Multiple ships at Coco Cay

jptoz

Will be on Anthem in Nov. And  now noticed  that there will be  2 ships at coco cay(Anthem, Majesty).  Just wondering, cause 7500 people seem like a lot of people. Does anyone have experience with this may people on the island.

We were there first time they had 2 ships at Coco Cay (Mariner & Navigator) and it was fine.

It was much better than a few years back when we were on Majesty and Navigator was also there. We actually got off Majesty early and could not find a place on the beach (Navigator had arrived first).

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I was there today.

CocoCay (in its present form) was built to handle two ships.

And it handled them very well.  Do not worry.

What do you think about 3 ships?

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Majesty, Empress and Grandeur = ok

Oasis, Allure & Harmony = ruh roh

😄

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully they won't schedule those there at the same time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They would have to tender one ship and I don’t believe that they still have the tender boats at CocoCay.

I don't think the tender boats can get under the new bridge.

12 hours ago, mooseman52b said:

We were there first time they had 2 ships at Coco Cay (Mariner & Navigator) and it was fine.

It was much better than a few years back when we were on Majesty and Navigator was also there. We actually got off Majesty early and could not find a place on the beach (Navigator had arrived first).

Uh oh.  I'm going on the Navigator in January and the Majesty is supposed to be there at the same time.

10 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Uh oh.  I'm going on the Navigator in January and the Majesty is supposed to be there at the same time.

Should be wonderful. Majesty has about half as many passengers as Mariner and now there's no tendering to deal with. Off the ship onto the pier and off to the beach, pool, or water park.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Did you even read the responses on this thread??

NO PROBLEM with two ships there NOW... the problem was BEFORE the new features were added.  

Last week with Navigator and Empress there were plenty of places to find a lounger and umbrella (umbrellas are free now).  Maybe not in the front row at the pool but it was a lot better than a sea day on a ship trying to find a longer close to the pool.

Anthem and Majesty will top our numbers but there are so many places to spread out the crowds now it shouldn't be an issue.  I recall hearing Bayley talking that it was designed with the ultimate goal or ability for two Oasis class ships to visit someday.  

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Did you even read the responses on this thread??

NO PROBLEM with two ships there NOW... the problem was BEFORE the new features were added.  

Yes, I did, and they came up after I made my post.  I was responding to a less-than-encouraging post in which someone who specifically mentioned the 2 ships said they had difficulties.  Thank you for extremely friendly post.

• Like 2

Glad to hear that there shoudn't be  an overcrowding  problem.  Just curious  though, how does it work with reserving things on island(Cabanas, Excursions). Do passengers on Anthem get first dibs, Since they were scheduled all along.  

1 hour ago, jptoz said:

Glad to hear that there shoudn't be  an overcrowding  problem.  Just curious  though, how does it work with reserving things on island(Cabanas, Excursions). Do passengers on Anthem get first dibs, Since they were scheduled all along.  

For my ‘originally going to Cuba’ Majesty cruise in June we were sharing CocoCay with Navigator, and Navigator was of course long scheduled to be there.  However a few days after Cuba being canceled we had some cabanas open on the cruise planner, thrill water park passes, several other excursions.  I assumed they pulled the available inventory from Navigator and gave us a chance to book, also since they supposedly hold back X number of excursions for onboard sales.  I was  able to get a Chill Island cabana.  No Oasis Lagoon cabanas were available.  I think water park cabanas were open too.  We walked up to the balloon ride and bought tickets and boarded immediately.  Zero line.  

7 minutes ago, karen_g said:

Where can I check to see what ships will be in CocoCay on the day I will be there?  Is there a website to check?

You can try cruisett.com or cruisecal.com.

12 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Yes, I did, and they came up after I made my post.  I was responding to a less-than-encouraging post in which someone who specifically mentioned the 2 ships said they had difficulties.  Thank you for extremely friendly post.

You literally quoted a post that said it was fine -- it did not come up "after" you made your post, as it was included in your post.  

On 8/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, mooseman52b said:

Sorry for being snarky, but you would have saved yourself from all of it if you had actually read and comprehended the post you quoted in the first place.

Instead, it's like you only read the purple parts and completely ignored the red parts. 

I love Cruise Critic and have learned a lot here over the years and I'm always happy to help others, but when people don't comprehend what they read, it creates problems that don't actually exist.  

On 8/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, jptoz said:

Will be on Anthem in Nov. And  now noticed  that there will be  2 ships at coco cay(Anthem, Majesty).  Just wondering, cause 7500 people seem like a lot of people. Does anyone have experience with this may people on the island.

We were at Coco Cay on July 7th and both Navigator and Empress were there with perfect weather.  We didn't have any problem with crowds.  We were in the water park for half the day and explored the rest of the island the other half.  We had a great time.  Didn't even have to wait to get a drink at the bars or getting food.  I think you'll be fine.  We loved what they've done with the island.