1ST Norwegian Cruise booked

spotter27

Hi, I booked my 1 st Norwegian Epic cruise, Ive cruised before but on Carnival and Royal Caribbean . I am very excited to do the Southern Cruise from 

Puerto Rico. Has anyone done this recently and anything you can tell me about this ship would be helpful. I am having a hard time with flights from Charlotte

NC to SJU . Will the prices drop or should I book now. I cant find anything under 638. per person is this normal?  I need help please  Thank u  Sarah

44 minutes ago, KKB said:

I find flights to SJU are usually about double flying within the US. Often those cruises are cheaper, I often believe due to the higher flight costs.

San Juan IS within the United States. Perhaps you meant within the continental U.S.

It's been my experience that flights mostly go up in price so I would go ahead and book flights. 

You might want to check with some of the surrounding airports.  When will you be going?  Check out JetBlue prices (saw prices in $200s in Sept). You could also take flight to orlando (can be cheap from CLT) and then jump on Allegiant Air (prices in $100s  in Sept when I just looked).  Guess it would all depend on whether you are game to fly budget airlines.  If so, don't just do a Google/Expedia type search.

Good luck

I would use https://flights.google.com to see all your options.  I usually find 6-8 weeks out is the sweet spot.  After entering your search criteria (airports/dates/airlines/non-stop or # of stops) I use the date graph to see future low prices.

I will also say that this method usually prioritizes cost over convenience (ie Basic Economy vs Economy or Premium Economy) but you should be able to see that on the flight details.

Good Luck in your search!

PS - I would also caution with low cost budget carriers vs peace of mind.

3 hours ago, spotter27 said:

Hi, I booked my 1 st Norwegian Epic cruise, Ive cruised before but on Carnival and Royal Caribbean . I am very excited to do the Southern Cruise from 

Puerto Rico. Has anyone done this recently and anything you can tell me about this ship would be helpful. I am having a hard time with flights from Charlotte

NC to SJU . Will the prices drop or should I book now. I cant find anything under 638. per person is this normal?  I need help please  Thank u  Sarah

I am sure that you are looking at US Air. Check out of Greensboro, (the 90 minute drive north may save you a bundle) and also try Delta. Southwest may fly non stop out of RDU.

Edited by zqvol