Shareholder OBC - when to send in?

TriumphGuy

We have a transatlantic cruise booked for next April (2020), our first cruise with HAL. We are former Princess cruisers. (decided to dump Princess because of their ridiculous cabin chair removal decision) 

With Princess, you could send in your proof of Carnival shares at any time and they would apply it. Does this work the same with HAL? Or do I need to wait until it is closer to the sail date?

Also, do I send it direct to HAL or through our TA? 

It's $250 OBC, so we don't want to pass it up!

Thanks!

Agree with above poster.  If I use a TA they will fax it in for you.  Or if you prefer, you can fax it in but on the proof I always request an email confirmation so I can take it with me.  Have had an issue in the past but had my email confirmation to show the front desk.

14 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

We have a transatlantic cruise booked for next April (2020), our first cruise with HAL. We are former Princess cruisers. (decided to dump Princess because of their ridiculous cabin chair removal decision) 

With Princess, you could send in your proof of Carnival shares at any time and they would apply it. Does this work the same with HAL? Or do I need to wait until it is closer to the sail date?

Also, do I send it direct to HAL or through our TA? 

It's $250 OBC, so we don't want to pass it up!

Thanks!

Yesterday I faxed information on Cruises for October, maybe the same TA in April, and one in May. All were credited within two hours. The only restriction I know of is that the cruise has to be within the current authorization, usually I believe Jul 1 -  Jun 30.

You can send it in as soon as the authorization for the cruise period has been approved---usually about the time of the stockholders' meeting in the spring. The latest to send it in is about 3-4 weeks before sailing.
You can send it in yourself, or have the TA do it for you. I always have my TA do it, and then she sends me a new confirmation of the OBC I have for that cruise.

39 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We booked a last-minute Alaska cruise on Monday (to sail the following Monday), Pat sent off the fax on Monday, as soon as our payment had gone through, and got the credit within a couple of hours....

Excellent Ann,

Have a great time on your cruise 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks, Jacqui.  I could tell Pat needed a cruise - he was getting bored and grumpy!

LOL - so of course you are only doing it for him and don’t want to go yourself 😉 

What a great wife you are 😄