grab a taxi or some other means of transportation. For something closer to the pier, but still not in Old San Juan, we like the Courtyard San Juan Miramar.

I’ll second the courtyard also. There is a wonderful restaurant around the corner from the courtyard called Restaurante Casita Miramar. One of the best meals I ever had in my life. 

My husband and I love the IC, but it is undergoing renovations soon.  Not sure when it reopens.  Always a solid choice.  Love the beach there.  Great service. 

If you want something boutique-y, try the Serafina in the Condado neghborhood.  It is a lovely independent hotel (so no points on stay, unfortunately).  Great staff. The on-site restaurant is a gem, right on the beach.

We love staying at the Casablanca Hotel in Old San Juan.  An eclectic, funky, hotel, very different than your typical hotel stay.   And its in a great location for sightseeing in OSJ.

5 hours ago, suzk2275a said:

We love the Caribe Hilton.  We have not stayed there since the reopening but are scheduled for another pre-cruise stay on August 24th.

Susan

We are staying there in November - really looking forward to seeing the renovations.

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Our favorite is La Concha, a Marriott,  on the beach in Condado. Pricey but we've always been able to use points.  Walgreens is a pleasant walk to pu those last minute things.

I really enjoyed my stay at the La Concha Renaissance as well when I stayed there very recently.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, Getting out there said:

Hotel Milano - another hotel in Old San Juan - very close to the forts

We just stayed at the Hotel Milano in the heart of OSJ for our pre-cruise night. It was great and we would stay there again. It's a budget boutique hotel that served our needs. It was clean, the staff was very friendly and the rooms were very cool (the AC works great). There is also the popular roof top restaurant too. Staff will call you a cab for your short trip to the cruise port when you are ready.

On 8/5/2019 at 5:18 PM, suzk2275a said:

We love the Caribe Hilton.  We have not stayed there since the reopening but are scheduled for another pre-cruise stay on August 24th.

Susan

Looks like we'll be joining you on the Freedom! We're staying at the Condado Hilton because they have a family suite that works for us... looking forward to it, see you on board!

• Like 1

We have stayed prior to a cruise twice. We absolutely loved Villa Herencia in OSJ. It's a little boutique hotel with about 9 rooms. We also stayed right across the street at the Sheraton OSJ. So convenient to walk across the street to the ship (assuming Carnival).