Thermal suite on Getaway co-ed?

QuadraCatLady

All of them are co-ed. Sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pool and jacuzzi. My husband and I purchase the pass every cruise, it’s lovely after a shore excursion to relax and restore, and since I am not a sun worshiper, it is also a great way to get a lounger and pool time and not fight off the crowds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stefmaia said:

All of them are co-ed. Sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pool and jacuzzi. My husband and I purchase the pass every cruise, it’s lovely after a shore excursion to relax and restore, and since I am not a sun worshiper, it is also a great way to get a lounger and pool time and not fight off the crowds.

Awesome! So glad to hear. 🙂 That's exactly what I was looking for--a quiet place for us away from the crowds. 

4 hours ago, QuadraCatLady said:

Awesome! So glad to hear. 🙂 That's exactly what I was looking for--a quiet place for us away from the crowds. 

We also take the spa pass on every cruise, however i must warn you, is becoming more and more popular therefore not as quiet as it used to be. In fact at times it could be quite noisy. Some people don't understand that the spa is a place to be quiet and just relax, however it still is the best place to get away from the outside noise.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, QuadraCatLady said:

I've bought passes for the Thermal Suite for my husband and myself. Just wondering if any of the areas are co-ed so we can hang out together? 🙂

Except for the dressing rooms the whole suite on Getaway is coed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We also take the spa pass on every cruise, however i must warn you, is becoming more and more popular therefore not as quiet as it used to be. In fact at times it could be quite noisy. Some people don't understand that the spa is a place to be quiet and just relax, however it still is the best place to get away from the outside noise.

I agree, on Epic recently we were all having a nice peaceful snooze on the balcony when a group of young American girls, (who were all given free passes because their friend fell down the escalator drunk and broke her leg)   😵 came in, drinks in hand and talking (or screeching) at 50 decibels above necessary. One of them was even Vaping in there 🙈Didn’t take it well when I asked them to respect it was a quiet zone 🤨

• Like 4

Well worth it.  We were on the Getaway for the North Sea cruise and it was much warmer than the outside decks.    We would get there at opening time and have a few hours of quiet.  And even then, it didn't get too noisy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, debgreg said:

I agree, on Epic recently we were all having a nice peaceful snooze on the balcony when a group of young American girls, (who were all given free passes because their friend fell down the escalator drunk and broke her leg)   😵 came in, drinks in hand and talking (or screeching) at 50 decibels above necessary. One of them was even Vaping in there 🙈Didn’t take it well when I asked them to respect it was a quiet zone 🤨

I am so glad you confronted them. 

• Like 4

On 8/13/2019 at 11:28 PM, debgreg said:

Eeep! I'll cross my fingers and hope for respectful visitors. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 4:01 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

I hated being told to be quiet.  I wasn't talking that loud.  Anywho the spa is great for a hour or two a couple days but the cruise has so much action its hard to just be bump on a log all day.   Although that works for some people

22 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I hated being told to be quiet.  I wasn't talking that loud.  

People go to the spa to relax and have peace and quiet. Nobody wants to sit/lay and hear someone's non-stop talking especially if it's loud the whole time being forced to listen to their conversations. I'm guessing many others probably hated your "supposed" loud talking more than you hated being told to be quiet. Just sayin that was a good possibility ' ..........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

People go to the spa to relax and have peace and quiet. Nobody wants to sit/lay and hear someone's non-stop talking especially if it's loud the whole time being forced to listen to their conversations. I'm guessing many others probably hated your "supposed" loud talking more than you hated being told to be quiet. Just sayin that was a good possibility ' ..........

Some people go to relax.  Some people do want to lay and hear others talk, that's how you learn about people.  Just sayin.....😁

On 9/14/2019 at 8:18 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

I hated being told to be quiet.  I wasn't talking that loud.  Anywho the spa is great for a hour or two a couple days but the cruise has so much action its hard to just be bump on a log all day.   Although that works for some people

with all due respect if you were told to be quiet maybe you were too loud. People enjoy their cruise however they want, i myself enjoy the ports, excursions and on a sea day spending hours in the spa, reading, enjoying the facilities and the quiet ( when allowed by others) so i love to be one of those logs in the spa 🙂 If i wanted to talk to people i go to the pool area and meet and greet, eat in the main dining room with strangers etc. As you said the spa is meant for relaxation therefore part of that is " SILENCE"

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 8:46 AM, tallnthensome said:

Hear Hear.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:25 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

Some people go to relax.  Some people do want to lay and hear others talk, that's how you learn about people.  Just sayin.....😁

Spa Etiquette 101:  Speak in hushed voices.   Spas are a place of tranquility and relaxation.  No loud voices, no cell phones.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

There are more appropriate areas than the spa for chortling and socialization (or eavesdropping).

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 5:18 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

If I pay for a spa pass, I'm paying for a place to escape from noise and crowds, and I'd be really unhappy if I showed up and had to listen to people talking while I was trying to read or relax. Seems to me there are lots of other places on a ship to talk and hang out with friends and not be a bump on a log. 

• Like 2

Not thinking anyone wants to hear others’ conversations.....no matter how interesting you may think your conversation is.

That said, no one is saying you can’t talk in the Spa.  Just keep your conversation to a level that only you and your partner can hear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 8:52 AM, QuadraCatLady said:

If I pay for a spa pass, I'm paying for a place to escape from noise and crowds, and I'd be really unhappy if I showed up and had to listen to people talking while I was trying to read or relax. Seems to me there are lots of other places on a ship to talk and hang out with friends and not be a bump on a log. 

Exactly, this is how I feel about it.  Would love to try it but would be so disappointed with that scenario.