Coke or Pepsi?

rsail203

I don’t know if they serve Pepsi since I hate Pepsi.  Definitely have Coke and Diet Coke.  If you are a Pepsi fan maybe you could request it before cruise if it is not on board. 

Edited by rcandkc
Spelling

I'm so glad I'm not a cola connoisseur - I can drink either one (although I usually get Coke just because) and really never paid attention to the differences.  Coke, Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb, whatever - all pretty much the same to me.

Now if I could find a nice ice-cold RC cola, well...

They serve Coke product. Unfortunately they often source them to non US/EU countries. One my last cruise they had product from Algeria and it tasted very off to me.

If you have a specific request have your agent request it. It there is enough time and general availability Regent will get it.  On my very first Mariner cruise, 2001 circle South America, I was big into drinking Fresca soda. Not only did they have it at the start, the ship resupplied it several times to the ship by flying in several cases for me.

J

Since we had less than 1 liter of water left in our cabin for our first afternoon and night, I was very thirsty first thing in the morning before any breakfast venue was available at 6:30 AM in the coffee connection. I check our fridge and only found Coke products. I prefer that to Pepsi, but don't normally drink it at 6 AM.  With no water except the bathroom faucet, and an Espresso maker that didn't work, I drank an ice cold Diet Coke at 6 AM, and totally enjoyed it.

The next day, we received 2 bottles of less than a liter of water, brought back 2 plastic bottles of water from our excursion,  and had our Espresso maker replaced with one that worked and was filled with water, so all was good on our second morning. No Pepsi products available that I saw.

2 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Not sure if any of you remember the Coke/Pepsi "challenge".  I was a die hard Pepsi drinker until I took the challenge (three times) and picked Coke every time.

I thought they tasted the same until I took the "challenge" twice at our local shopping mall many years ago, and both times, I picked the Coke. I've always chosen Coke since then.

Much of the time Regent ships will stock Coca Cola products that are purchased in places other than the US and, for that reason, they will serve Coke Lite and not Diet Coke.  Diet Coke is sweetened with Aspartame, while Coke Lite is sweetened with a combination of Sodium Cyclamate, Acesulfame K and Astertame.  There is a slight difference in taste and some people claim a difference in the carbonation.

Never let it be said that you don't learn important facts on CC.

Edited by shuguley

5 hours ago, Eno-Bob said:

They also have Coke Zero on-board and, while it's not something they usually stock in the room refrigerators, they will do so if you request it.

If you ask for Diet Coke, you could get Coke Zero unless you make a special request or they picked some up in Miami.  Requests for anything that Regent does not carry should be made 90 days in advance (depending upon where the ship is located).  If the ship is in Miami, they likely can get what you request much sooner but if it is in Asia, the Baltics, etc., it takes a while to get it onboard.

6 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Yes, I prefer Diet Coke to Coke Lite but I welcome having either because there is no way they are going to stock my preferred drink...TAB😀

Oh my gosh ..... another TAB drinker.  I have been drinking TAB for almost 50 years.  Have one for breakfast every morning with my oatmeal.  Nothing like it!!!!

9 minutes ago, shuguley said:

Oh my gosh ..... another TAB drinker.  I have been drinking TAB for almost 50 years.  Have one for breakfast every morning with my oatmeal.  Nothing like it!!!!

Same here..started in college in early 70s.  Gave it up twice for having our sons...otherwise loyal customer. 

After Diet Coke ate through my stomach in Australia, I had to give it up.  That is how I learned that Coke will eat through most things.  I am now happy with iced tea and have no problem whatsoever with alcohol!  Must admit that I have 1-2 Cokes per year and still love them!

5 hours ago, rcandkc said:

TAB is my morning “coffee”.  I don’t drink coffee or tea.  I have reduced the number, but give up, no way. 😜

Nothing like that first swallow burn in the morning.  Gets your day off to a good start 😊!