RCL Tours in Boston

nelblu

We have a tour reserved in Boston titled "Discover Cape Cod" and was wondering how far/close the tour busses park near the pier/terminal.  My wife recently had hip fracture surgery and can walk a bit with a cane, and wondering if she can make the distance.  I should know as I did this tour a few years ago, but can't recall some specifics.  Hate to cancel it as we were looking forward to this tour.

I would contact RCL special needs to get wheelchair assistance to board, disembark, and to get off the ship for your excursion.  Ask the question on the disabled cruisers forum as well.  You might want to consider taking a walker with a seat in case your wife can’t stand for a bit.  Another option that I used with my mother was a collapsible transport chair.  

I’m guessing you might be on Anthem.  Where is your cabin on the ship?  I would be seriously concerned about the amount of walking that might be required on the ship as well.

I agree.  A HOHO bus in Boston even just staying onboard the whole time would be fascinating. 

That ride to the Cape is going to be close to 2 hours (or more) each way, and you can't really get close to many beaches in a bus.  It's pretty down there, but there isn't a whole lot of history (good stuff in Hyannis, but not much more).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nitemare said:

I agree.  A HOHO bus in Boston even just staying onboard the whole time would be fascinating. 

That ride to the Cape is going to be close to 2 hours (or more) each way, and you can't really get close to many beaches in a bus.  It's pretty down there, but there isn't a whole lot of history (good stuff in Hyannis, but not much more).

I live near Boston and I agree that a Hop On Hop Off trolley would be as  interesting as a bus ride to the Cape.  Although you will be able to see the quintessential New England towns.  

I agree with the HOHO in Boston...no need to hop off as it's a great tour with wonderful commentary.

Do take a walker to get from the terminal to the HOHO location...not far but better to have the additional mobility comfort aid as needed. You certainly don't have to pre-purchase the HOHO at all just wait until you get to the ticket kiosk...Once on the cruise play it by ear as you arrive into Boston.