Taxi from SYD to CBD, then White Bay

Selamat Sore.

I learned a little Bahasa Indonesia when I spent some of my nasho time in Kalimantan Barat (Indonesian west Borneo). I try to use it whenever possible when meeting Indonesian cruise staff, especially the table waiters, their faces just light up and usually starts a great rapport.

I learnt a little Baslima (Vanuatu) when I was doing some work with people from there, but unless you become really fluent, if you don’t keep using a language it’s easy to forget it, (applies to any language in my experience).

I try to learn basic greetings etc and use them in the appropriate countries but the Med cruise we did a couple of years ago just about scrambled my brain.

French

Spanish

French

Italian

Greek

Italian

Greek

French

Spanish

and that didn't include two stops in Kotor and one in Dubrovnik where I didn't know any words in those languages!

🙄🤣

Having lived in the Philippines and also having a Thai Sis inlaw language wise we do pretty well with a lot of the staff. One cruise our Assistant Waiter, Waiter, Head Waiter, and Maitre'D were all Filipino, quite a crowd and a surprising amount of food and drink at our table at the end of late dining as it turned out that the Maitre'D and I had some mutual friends.

Edited by Russell21