Is HAL eliminating breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill ?

scubacruiserx2

12 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Sadly -- yes.

I do not like the idea of sitting in a special area of the dining room for Club Orange.

Nor do we . I wonder if anyone who has been on a ship with Club Orange other than the Konningsdam or Nieuw Statendam can share if they are still able to eat breakfast at the Pinnacle .

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Sadly -- yes.

I do not like the idea of sitting in a special area of the dining room for Club Orange.

The boys from Brazil ( Seattle)  want to eliminate breakfast completely in order to safe more $$$..

We think we did our last Neptune suite in April and luckily breakfast was still in the Pinnacle.  Since we started cruising we enjoyed many of the Neptune suite perks and I really enjoyed the quietness of a Pinnacle breakfast.  We don’t want a “special area” in the dining room.  Since we are 4* we get the laundry included.  Other than the size of the Neptune suites we won’t miss booking them.  

• Like 1

If true it will mean the end of HAL for us.  "The last straw!"

I am sure they won't miss us, but there are cruise lines out there that still want our business enough to keep the service the matters. 

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Will let you know next week 😜

Thanks Copper. We really enjoyed CO on the new ships. We "might" do breakfast in the CO area of the dining room, but would never do dinner there. We purchase a Neptune for the Neptune Lounge, and breakfast in the Pinnacle or now an individual CO venue.The main DR is not that IMO. 

NO!!  Pinnacle Grill breakfast is our favorite Neptune perk.  We will be 4 star after next Spring’s cruise on Zaandam, so as Candaianbear, we might move back down on the food chain.  Too bad.  Taking away a popular benefit shouldn’t be taken lightly, or without consulting their most loyal customers.

• Like 1

In July Inwas in a Neptune suite on the Oosterdam and we could either have breakfast in the Pinnacle grill, Club Orange in MDR or just have room service, Lido.  We actually utilized all options over the course of our week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madera1 said:

In July Inwas in a Neptune suite on the Oosterdam and we could either have breakfast in the Pinnacle grill, Club Orange in MDR or just have room service, Lido.  We actually utilized all options over the course of our week.

How was the quality of breakfast food in Pinnacle vs MDR?

We had very slow service in the Pinnacle grill for breakfast and there was only one other table occupied at the time, thus we never returned. As far as seating in the MDR, we were all but once given window tables.

On the Noordam in April/May, the Pinnacle breakfast was available and was OK, not fabulous, but few things on the sad Noordam were fabulous.  Could someone explain what Club Orange is?  Have not yet experienced it.

1 hour ago, tv24 said:

On the Noordam in April/May, the Pinnacle breakfast was available and was OK, not fabulous, but few things on the sad Noordam were fabulous.  Could someone explain what Club Orange is?  Have not yet experienced it.

Here you go:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/2018-press-releases/news-20181112-ClubOrangeCon18.html  

And the CO opening and cost schedule (per person) around the fleet:

Koningsdam Live $35.00 
Nieuw Statendam Live $35.00 
Eurodam 6/22/19 $25.00 
Oosterdam 6/23/19 $25.00 
Zaandam 7/6/19 $25.00 
Westerdam 8/11/19 $25.00 
Amsterdam 8/12/19 $25.00 
Volendam 8/14/19 $25.00 
Nieuw Amsterdam 9/7/19 $25.00 
Noordam 9/15/19 $25.00 
Veendam 9/21/19 $25.00 
Zuiderdam 9/27/19 $25.00 
Rotterdam 10/5/19 $25.00 
Maasdam 10/17/19 $25.00 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Someone posted a list of when each ship would have the Club Orange added to it.  With this new search feature, I can't find it.

Copper posted the listing in this thread.  It’s post #17.

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Here you go:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/2018-press-releases/news-20181112-ClubOrangeCon18.html  

And the CO opening and cost schedule (per person) around the fleet:

Koningsdam Live $35.00 
Nieuw Statendam Live $35.00 
Eurodam 6/22/19 $25.00 
Oosterdam 6/23/19 $25.00 
Zaandam 7/6/19 $25.00 
Westerdam 8/11/19 $25.00 
Amsterdam 8/12/19 $25.00 
Volendam 8/14/19 $25.00 
Nieuw Amsterdam 9/7/19 $25.00 
Noordam 9/15/19 $25.00 
Veendam 9/21/19 $25.00 
Zuiderdam 9/27/19 $25.00 
Rotterdam 10/5/19 $25.00 
Maasdam 10/17/19 $25.00 

Here is the listing above for you KK.

1 minute ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I have had him on my Ignore list for years -- thus I can't see his posts.

Sorry, I didn’t know that.  Have quoted his listing above for you so you can see it.