3 night, Fall cruise-Just a "booze cruise"?

mmb3124

So, here's the deal. We have a chance to do a quick, weekend getaway in late October. There's a 3 nighter, from Canaveral, on the Liberty. I know these short sailings have a rep as being nothing but "booze cruises", but are they? It's not a holiday, or a big school break time. Anyone with experience on these (especially Florida based) weekend cruises, we'd love to hear your experiences. By no means are we prudes / grumpy old folk.....but not necessarily interested in a 3 day drunken brawl, either. 

Thanks!

I've done three of these in January on the Ecstasy.  Overall, I don't find them to be much different than any other cruise.  The energy level just maintains itself, so that it's like the first night every night.  To me, the days seemed exactly the same.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naxer said:

I've done three of these in January on the Ecstasy.  Overall, I don't find them to be much different than any other cruise.  The energy level just maintains itself, so that it's like the first night every night.  To me, the days seemed exactly the same.  

Nailed it.  No different than any other to me either.  Now a 3 or 4 nighter during spring break...that's a different story!

• Like 1

I find them to be just like any other cruise I have been on.  Sure you will have your group of partiers but its great.  ANd even on Spring Break I took my kids on the Liberty and the atmosphere was fine even for kids.    I prefer the 3 and 4 night cruises cause it works better with my busy schedule.    

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jenn1974 said:

Its so worth it to do the cruise.  DH and I just had our anniversary in Vegas a couple weeks ago and I cringed at every meal because the cost kept going up and up.   We ended up spending almost as much in food as we did for the trip and the trip would have been about the same as the cruise.  

We used to be Vegas regulars....3-4 trips a year. For us, it's lost a lot of it's fun. While we're not hesitant to spend for recreation, they gouge for EVERYTHING out there now. The time zone difference takes a bigger toll than it used to, as well. So, we decided to try cruising (about 8-9 years ago)  & that's now our "escape" travel. Have only been back to LV twice & don't miss it at all.

• Like 1

For what it's worth ... if it is fall break for any colleges near Canaveral, you will have a higher chance of a party-hardy atmosphere, especially given that it is a weekender.  I have always found that I tend to make my own fun and there are plenty of areas on the ship where you can have a nice quiet time, even if it seems to so many other people are enjoying their party.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mmb3124 said:

We have a chance to do a quick, weekend getaway in late October. There's a 3 nighter, from Canaveral, on the Liberty. I know these short sailings have a rep as being nothing but "booze cruises", but are they? 

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I've been on a few 4 night cruises, highly dubbed as "booze cruises." They are barely different than 7 day cruises. Just more urban legends of the internet

I'm glad (and a bit surprised) to hear that some have found no/minimal difference.  I've actually felt there was a rather dramatic difference, but that hasn't stopped me from still booking some of the shorter sailings for the quick getaway. I was onboard Carnival Liberty five times in 2018. I just know, going into it from the initial planning, that it could be a rather rowdy/unorganized throughout. 

Have an enjoyable cruise vacation! 😊

So, here's the deal. We have a chance to do a quick, weekend getaway in late October. There's a 3 nighter, from Canaveral, on the Liberty. I know these short sailings have a rep as being nothing but "booze cruises", but are they? It's not a holiday, or a big school break time. Anyone with experience on these (especially Florida based) weekend cruises, we'd love to hear your experiences. By no means are we prudes / grumpy old folk.....but not necessarily interested in a 3 day drunken brawl, either. 

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, mmb3124 said:

We used to be Vegas regulars....3-4 trips a year. For us, it's lost a lot of it's fun. While we're not hesitant to spend for recreation, they gouge for EVERYTHING out there now. The time zone difference takes a bigger toll than it used to, as well. So, we decided to try cruising (about 8-9 years ago)  & that's now our "escape" travel. Have only been back to LV twice & don't miss it at all.

Many people think Las Vegas is one huge drunken brawl.  As you know, some locations can attract a more lively group same as on any cruise ship.   

Thanks!

We did the 4 night Liberty last September. It was rowdy (we had a four year old and seven year old with us). At muster, we talked to the staff as there were some obviously drunk people assembling (from a wedding party). They said, "This isn't as rowdy as the 3 day cruise." 

We just took that as note to selves to not book a 3 nighter with the kids. We are doing 7 night Breeze in 18 days and the same staff said the 7 night ones were much calmer. 

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

For what it's worth ... if it is fall break for any colleges near Canaveral, you will have a higher chance of a party-hardy atmosphere, especially given that it is a weekender.  I have always found that I tend to make my own fun and there are plenty of areas on the ship where you can have a nice quiet time, even if it seems to so many other people are enjoying their party.

There is no "fall break" for colleges in Florida. In addition, Florida public schools have no fall break nor a winter break. As a public school teacher sometimes I'm a little jealous of all these breaks but happy to get out earlier.

13 minutes ago, Swampbabe said:

There is no "fall break" for colleges in Florida. In addition, Florida public schools have no fall break nor a winter break. As a public school teacher sometimes I'm a little jealous of all these breaks but happy to get out earlier.

Good to know.  Obviously, I didn't.  That's why I used the word "if."  A small, but powerful word 🙂 The public school district where I live doesn't have fall break, either, but we start after Labor Day and are done in late May/early June.

2 hours ago, BandBWCsmom said:

We did the 4 night Liberty last September. It was rowdy (we had a four year old and seven year old with us). At muster, we talked to the staff as there were some obviously drunk people assembling (from a wedding party). They said, "This isn't as rowdy as the 3 day cruise." 

We just took that as note to selves to not book a 3 nighter with the kids. We are doing 7 night Breeze in 18 days and the same staff said the 7 night ones were much calmer. 

We just got off a 3 day cruise on Victory this morning and it wasn’t nearly as rowdy as the 7 day cruise we did on Breeze last month. This was my 30th cruise on Carnival and some of the rowdiest cruises I have experienced have been 7 and 8 day cruises.  I frequently read on this site that 3 day cruises are booze cruises, but that definitely has not been my experience.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We just got off a 3 day cruise on Victory this morning and it wasn’t nearly as rowdy as the 7 day cruise we did on Breeze last month. This was my 30th cruise on Carnival and some of the rowdiest cruises I have experienced have been 7 and 8 day cruises.  I frequently read on this site that 3 day cruises are booze cruises, but that definitely has not been my experience.

Gulp. Guess I'll know for sure myself in 2.5 weeks. 🙂

11 hours ago, mmb3124 said:

Thanks!

If it's on or around Halloween it will be loud and crazy.  We had a group partying in the hallway at 2am on on a Halloween cruise who couldn't understand why we called security.

I've cruised many 7, 8, 14 day and 3 & 4 day cruises.   Just about to go on another 4 day.  All of my 3 & 4 day cruises have been with Carnival.  I've never experienced a wild booze cruise atmosphere on any of them. 

I do remember one 3 day cruise that had several bachelor/bachelorette parties on board, but even they didn't party wildly.   they were just fun and wore matching outfits the whole time!  

Just my personal experience.  I actually find them very enjoyable!  Have a great time!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This has been my experience as well. I have did 3 nighters (both in Nov) from both Canaveral and Miami. Both had bars that were busy and nightclubs that were hopping but nothing I could even begin to describe as rowdy. The worse behavior I have experienced on a cruise was a 7 nighter from New Orleans. 

4 hours ago, linga said:

I do remember one 3 day cruise that had several bachelor/bachelorette parties on board, but even they didn't party wildly.   they were just fun and wore matching outfits the whole time!  

Just my personal experience.  I actually find them very enjoyable!  Have a great time!

I hung out with the partiers on my past cruises, both 4-days.  They were some of the friendliest, most fun people I could meet on a cruise ship.  They knew how to cut loose and have fun, but without bothering other passengers.  I'll go as far as saying that the people I met made my cruises as fun as they were.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01