Review of Aft cabins on Celebrity Solstice wanted!

Droop

Please remember that on solstice, Eclipse, Equinox and Silhouette the connection between connecting cabins is not an interior door, but the vestibule created out in the corridor.  So there is no space/furniture lost by the connection.  With Reflection they reverted to the door between the cabins configuration, but the door is in the hallway opposite the bathroom.  So no space lost there.  EM

• Thanks 1

Essiesmom that's good to know about those ships.  Thanks for the info. 

Bengaltiger I'm hoping that there are no rough seas on this cruise.  I've only been on 1 cruise where the ship was rocking but I noticed that Princess does not like to use the stabilizers as much (to cut cost). I suffered from motion sickness for 1 day on that cruise.  But that was down in the Caribbean. 

TKline a cruise to Scotland/Ireland/Iceland/North pole is another cruise that's on my bucket list.  It was between this cruise or the Scotland one I was struggling with.  But due to the time of years (me retiring in Feb 2022) going to Europe would be a lot cooler during that time so I picked this one.  :) 

DPcmh I can understand the water issue on the balcony.  The aft cabins that we have had usually have partial cover which is nice.  I remember a corner aft cabin that we had which was really nice because you had a sweeping view. 

I'm loving all of the reviews/comments.  :) 

On 8/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, lola2013 said:

My friends were in the connecting cabin...no problem at all.   There was no noise from either side of me and no lost space.  All good.

Enjoy!

We are in the two aft C1s on deck 12 - 2214 and our friends are in 2223 on the Reflection in September.  They are actually connecting cabins as well.  Did you ever open the balcony divider between you and your friends?  If so, could you close it whenever you wanted?

On 8/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, Droop said:

I was wondering if anyone had comments (pros/cons) on the AFT cabins on the Celebrity Solstice?  If there were any on the other threads maybe I'm missing them but if there are any please let me know.  I'm planning on taking a back to back out of Sydney when I retire in 2022.  The cruise that I'm looking for is in April which would not be too hot or too cold.  The first one is 11 days out of Sydney up the coast of the Barrier Reef.  The other one is also out of Sydney 18 days approx (again on the Solstice) and this goes to New Zealand, Bora Bora etc. and ends up in Hawaii. 

I wanted to make sure that the location and cabin is one that I'm going to be happy with since I would be spending approx. 28 days. We are possibly having some family and friends on the same cruise as well. 

On other cruises on other lines we read the reviews and I remember some stating that there was an issue with the vibrations/smell/soot and other things that were an issue.  (this was on Princess).  We had taken the risk and we ended up with an AFT cabin which had the worst smell when you were outside due to the vent being right above us.  We paid for a balcony cabin but ended up with ocean view due to not being able to spend any time outside. Please mind you I don't want to sound negative but I just wanted some reviews of what they have experienced. 

That's what I love about c/c. 

W

We snagged a sunset veranda cabin, right at the back of the ship on our cruise last year on the Celebrity Eclipse (a sister ship to the Celebrity Solstice)

It was the best cruise ship cabin we had, especially on sea days. No problems what-so-ever. Tons of pics of the cabin, balcony in my review (link in my signature below).

Cheers!

Nick

Dougocam I was wondering if you had any problems with the motion from being on a higher deck?  I'm asking for those who may have an issue with motion. 

nekzaadvaki The pictures were awesome!  I noticed that there is a gap between you balcony and the edge. Is the gap a walkway that people can walk by?  I was thinking for privacy.  You really lucked out on that cabin.  I've always been nervous about booking a guaranteed cabin so I've never booked one.  I like to know what cabin I have.  One of these days I may try that. 

Beachlover in the past when I've checked to see if we can open the balconies between us they have never allowed that but I've heard that it just depends on the cruise/ship.  From what I've read on the CC it's a hit and miss.  It sure would be nice to do that though.  :)

We stayed in 9307 on the Solstice up in Alaska ... wonderful cabin.  There is a slight bit of your balcony, if standing by the railing, where people from deck 10 could look down on you.  Hopefully, people are respectful enough to just  look at the beautiful scenery and not onto other's balconies.  There's always one in the crowd but it wouldn't deter me from booking this cabin again.  We had no soot issue and no vibration issue to speak of.  It was a concierge cabin, so a bit more than a regular balcony but well worth it .... and you get extra points towards your tier level.   

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We stayed in 9307 on the Solstice up in Alaska ... wonderful cabin.  There is a slight bit of your balcony, if standing by the railing, where people from deck 10 could look down on you.  Hopefully, people are respectful enough to just  look at the beautiful scenery and not onto other's balconies.  There's always one in the crowd but it wouldn't deter me from booking this cabin again.  We had no soot issue and no vibration issue to speak of.  It was a concierge cabin, so a bit more than a regular balcony but well worth it .... and you get extra points towards your tier level.   

We just booked this same cabin on the Equinox and those extra points get us to Elite.   We needed such a minimal amount of points to get to Elite we decided to not do a Suite or Aqua and we will just take this cruise extra casual.  The aft sky suite on Silhouette was also great when we did that!      Thanks for the post it was very helpful!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 3:13 AM, Droop said:

nekzaadvaki The pictures were awesome!  I noticed that there is a gap between you balcony and the edge. Is the gap a walkway that people can walk by?  I was thinking for privacy.  You really lucked out on that cabin.  I've always been nervous about booking a guaranteed cabin so I've never booked one.  I like to know what cabin I have.  One of these days I may try that. 

Yup, we were really lucky on the GTY, we also usually never go for GTY cabins, unless its the only choice left. with regards to the gap between the balcony and the edge of the ship, no - no one can walk there, I think that's just for safety. However, since the aft cabins are not one above the other, the people on the cabins above you can see maybe 10% of your balcony from above. Wasn't really a big deal and definitely better than ordinary balcony cabins. 

Cheers!

Nick

nekzaadvaki That sounds wonderful.  I don't mind the 10% of the balcony showing.  The hubby does not like to sit out in the sun so that would give us the coverage. 

dougocam we have been on the Alaskan cruise 3 times on different lines so we know the waters around that area....it's pretty calm around there.  I was wondering about the waters going to or from Australia.  It's nice to know how that ship handles going through the inside passage as well.  :) Thanks!

On 8/16/2019 at 10:48 AM, Beachlover1989 said:

We are in the two aft C1s on deck 12 - 2214 and our friends are in 2223 on the Reflection in September.  They are actually connecting cabins as well.  Did you ever open the balcony divider between you and your friends?  If so, could you close it whenever you wanted?

We always book 3 adjacent Sunset Verandas and have always been able to havae the balcony dividers open.  Once they open them, I cannot see any way that you could close it yourself unless you brought a tool kit.  It's not the entire section between the balconies that opens... just a small section at the railing.  You can still sit in the chairs and not see the person sitting in the adjacent balcony.  Just remember that regardless of the divider being open or not, you can hear everything your neighbors are saying (or doing) on their balcony... lol