Star covered balcony Mini suites

Carol Ann III

Hi,

I should be able to find this information easily but sadly cannot. Can anyone tell me which decks have covered balconies?  Or is it individual to each minisuite?

And, hypothetically if you had to chose between a premium balcony on the rear of the ship facing the wake or a standard minisuite which would you go for?

Thank you !

I'm not sure about balcony cabins, but the mini suites on Emerald Deck 8 have fully covered balconies. They are category ME. We have booked them numerous times and never been disappointed. I don't like looking down on people and I don't like being looked down on. Also they are perfect in the rain! 

We had an aft facing balcony once and I admit I didn't care for it. I have minor walking issues and it was just way too far from the elevators. The view was spectacular, but after a day or so of the same view, I was over it. 

All mini suites on deck 9 have 9' x 6' balconies that are not covered. The 12 mini suites on deck 8 aft have 9' x 6' balconies that are covered.

There are 6 balcony category cabins that face the wake of the ship, 2 each on decks 8, 9 and 10. The interiors are the standard balcony layout, no different than port and starboard balcony category cabins. These 6 cabins have different sized balconies with different amounts of cover.

Balcony category cabins on deck 10 have 9' x 9' balconies with 5' of cover and 4' uncovered.

Balcony category cabins on decks 11, 12 & 14 have 9' x 5' balconies that are covered.

7 hours ago, skynight said:

All mini suites on deck 9 have 9' x 6' balconies that are not covered. The 12 mini suites on deck 8 aft have 9' x 6' balconies that are covered.

There are 6 balcony category cabins that face the wake of the ship, 2 each on decks 8, 9 and 10. The interiors are the standard balcony layout, no different than port and starboard balcony category cabins. These 6 cabins have different sized balconies with different amounts of cover.

Balcony category cabins on deck 10 have 9' x 9' balconies with 5' of cover and 4' uncovered.

Balcony category cabins on decks 11, 12 & 14 have 9' x 5' balconies that are covered.

Actually there are 2 cabins on Emerald Deck with huge balconies - see pictures E728 is on the port side and e729 is on the starboard side.  The pic marked E729 shows how it is covered and how it wraps around.  I grabbed 729 and have it marked NO UPGRADE. 

e728.jpg

e729.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MixerDave said:

Actually there are 2 cabins on Emerald Deck with huge balconies - see pictures E728 is on the port side and e729 is on the starboard side.  The pic marked E729 shows how it is covered and how it wraps around.  I grabbed 729 and have it marked NO UPGRADE. 

e728.jpg

e729.jpg

Would this be true of cabins E728 and E729 on the Crown Princess too?  We are looking to book a 12 night cruise of the British Isles in 2021 as soon as the itineraries are released next week, so I am trying to do all my research now so I know which cabin to choose... thanks!

10 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Would this be true of cabins E728 and E729 on the Crown Princess too?  We are looking to book a 12 night cruise of the British Isles in 2021 as soon as the itineraries are released next week, so I am trying to do all my research now so I know which cabin to choose... thanks!

On the Crown, as well as Ruby and Emerald - the cabins would be E730 and 731.  Keep in mind these cabins are above the nightclub, with the portside cabin above the stage.  Here is a youtube video of E730 on Crown  

If you desire one of these be sure to mark it NO UPGRADE

Edited by MixerDave

43 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

On the Crown, as well as Ruby and Emerald - the cabins would be E730 and 731.  Keep in mind these cabins are above the nightclub, with the portside cabin above the stage.  Here is a youtube video of E730 on Crown  

If you desire one of these be sure to mark it NO UPGRADE

Is the port side only above the stage or is it above the nightclub too?  What about the other mini suite cabins on Emerald?  How many of them are above the stage and/or the nightclub?  I don't think I would want the one above the nightclub, but the stage wouldn't be too bad since the shows are over pretty early...   Thanks for the info!

18 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Is the port side only above the stage or is it above the nightclub too?  What about the other mini suite cabins on Emerald?  How many of them are above the stage and/or the nightclub?  I don't think I would want the one above the nightclub, but the stage wouldn't be too bad since the shows are over pretty early...   Thanks for the info!

We have never had noise issues on either side over the aft lounge.

1 hour ago, puppymama1 said:

Check out the deck plans on this site - I was talking about the stage in the night club - not the theater.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Crown-Princess

• 3 months later...
On 8/6/2019 at 6:29 PM, Carol Ann III said:

Thank you all!!

The only negative to deck 8 is what's on deck 7. We book deck 9 (Dolphin) mini-suites only because there are cabins below and above us. In my mind our cabin will be quieter than something on deck 8. However, I have rarely seen anyone complain about the noise on deck 8 mini-suite cabins. I'm just super-cautious as I'm a light sleeper. We recently sailed on the Crown on deck 9 and didn't miss too many occasions to use our uncovered balcony, but it is something to consider.

8 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

The only negative to deck 8 is what's on deck 7. We book deck 9 (Dolphin) mini-suites only because there are cabins below and above us. In my mind our cabin will be quieter than something on deck 8. However, I have rarely seen anyone complain about the noise on deck 8 mini-suite cabins. I'm just super-cautious as I'm a light sleeper. We recently sailed on the Crown on deck 9 and didn't miss too many occasions to use our uncovered balcony, but it is something to consider.

We are going to get our first experience on deck 8 of the Emerald Princess in a mini suite above the lounge at the end of March. I've only seen one negative comment from someone who had the suite directly above the stage and complained about the noise. However, every other comment about the mini suites on deck 8 were positive and nobody heard any noise from the lounge. Our suite is far away from the stage. So, we anticipate a quiet suite, but I guess we'll find out.

10 hours ago, Northumberland said:

We are going to get our first experience on deck 8 of the Emerald Princess in a mini suite above the lounge at the end of March. I've only seen one negative comment from someone who had the suite directly above the stage and complained about the noise. However, every other comment about the mini suites on deck 8 were positive and nobody heard any noise from the lounge. Our suite is far away from the stage. So, we anticipate a quiet suite, but I guess we'll find out.

I'm sure you will be pleased. Like I said, I am paranoid about noise when I sleep, so I have avoided the mini-suites on deck 8 for that reason; I have no personal experience. I think you changes of enjoying the quiet you need are at least 98%. Have a great time!

Doug