I would love to see a current wine list

papadave

We are traveling soon and I have had no luck finding a current wine list with prices.  I know that the corkage fee is $25, so it makes little sense to bring a $20 bottle if a similar wine sells for less than $50 in the restaurant on board.  If you have a photo of a recent wine list or a link, it would be appreciated.

Google did not help me all that much.   I saw a lot of old wine lists and, even though I was searching for Celebrity Cruise wine lists, got a number of Princess Cruise wine lists and other cruise lines' lists.  If you got a hit on a list that is clearly for Celebrity and clearly less than 5 years old, please post a link.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, papadave said:

We are traveling soon and I have had no luck finding a current wine list with prices.  I know that the corkage fee is $25, so it makes little sense to bring a $20 bottle if a similar wine sells for less than $50 in the restaurant on board.  If you have a photo of a recent wine list or a link, it would be appreciated.

Wines vary by the location on the ship.  The Ensemble Lounge will have some different wines than another area of the ship.  Many wines are not listed.  For example, there was only one rose listed on the list in Blu.  But we had a different rose for 4 consecutive nights.  .  It was fun to experience different wines.  

I am hoping to see a contemporary wine list, for comparison, to decide whether to carry on wine or just go with a choice from a wine list.  Unfortunately, the Google images of wine lists appear to be for lists from 15-20 years ago.   I'm sure that if someone posted a wine list from the main dining room, or from Blu, I would be able to figure things out properly.  When I say a wine list, I am referring to a list of wine sold by the bottle.  The Google image that lets me know that Celebrity sold a bottle of 2002 White Zinfandel for $20 gives me no useful information.  I can tell that the list is from 2003 or 2004, but all that tells me is that the list is too old to be useful for comparison.  I won't spend $100 for a bottle of wine that retails for $20, but I will spend close to $50 for a bottle that retails from $20.

As an aside, I checked the Celebrity website and looked at the wine that they highlight as examples for their wine packages.  The two wines noted in their $119 package retail for around $10 a bottle.  The two wines noted in the more expensive package retail for around $15 a bottle.  

This is interesting.

If it isn’t too much of a hassle and you don’t have a drink package, the $25 fee is very worth it. Looking quickly at the Cabernets in the list posted, the Decoy is a $15-20 bottle for $58 and the Freemark Abbey is around $35 for $97. 

You can get so many excellent Cabernets in the $40 range that is nothing like drinking a $15-20 bottle and paying $60 for it.

On the other hand compared to the overall cost of vacation....

One thing to note is that you may find a wine sale in the buffet. Yes, the buffet. On our last three cruises, Celebrity was selling bottles of wine in the buffet for very reasonable prices. On two cruises, there were bottles for $20 or two for $35. They had a nice, crisp Sauvignon Blanc that I particularly enjoyed. 

On the Med cruise, the bottles were $25-$30, including a very nice French Bordeaux that sold for $55 in the dining room. 

The intention is that you drink the wine in the buffet or in your cabin. However, in practice, you can pour yourself a glass in your cabin and take it where you want to go. Since Celebrity allows the stewards to replenish the wine glasses in the cabin, they are certainly aware that people do this. 

There is no guarantee that this will happen on your sailing, but it might be worth looking, starting a few days in, even if you don't normally go to the buffet.

Happy sailing!

Papadave, It would help if you would narrow the question down a bit. Do you want the wine list for Luminae, or blue, or Tuscan or Murano, or for the buffet, for the main dining room, for cellar masters?   They all have different lists.  The main dining room list is several pages long.  

Thanks for all the replies and advice.  Frankly, I don't need the specific wine list, just a general understanding of the variety and price range available on the ship, which the pictured list did quite well.  I was hoping to see what was available in the under $40 range, so I got a general sense.

For anyone who cares, I am packing a couple of mid-priced bottles (retail around $25-$35 each).  The white is a Muscadet, the red is from Tuscany.