Hotel to cruise port shuttle in Miami

ve3ell

4 minutes ago, ve3ell said:

Hello does anyone know of a motel/hotel that offers free shuttle to Miami cruise port ?

The cost is so cheap to get transportation from any Miami hotel to the Cruise terminal that I focus more on the hotel I wanted to stay in and it's price. 

Only some of the hotels out near the MIA airport location offer "free" port shuttles. Embassy Suites MIA and La Quinta East are two options to consider.  IMHO hotels near the airport are only good options for those flying in late who just want a room - you will see nothing of Miami.

If you choose to stay downtown  an Uber X from MIA airport will run just under $20, and. another $8-10 will get you to the port in the morning.

Unless you are flying in late a night don't worry about the cruise shuttle. I've never understood this obsessions, and we have post on this almost daily. 

Port Miami is in the dead center of Miami. A cruise shuttle you are looking at saving maybe $15.00. Pick a hotel in a nice area you will enjoy, especially if you have time to spare in Miami. 

Hampton Inn  Brickell  have a shuttle to the port for  $8 pp   & taxi is about the same less than $20 for up to 4

UBER ??

We usually take a taxi to the hotel  & then to the port

Embassy Suites  has  a fee based shuttle to the port  ..free airport shuttle to hotel

We just booked the Holiday Inn Express for early February near the Miami airport which happens to offer a port shuttle.   If it turns out to be inconvenient, we will just take a taxi.   Flying into FLL on SWA and will take a shuttle to the hotel.  

As it happens, the Super Bowl is the Sunday before and rooms are in short supply.   Glad we were able to book so far in advance.

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Hampton Inn  Brickell  have a shuttle to the port for  $8 pp   & taxi is about the same less than $20 for up to 4

UBER ??

We usually take a taxi to the hotel  & then to the port

Embassy Suites  has  a fee based shuttle to the port  ..free airport shuttle to hotel

$8 pp is a rip off. An Uberx from Hampton Inn to Port Miami will be no more than $10.00 total. Uberxl will be around $15-$20 total. 

1 hour ago, Flymia said:

$8 pp is a rip off. An Uberx from Hampton Inn to Port Miami will be no more than $10.00 total. Uberxl will be around $15-$20 total. 

We do not use UBER   so the shuttle worked for us

or we take a taxi

YMMV

If you stay downtown, there is also a free trolley bus from Biscayne Blvd. to 2 stops along the cruise terminals. It runs 7 days a week. My hotel offers a shuttle at 11am which might not get over there until 11:30...so I may opt to walk to the bus and get there a bit earlier myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...