Any non-AI options comparable to Paradise Beach?

Gatordad815

Hi all! Last time we were in Cozumel, we went to Paradise Beach and had a great day. Because of kids’ food allergies, all-inclusives aren’t what we are looking for (plus my wife and I prefer to eat lunch off a menu), so Paradise worked well for us.

While my wife wasn’t in love with the Beach at Paradise at first (she prefers to look at the ocean as opposed to inflatables close to shore), the wonderful service, food, drinks, pool and vibe more than made up for that and we really loved the place in the end. 

We we will be back soon, and as much as I prefer to try new things on our travels, I haven’t found anything that seems to compare. Playa Mia just doesn’t appeal much to me (I think it’s the lack of shade on the beach and by the pool that’s turning me off). And most other places seem to be all-inclusive or geared towards adults and not families. 

Are there any other non-AI options worth trying for families, or did we really find the best of all worlds with Paradise Beach on our last visit? Any input appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Gatordad815

I would second Palancar if you simply want a beach day, (no pool) although it is not as quiet as it used to be. Mitsugirly has a photo review in her signature if you use the search feature on this forum.

otherwise I would suggest Chankanaab if you have pre-teens, plenty to do.

If you are adventurous you could go to Punta Morena, El Pescador/ChenRio or Punta Sur on the east coast but ocean swimming is limited (careful of currents) and you would need to book a driver or secure a taxi for several hours and maybe help with turtle rescue.

Edited by c-leg5