water

momx8

Just now, momx8 said:

Am i better to buy a case of water after I board or to order it before on line?

Before: you prepay and have less of a stateroom portfolio balance during the week.

Onboard: if you have obc then it's a way to use it 

But really no difference because both ways you order and it gets delivered to your room. 

1 hour ago, momx8 said:

Take a refillable water bottle and fill it at the buffet, or a bar or out of your sink. There is no reason to spend money on bottled city water with an aquifina label on it.

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

On our last cruise in May there was NCL labels on the bottles. Friend bought 2 cases thinking it would be Aquafina but alas, it wasn’t. I’m good drinking water from tap. Just another way NCL makes more money. LOL

You mean by selling something that there is a demand for?  As silly as the whole bottled water canard is, it is only offered because some people want to waste their hard earned money on it.

6 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

You mean by selling something that there is a demand for?  As silly as the whole bottled water canard is, it is only offered because some people want to waste their hard earned money on it.

Actually some people would rather waste money on other things and be able to carry on a case of water that cost 4.00 for 24 bottles.  Instead of 54.00 for a case.      Easiest money maker.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

On our last cruise in May there was NCL labels on the bottles. Friend bought 2 cases thinking it would be Aquafina but alas, it wasn’t. I’m good drinking water from tap. Just another way NCL makes more money. LOL

NCL, and all cruise lines are in business to make money. No one forces you or anyone else to buy water, but if there is a demand for it NCL would be stupid not to take advantage of the demand. There is really no need to buy water, the water on the ship is excellent, but people think they have to have city tap water in a bottle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Apparently you have nothing better to do than put your two cents in on way too many forums I have read. All I said was that it wasn’t Aquafina anymore and NCL branded water that they probably get at practically no cost, which in turn makes them more money not paying for the ‘Aquafina’ brand name. And like I said, I am happy drinking tap and don’t buy bottled water. 

2 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Actually some people would rather waste money on other things and be able to carry on a case of water that cost 4.00 for 24 bottles.  Instead of 54.00 for a case.      Easiest money maker.    

Exactly. Thank you Ptroxx. But we know NCL stopped guests from bringing water, soda, iced tea and other beverages on board. That’s why I don’t buy water and just get the two bottles as a Platinum Plus member. 

24 minutes ago, zqvol said:

NCL, and all cruise lines are in business to make money. No one forces you or anyone else to buy water, but if there is a demand for it NCL would be stupid not to take advantage of the demand. There is really no need to buy water, the water on the ship is excellent, but people think they have to have city tap water in a bottle.

Zqvol, yes they are, but when I became Platinum we got Aquafina water as a perk. I didn’t imply that I was forced to buy water. And as I said, we’re very happy drinking the tap.  All I tried to point out was that who knows where the ‘NCL’ branded water comes from?  At least Aquafina is a PepsiCo company, something most of us are aware of.  Where do you think NCL branded water comes from?  

Edited by lovemycruisetoo
Spelling correction

I actually buy the 6 liter just so I have something in the room.   

But it I still bring swell water bottles with me and I’ll have my Stewart keep my ice bucket full for me.   I drink a lot of water.   

But ill also also have the free lemon aid and maybe a soda for diner one night.    

Normaly I only drink a soda a month or so.    

1 hour ago, Ptroxx said:

I actually buy the 6 liter just so I have something in the room.   

But it I still bring swell water bottles with me and I’ll have my Stewart keep my ice bucket full for me.   I drink a lot of water.   

But ill also also have the free lemon aid and maybe a soda for diner one night.    

Normaly I only drink a soda a month or so.    

Who is Stewart?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Apparently you have nothing better to do than put your two cents in on way too many forums I have read. All I said was that it wasn’t Aquafina anymore and NCL branded water that they probably get at practically no cost, which in turn makes them more money not paying for the ‘Aquafina’ brand name. And like I said, I am happy drinking tap and don’t buy bottled water. 

Exactly. Thank you Ptroxx. But we know NCL stopped guests from bringing water, soda, iced tea and other beverages on board. That’s why I don’t buy water and just get the two bottles as a Platinum Plus member. 

Zqvol, yes they are, but when I became Platinum we got Aquafina water as a perk. I didn’t imply that I was forced to buy water. And as I said, we’re very happy drinking the tap.  All I tried to point out was that who knows where the ‘NCL’ branded water comes from?  At least Aquafina is a PepsiCo company, something most of us are aware of.  Where do you think NCL branded water comes from?  

My post did not cost me even close to 2¢.  It was free, just like the perfectly good water on the ship!

3 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

You missed the point.  It is still a waste at $4.00.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zqvol said:

To tap this off - you can't bring your OWN water on board - NCL has a captive audience in H2o sales whether it is

NCL's own brand -  Aquafina is bottled by Pepsi - or some other so called private label.

The water is good come on in - drink it from the tap or bring your own empties and refill with 

WHAT - ships water how gauche - if you want to pay top dollar for it enjoy the charade ! 

6 hours ago, zqvol said:

Take a refillable water bottle and fill it at the buffet, or a bar or out of your sink. There is no reason to spend money on bottled city water with an aquifina label on it.

This exactly. The water from the tap is already filtered and purified

It always cracks me up when people are so militant about how other people choose to spend their discretionary income.  These same people spend money on cruises when I bet they have family and friends who "waste" their money on Disney World or European vacations but probably won't tell them how stupid they are for that wasted vacation. Jeepers...... if someone wants bottled water than they have a right too and not be called an idiot.  Next time you purchase that unnecessarily expensive Starbucks or buy a lottery ticket or that pack of cigarettes or eat out instead of saving money cooking at home..... remember how you talk to the bottled water people. 

Just my 2 cents 

• Like 5

And just as an FYI, the responses to a simple question is one of the reasons I normally do not end up going to the M&G's.  I cringe at times thinking some of the folks in the M&G are the same snide posters on some of these threads.  I can just see them questioning the cruise staff at every opportunity about all the things they think are wrong with NCL.  

• Like 2

On 8/10/2019 at 8:56 PM, Named-Tawny said:

This exactly. The water from the tap is already filtered and purified

For the benefit of anyone reading this that does not know, all the water you can access on the ship is sanitized (not purified) by using chlorine, the same chemical many municipalities use for their water supply. It is safe according to all water standards, and tested continuously.

The chlorine is undetectable when they run it through the carbon filters in the buffet, restaurants and in the bars. We like the water in those venues. The water coming out of the bathroom tap is chlorinated, and for those of us not used to it, smells and tastes like pool water. We buy the bottled water for convenience in our room, at night, etc. It's a convenience for us, and we like bottled water better because of the taste.

I understand those that are saying it's a waste of money, because I can't tell the difference between a $4 bottle of wine and a $50 bottle of wine, and they probably can't tell the difference in the water. So they drink from the tap and laugh at me, then go drink a $50 bottle of wine. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, esm54687 said:

It always cracks me up when people are so militant about how other people choose to spend their discretionary income.  These same people spend money on cruises when I bet they have family and friends who "waste" their money on Disney World or European vacations but probably won't tell them how stupid they are for that wasted vacation. Jeepers...... if someone wants bottled water than they have a right too and not be called an idiot.  Next time you purchase that unnecessarily expensive Starbucks or buy a lottery ticket or that pack of cigarettes or eat out instead of saving money cooking at home..... remember how you talk to the bottled water people. 

Just my 2 cents 

Militant, LOL my 2¢!

3 hours ago, fshagan said:

For the benefit of anyone reading this that does not know, all the water you can access on the ship is sanitized (not purified) by using chlorine, the same chemical many municipalities use for their water supply. It is safe according to all water standards, and tested continuously.

The chlorine is undetectable when they run it through the carbon filters in the buffet, restaurants and in the bars. We like the water in those venues. The water coming out of the bathroom tap is chlorinated, and for those of us not used to it, smells and tastes like pool water. We buy the bottled water for convenience in our room, at night, etc. It's a convenience for us, and we like bottled water better because of the taste.

I understand those that are saying it's a waste of money, because I can't tell the difference between a $4 bottle of wine and a $50 bottle of wine, and they probably can't tell the difference in the water. So they drink from the tap and laugh at me, then go drink a $50 bottle of wine. 

If your water has ANY taste it is not pure.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:11 AM, Birdie And Sue said:

If your water has ANY taste it is not pure.

And?

In context, the entire paragraph was about the taste of chlorine in the tap water from the cabin bathroom. The paragraph started with the statement that carbon filtering removed the chlorine taste and was fine for us in the restaurants and bars. But in the cabin, the water tastes like pool water to us because of the chlorine. We like bottled water because "of the taste" ... in context, for those that have a modicum of comprehension, "the taste" is unlike the tap water from the bathroom.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:46 PM, momx8 said:

You save $ by purchasing beforehand.  NCL site says it's a 44% savings.  The 6 pack of 1 liter bottles I purchased for our upcoming cruise was $20.34 online.  Don't know how much it is on board -- I'll assume 44% more, lol.