Copenhagen hotels near city center and cruise port

We had 2 standard rooms with a connecting door. Each room had only one bed ( no ability to separate) which seemed to be about the size of a double, so your boys would be sharing. I shared with my teenaged daughter and my husband shared with our teenaged son. It was definitely small but we were so tired it didn't bother us at all and we slept great. ( Also, tallest of us is 5'8'' if that helps) The bathroom was private. You couldn't really see in at all. For us, the location made up for any issues with the size.

• Like 1

Thank you MN'sMom. With 2 teenagers at 6' and 6'4", it is unlikely they would fit together (without resulting grouchiness) in a double bed. Although I must note that almost every one of the hotel pics I look at in Copenhagen has 2 separate duvets neatly folded on each bed. I remember being an exchange student in Germany during my high school years and my host family did the same thing. Much different than most US hotels & homes which tend to use just 1 big duvet per bed. Anyway, I think I will continue my search. Thank you!

I am SO confused on what to do!  We are probably going to fly in a day ahead of NCL cruise. I see there are 3 ports so not sure which port NCL uses. I need to arrange my own accommodations at hotel that is convenient to airport and port. The people we are traveling with do not travel LIGHT with luggage so bus or train not an option. I am looking for a hotel that is convenient to both. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

I’m no expert but i do know cabs in Copenhagen are quite pricey. Since you are only staying one night precruise and will likely arrive tired after traveling all night you might think about staying at an airport hotel (on site or free shuttle). Then you could leave all the luggage on arrival with minimal hassle and then hop the train into central station to do some sightseeing until your room is ready or you get tired. Then the next day you can take a cab to the port. Airport hotels tend to be less expensive than those in city center and you would only have 1 pricey cab ride instead of two. Obviously not as easy access to sightseeing but I’m not sure how much you’d be likely to do on your arrival day anyway and it would certainly be less hassle. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 7:10 PM, sanibelgirl said:

How do you take all your luggage on a bus?

Personally I prefer a cap for transfer to the cruise ship.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:10 PM, sanibelgirl said:

Do they have uber in Denmark?

No, Uber is not operating in Denmark. 

On 9/13/2019 at 11:17 PM, IDKaren said:

We are probably going to fly in a day ahead of NCL cruise. I see there are 3 ports so not sure which port NCL uses.

Strongly recommend to fly in at least one day before - the port will very likely be Oceankaj - as suggested by mhb1757 an airport hotel - Marriott AC Hotel Bella Sky  has a shuttle - both to airport and to cruise port - the hotel is located close to the metro.

6 hours ago, yliebert said:

I was considering the Tivoli for my pre-cruise night in Copenhagen.  Any thoughts? 

Nice hotel - not in the center of Copenhagen but in walking distance - 1 mile to Tivoli Garden and the Town Hall - 6 miles to Oceankaj cruise terminal.

4 hours ago, yliebert said:

They provide transfer from the airport to the hotel at no cost

It’s the same shuttle from the airport serving Crown Plaza Towers and AC Bella Sly.

it’s not a free service - DKK 30 one way - you pay the shuttle at check-in at the hotel - the price for cruise transfer is DKK 185.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Ibsen? Reviews on Trip Advisor give it a 4 circle rating. I've been checking into the various hotels posted on this thread with the Skt. Anne a strong contender. But the Best Buy pricing for the Ibsen is lower than most of the others AND includes breakfast + a 100 DK drink voucher. The reservation is cancellable, but before I book it would help to hear from Cruise Critic members who've been there.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm staying at the Ibsens late Aug., haven't stayed there but giving it a try.  I was booked at Bethel but changed to Ibsens because I wanted something with a restaurant in case I didn't feel like looking for one after a day of sightseeing.  

On 11/21/2019 at 2:16 AM, mnsweeps said:

We booked one night in June 2020 at 

Hotel Skt. Annæ

Sankt Annæ Plads 18-20

Its close to Nyhavn and a negotiated cab rate of 260 DKK to cruise port. Anyone stayed here before?

Yes! We stayed here in 2017. In one direction is 1 block from Nyhavn restaurants and in the other a (long) 1 block from Amalienborg Palace.  Our room overlooked that inner courtyard/breakfast area but we were never bothered by the sound.  Our room included breakfast which has lots of local breads and cheese along with other breakfast foods.  It is an easy stroll to the canal boat trips and is on a bus line (I think the number 6).  We had a Copenhagen Card which we used for all public transportation/tourist activities.

37 minutes ago, Traveling Library said:

Yes! We stayed here in 2017. In one direction is 1 block from Nyhavn restaurants and in the other a (long) 1 block from Amalienborg Palace.  Our room overlooked that inner courtyard/breakfast area but we were never bothered by the sound.  Our room included breakfast which has lots of local breads and cheese along with other breakfast foods.  It is an easy stroll to the canal boat trips and is on a bus line (I think the number 6).  We had a Copenhagen Card which we used for all public transportation/tourist activities.

Thanks. We have visited Copenhagen before and have already done all the touristy stuff. We are just staying at this hotel for 1 night as location is great.

• Like 1

I've changed my hotel (again) because of location to some things I want to do.  Skt. Anne seems to be better than Ibsens for the walking tours I want plus the canal boat trips.  I don't mind taxis to a hotel or pier but prefer walking or public transport for my couple of days in the city.