NCL BLISS HAVEN EXPERIENCE

Ozzieru1e

4 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

No problem for Haven guests not staying in the Haven complex. Your stateroom card gives access to the Haven and access to everything within it including the restaurant.

On our last NCL cruise we were in an Aft facing suite.  The only issue I had was the distance I had to walk to get to the Haven restaurant.  Our next NCL cruise we are staying in a forward facing penthouse on deck10.  The walk to the Haven will be much shorter.

7 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

No problem for Haven guests not staying in the Haven complex. Your stateroom card gives access to the Haven and access to everything within it including the restaurant.

I heard someone staying on deck 11 had a problem on NCL Bliss Alaska Cruise.  I was reviewing Cruising on Wheels NCL Bliss Alaska Cruise review on YouTube. They mentioned someone not staying in the Haven complex were told they could not dine in the Haven restaurant.  It didn’t sound right but I wanted to check with others experiences.  Thank you for your response.

5 minutes ago, rfkeith10 said:

On our last NCL cruise we were in an Aft facing suite.  The only issue I had was the distance I had to walk to get to the Haven restaurant.  Our next NCL cruise we are staying in a forward facing penthouse on deck10.  The walk to the Haven will be much shorter.

I reserved a Haven Forward Facing Suite on deck 10 on NCL Bliss 4/2020.  First Haven experience was on the Escape in a Penthouse Courtyard Suite which was very nice but the room was smaller than expected.  One of the trade off between the Forward facing Suite & the Courtyard Suite is the balcony.  The balcony in the Forward facing is approximately 32 sq ft while the Courtyard is around 54+ sq ft.  I like the shorter walk to the Haven complex also...just hope we don’t have problems with the elevators😎

12 minutes ago, Ozzieru1e said:

First Haven experience was on the Escape in a Penthouse Courtyard Suite which was very nice but the room was smaller than expected.  One of the trade off between the Forward facing Suite & the Courtyard Suite is the balcony.  The balcony in the Forward facing is approximately 32 sq ft while the Courtyard is around 54+ sq ft.  

On Bliss, the H5 balconies on deck 17 are larger/deeper than on deck 18. Compared to Escape (either deck), Bliss' deck 18 is the same.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The review that you mentioned was "discussed" here on CC. There were unusual circumstances during that cruise which caused confusion for some. It wasn't the normal experience.

I was surprised at that review because my experience with the same person was just the opposite.  Everyone was gracious and accommodating.  I enjoyed the Haven experience so much I can’t wait for my next cruise in the Haven😎

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

On Bliss, the H5 balconies on deck 17 are larger/deeper than on deck 18. Compared to Escape (either deck), Bliss' deck 18 is the same.

I found a video of a H5 Suite on deck 17 on the Bliss with a larger balcony but I didn’t know all H5s were larger on the Bliss.  I was debating on reserving a.Courtyard suite for the larger balcony & to be closer to the Haven restaurant.  I want a larger living space with separate bedroom/living room even though it’s only for 7 days. lol 😆 

2 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I heard someone staying on deck 11 had a problem on NCL Bliss Alaska Cruise.  I was reviewing Cruising on Wheels NCL Bliss Alaska Cruise review on YouTube. They mentioned someone not staying in the Haven complex were told they could not dine in the Haven restaurant.  It didn’t sound right but I wanted to check with others experiences.  Thank you for your response.

That was clearly a case where a Haven guest was trying to bring a non-Haven guest into the Haven Restaurant.   Any one in a Haven room is subject to the same privileges regardless as to where their Haven room in situated on the deck.  If you really are looking for space, consider the Haven Aft cabins with double baths and larger rooms and bigger balconies.    The walk is good for you anyway regardless as to your health---you know it can only improve it.    Even when we stayed in a forward facing Haven, we still got in over 13,000 steps a day on seas day because we had to go to things at the other end of the ship and prefer stairs to taking packed elevators and know the health benefits.    Enjoy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I found a video of a H5 Suite on deck 17 on the Bliss with a larger balcony but I didn’t know all H5s were larger on the Bliss.

The deck 17 balconies are deeper than 18 and there are a couple that are a little bit wider. 

43 minutes ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I want a larger living space with separate bedroom/living room even though it’s only for 7 days. lol

I agree. I'd take the H7 (avoiding deck 13 on Bliss) over the H5 if I was traveling with just the wife. On Bliss, there is no H3 option like there is on Escape. The H3 has the separate living room, good balcony size (17 is deeper than 18), and is located within the Haven. On the flip side, Bliss has the great Observation Lounges that Escape does not have.

I take the aft-facing suites over the H7 since the walk doesn't bother me plus I get the great balcony, separate living room, and the great view.

6 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I would not believe a word they say.  That couple demanded Haven access even though they were not Haven guests.  In return, they started a misinformation and slander campaign against NCL service employees.  They tried every trick to get the concierge fired for doing his job including the allegation that you posted here.

5 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I would not believe a word they say.  That couple demanded Haven access even though they were not Haven guests.  In return, they started a misinformation and slander campaign against NCL service employees.  They tried every trick to get the concierge fired for doing his job including the allegation that you posted here.

That’s a shame...I wouldn’t want to to be responsible for anyone losing their job on a cruise ship.  The workers work hard and I am amazed at how hard they try to please us.

When I stayed in the Escape Haven 7/2019, the Concierge was very professional and went out of his way to accommodate Haven guests.  If I run across a worker less friendly/helpful I give them a pass because they made be having a bad moment...after all they are human.  I don’t sweat the small stuff...you’re on a cruise 🚢...enjoy yourself😎.

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The deck 17 balconies are deeper than 18 and there are a couple that are a little bit wider. 

I agree. I'd take the H7 (avoiding deck 13 on Bliss) over the H5 if I was traveling with just the wife. On Bliss, there is no H3 option like there is on Escape. The H3 has the separate living room, good balcony size (17 is deeper than 18), and is located within the Haven. On the flip side, Bliss has the great Observation Lounges that Escape does not have.

I take the aft-facing suites over the H7 since the walk doesn't bother me plus I get the great balcony, separate living room, and the great view.

Although I can use the exercise I like the idea of being closer to the Haven complex.  I usually don’t spend much time on the balcony but I like having one so I’ll settle for a small balcony.  I’m thinking about trying the Aft—facing Suite on my next cruise so I can do a comparison.  

This past week I was lucky to get the last Forward-facing Suite which was on deck10 so now their all sold out.  Evidently others favored Forward-facing suites too.  Generally I like being on higher decks but I had to take what was left.  

The review you were talking about is for someone in an inside cabin who demanded Haven access because he writes some sort of vlog.  I’ve stayed on Epic in haven spa suite and absolutely no problem with Haven access.  If you are in a Haven anything your keycard lets you into the Haven.  

I did Bliss last summer for Alaska in courtyard penthouse (I never remember the H number!) on deck 17 and loved it.  We’ve many times debated a non-Haven area cabin but have stuck with Haven after that first spa suite because we really enjoy the peacefulness of the Haven.  Bliss Haven is lovely, we especially liked the lounge you pass through with a bar and outstanding bartenders—it’s a dangerous combo with the beverage package as we’d stop at the bar on our way to and from our cabin!

2 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

OK, can you tell me why to avoid H7 on Deck 13 on Bliss?  Thanks.

That deck is directly under the bridge. The H7 balcony is partially enclosed. One of the rooms (13106) is wheelchair accessible and is one large room and large bathroom (no separate livingroom/bedroom).

59 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

That deck is directly under the bridge. The H7 balcony is partially enclosed. One of the rooms (13106) is wheelchair accessible and is one large room and large bathroom (no separate livingroom/bedroom).

That's good to know.  We pulled out of that category for the upgrade then.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, david_sobe said:

This exactly the case.  Should be banned from sailing NCL if not already.

46 minutes ago, dexddd said:

This exactly the case.  Should be banned from sailing NCL if not already.

Unfortunately not (yet).  They gave up on Carnival when Carnival would not cave to their constant demands for compensation.  So NCL was next and I suppose the same thing will happen.  The crazy part is that NCL caved and actually gave them a dinner in the Haven and they STILL bashed NCL for having a concierge enforce their rules.  You get something for free and you still complain and demand terminations.  It would be funny if it was not true.

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Unfortunately not (yet).  They gave up on Carnival when Carnival would not cave to their constant demands for compensation.  So NCL was next and I suppose the same thing will happen.  The crazy part is that NCL caved and actually gave them a dinner in the Haven and they STILL bashed NCL for having a concierge enforce their rules.  You get something for free and you still complain and demand terminations.  It would be funny if it was not true.

I wondered what all was in it for them to produce all types of cruise review videos.  How can they enjoy a cruise while taking so many videos and notes!!!  I guess they think they can intimidate the cruise line with lost of customers by posting negative reviews.  I’m sure the corporate office have dealt with these types of scammers before.  

I believe they probably did exaggerated what actually took place if it is true.  If they want to enjoy the Haven experience then just pay the price...but there always will be those who want to pay for a beer 🍺 and receive champagne 🥂 instead.

13 minutes ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I wondered what all was in it for them to produce all types of cruise review videos.  How can they enjoy a cruise while taking so many videos and notes!!!  I guess they think they can intimidate the cruise line with lost of customers by posting negative reviews.  I’m sure the corporate office have dealt with these types of scammers before.  

I believe they probably did exaggerated what actually took place if it is true.  If they want to enjoy the Haven experience then just pay the price...but there always will be those who want to pay for a beer 🍺 and receive champagne 🥂 instead.

They suffer from the "don't you know who I think I am" syndrome 

17 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I reserved a Haven Forward Facing Suite on deck 10 on NCL Bliss 4/2020.  First Haven experience was on the Escape in a Penthouse Courtyard Suite which was very nice but the room was smaller than expected.  One of the trade off between the Forward facing Suite & the Courtyard Suite is the balcony.  The balcony in the Forward facing is approximately 32 sq ft while the Courtyard is around 54+ sq ft.  I like the shorter walk to the Haven complex also...just hope we don’t have problems with the elevators😎

I have also booked a Haven Forward Facing Suite on The Bliss on deck 10.  I'm in 10106 for a 10/27/2019 cruise.  The only thing I'm not happy with is the size of the balcony.