Oasis Refurb

3 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Thank you.

Maybe I am easily impressed because I am not into technology, but WOW!

And what is the eyeball looking icon to the right of the key? It says I need to allow camera access?

I have a feeling the answer to this will impress me as well

13 hours ago, Leviheichou said:

Might try logging out and back in, I know our stateroom changed but the app didn't reflect it until I logged out. Otherwise unsure but we know RCCL is brilliant with their tech.

Logging out and back in worked.

Edited by rlgtan

21 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

I am sailing on Oasis Dec 8th.Whatever that x-ray thing is, the icon appears on my app so maybe this feature is being added to Oasis?

On Symphony if you open the app on Deck 12 by the forward elevator lobby you can see into the bridge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

15 days to do a TA?  I wonder if they are doing a short sailing for staff when they arrive since they obviously don’t need 15 days

They are doing lots of training during the crossing. 

Cruise Director’s team already onboard.

Bobby Brown is CD.

Kat (don’t know surname) is the AM.

Edited by Slainte!

41 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

15 days to do a TA?  I wonder if they are doing a short sailing for staff when they arrive since they obviously don’t need 15 days

Oasis is apparently headed for Ft Lauderdale. Scheduled to arrive there on the 19th of November. So, 10 days from now, which I believe is what a normal TA crossing length would be.

1 minute ago, above sea level cruiser said:

Oasis is apparently headed for Ft Lauderdale. Scheduled to arrive there on the 19th of November. So, 10 days from now, which I believe is what a normal TA crossing length would be.

Her first sailing is the 24th.  I haven’t heard of any media sailings of freebies for Pinnacles. 

5 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

I wonder why its going first to Ft. Lauderdale.. its scheduled to leave Miami on the 24th.. 

3 minutes ago, agslc5 said:

I wonder why its going first to Ft. Lauderdale.. its scheduled to leave Miami on the 24th.. 

Maybe that's where there is quay space to offload supplies/containers that were used to finish off work during the crossing?  It's also possible that's where there's a berth she can occupy for an extended period while the punch-list is finished out...

3 minutes ago, hallux said:

Maybe that's where there is quay space to offload supplies/containers that were used to finish off work during the crossing?  It's also possible that's where there's a berth she can occupy for an extended period while the punch-list is finished out...

That makes sense.. There wouldn't be room for her in Terminal A since Navigator and Symphony have to leave from there on the 22 and 23rd.. 

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I doubt that she will spend 4 days docked with the fees that the ports charge.  Most likely just a spot to drop off and pick up supplies then she will coast around offshore completing any outstanding work then maybe a one or 2 night shakedown cruise with staff from Miami. 

This is what someone has said on a different thread: "I'm leaving Mariner on the 18th, staying in a hotel for 1 night in Miami, and then joining the ship in Fort Lauderdale on the 19th."

1 minute ago, above sea level cruiser said:

This is what someone has said on a different thread: "I'm leaving Mariner on the 18th, staying in a hotel for 1 night in Miami, and then joining the ship in Fort Lauderdale on the 19th."

Which thread?