Culinary Classes

carlsbadguy

we did the ViVa Espana (I think) that was the one  but they combined it with another  class as they  did not have that many participants

We made Cornbread  & Huevos Rancheros  & chicken tortilla

But the Chef could do something different  for your class

image.thumb.png.9b93ef6b7c2d679792898b8bf0985d99.png

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

we did the ViVa Espana (I think) that was the one  but they combined it with another  class as they  did not have that many participants

We made Cornbread  & Huevos Rancheros  & chicken tortilla

But the Chef could do something different  for your class

image.thumb.png.9b93ef6b7c2d679792898b8bf0985d99.png

Oh my, so that's Mexican and not Spanish.

We have done “Red Ginger” and “If it Swims” on Riviera.  the RG class had the watermelon/duck salad which was delicious.  Most of the prep work is done ahead so  the hands-on cooking it’s easy.  If it swims was scallops and fish.  Very good dishes.  These classes are lots of fun and no stress.  We were served wine to accompany our tasting.

One requirement is NO OPEN TOED SHOES, FLIP FLOPS OR SANDALS .  Safety requirements.  Several people were sent back to their cabins for shoes.  On both of these cruises the classes were booked with a wait list.  Reserve early!  Also, consider a late dinner since the food you prepare is for you to eat.  Our next cruise is on Insignia and I’ll miss the Culinary Center😢😢😢.

30 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

One requirement is NO OPEN TOED SHOES, FLIP FLOPS OR SANDALS .  Safety requirements.  Several people were sent back to their cabins for shoes.  😢😢😢

funny no one was checking shoes on either of the classes we took

several ladies were in open toed shoes

Also you are standing for the 90 mins  so if you have a problem  with that it may not be for you

I think they should have anti fatigue mats at the cooking stations

I tell you my back was killing me when we left 😲

15 hours ago, carlsbadguy said:

Taking an "O" Med Cruise and was thinking of the following Culinary Classes and was wondering if anyone has taken the following classes what food do you make:

Most Requested Red Ginger

Viva Espana

I have not taken those  but others.    What ever it will be is 1 simple basic preparation  that takes about 20 min  the rest of the time will be talking about food and showing technique.drinking wine and having fun..   many times your ingredients are pre-prepped .   

Take the classes  to meet and interact with others who like cooking and have a fun hour.   Don't expect deep learning or  instruction.   Things like how to peal garlic...  or  dice a tomato...  It aint Cordon Bleu    

You will be given recipes to take home   and you will get  to have a bite of what they taught.very small bites  it will not stuff you.

It is fun...if your into cooking an experienced or a beginner ...no matter..... everyone will have fun   ...  

BOOK well  months in advance   These fill up as fast as La Reserve reservations/ 

Edited by Hawaiidan

I've done several of these and thoroughly enjoyed them all. In  the fish class we were taught how to make a court bouillon for poaching, proper steaming technique, etc. The Tapas class was outstanding. Sharpened my knife skills a bit in another. Find one that interests you and go for it!