Is HAL eliminating breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill ?

scubacruiserx2

Since we are going back on topic...

Now that I had time to think about Club Orange, it's an almost identical product to Princess's Club Class:  https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-eFlyer.pdf

That said, our 2017 cruise was on Regal Princess in a suite.  We had almost all of our breakfast in Sabatini's (suite-exclusive perk), while the Club Class area in MDR was also available to us for all meals.

Since Princess & HAL are basically in the same division within Carnival, without being onboard any HAL ships, I'd expect HAL to mirror Princess's practice of Club Class with its Club Orange.  Again, these two soft products are almost identical.  If HAL takes away PG breakfast for suites, it'll be akin to Princess taking away Sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers.

While I'm going on HAL & Princess, both lines' suite perks are very similar too.  Big ones for me: included laundry & specialty restaurant breakfast.

10 hours ago, Selion said:

Since we are going back on topic...

Now that I had time to think about Club Orange, it's an almost identical product to Princess's Club Class:  https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-eFlyer.pdf

That said, our 2017 cruise was on Regal Princess in a suite.  We had almost all of our breakfast in Sabatini's (suite-exclusive perk), while the Club Class area in MDR was also available to us for all meals.

Since Princess & HAL are basically in the same division within Carnival, without being onboard any HAL ships, I'd expect HAL to mirror Princess's practice of Club Class with its Club Orange.  Again, these two soft products are almost identical.  If HAL takes away PG breakfast for suites, it'll be akin to Princess taking away Sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers.

While I'm going on HAL & Princess, both lines' suite perks are very similar too.  Big ones for me: included laundry & specialty restaurant breakfast.

We booked a suite in Regal so thanks for reviewing the perks . It nice to know that they peacefully coexist and there was no loss of Sabatini's .

7 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

Don't ever tell me HAL is going to get rid of lunch in the Pinnacle Grill.  It's the only time I go and thoroughly enjoy it.  And I NEED room service for breakfast every day.

We haven't heard anything about that . Another nice perk in the Neptune suite is having the MDR diner delivered to your room if you choose to .

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We haven't heard anything about that . Another nice perk in the Neptune suite is having the MDR diner delivered to your room if you choose to .

That’s a nice perk that anyone in any room can enjoy 😉 

• Like 1

We could't afford a Neptune Suite until our trip to Alaska in 2017 on the Eurodam . We had booked an SY until we read about the NS and it's perks . So bit the bullet and took the plunge . We loved the PG for breakfast and tried the Tamarind on the first night . I'm not use to writing a thread without photos , so here's a replay of that review .

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu_zpskrigo2ka.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu1_zps8j6oa82h.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu3_zpsogbcfswb.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu4_zpseicwzo0o.jpg

Thai chicken and rice soup

DSC00658_zpsrozuv8ki.jpg

Indonesian style Laksa with quail eggs

DSC00659_zpspucr1mct.jpg

Satay sampler

DSC00660_zpsnsnz5f81.jpg

Peking duck with Chinese crepes

DSC00661_zpsprsamz3k.jpg

Lobster roll

DSC00663_zpsih5o80h5.jpg

Wasabi and soy crusted beef tenderloin

DSC00666_zpsqxiqms4s.jpg

My Penang Red Curry

DSC00664_zpsqbibkm28.jpg

Boy did I love that stuff , but it's big bowl !

Trio of sorbets

DSC00676_zpspz6vt3ak.jpg

And the Tamarind Chocolate

DSC00677_zpsgo1sr2ff.jpg

Why doesn't HAL offer a pop up Tamarind in the Pinnacle Grill for all people on all cruises ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Atomica said:

Thoroughly enjoyed breakfast in the PG last week aboard Nieuw Amsterdam. Didn't do it every morning, but found it very relaxing and enjoyable the few times we did. It's a great option for Neptune Suite guests.

Super ! We did it every chance that we could but on the early mornings in port it was room service . But we did wish that we could carry the trays downstairs to the PG 😉

We'd also love aTamarind pop up idea. Rudi's held no appeal to us since we are both vegetarian. Should be easy - they already have the receipes and no additional cost for rights. We'd book it!

20 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We heard back from our TA who had spoken to Seattle about the breakfast in the PG . She confirmed that it would still be served .

I hope that Seattle person is right.  

We always eat breakfast in the Pinnacle unless we have a very early excursion.