Booking excursions

I think it's more about the feeling of making progress toward the time we'll be on the cruise than a real concern that if I wait a few hours that we'll miss out.

However, I do wish that Regent would be more consistent and advertise the advance booking window for the Culinary Kitchen offerings (on Explorer & Splendor) since I usually don't think of checking until I'm reminded by the impending excursion booking window.  I then find that the Culinary Kitchen offerings have been posted for some unknown period prior.  We have missed out on CK offerings because of the stealth deployment on the web site.

Edited by Portolan

3 hours ago, Portolan said:

I think it's more about the feeling of making progress toward the time we'll be on the cruise than a real concern that if I wait a few hours that we'll miss out.

However, I do wish that Regent would be more consistent and advertise the advance booking window for the Culinary Kitchen offerings (on Explorer & Splendor) since I usually don't think of checking until I'm reminded by the impending excursion booking window.  I then find that the Culinary Kitchen offerings have been posted for some unknown period prior.  We have missed out on CK offerings because of the stealth deployment on the web site.

Agree, we're on the Splendor coming up and I checked a little while back to find that the Culinary Kitchen was booking classes before they even offered excursion bookings.  Got what we wanted, but had I not looked until was time to book excursion we may have missed out.

16 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Well so today is August 28 and we can reserve our excursions for our April 27 

cruise and they are still not sowing up.....argh!! 

Hopefully, tomorrow. Well, a girl can hope, right :)!

Fingers crossed!  I know that Regent is having computer problems right now.  Not sure how general, or whether that aspect is affected.

49 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Well so today is August 28 and we can reserve our excursions for our April 27 

cruise and they are still not sowing up.....argh!! 

Hopefully, tomorrow. Well, a girl can hope, right :)!

Hi snorkle lover,

Is that because of your suite category?  I can’t book until Sat.

Mad

So sorry for this last post, not sure what I was thinking when

I wrote it. 

I will try this again.

Today is Wednesday, August 28 and we ( like you Mad) can book

our excursions on Saturday, August 31.As of this afternoon, I was

not able to see what was being offered in My Account

page. I was hoping with only a couple of days out, they

would be available to peruse. Oh well, so we just need

to keep checking ( a bit disappointing ).

2 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

So sorry for this last post, not sure what I was thinking when

I wrote it. 

I will try this again.

Today is Wednesday, August 28 and we ( like you Mad) can book

our excursions on Saturday, August 31.As of this afternoon, I was

not able to see what was being offered in My Account

page. I was hoping with only a couple of days out, they

would be available to peruse. Oh well, so we just need

to keep checking ( a bit disappointing ).

I can see them on the Regent web page for this cruise.  But I was told they would not appear for real until Friday, the 30.  I’ve picked what I want, and can only assume they will still have the same options on Saturday.  But you are right—it’s maddening!

Yep, hope springs eternal!  What is on the webpages if read closely will revel that those are past excursions and none are yet committed for this cruise. They are intended to provide guidance of what may be offered. Let the selection games begin.... well shortly we hope. 

Mad

sometimes things don't go as planned. We are on a cruise leaving March 1. Were "able" to book excursions July 5. Nothing showed up in advance. If you requested email list from the site you got 2 ports. My TA was able to get the complete list. When I went to book on the 5th nothing was showing. It took until late that afternoon for the excursions to appear, one port was still missing and one had everything on wait list. The wait list finally cleared a month later (I don't think any of them were really booked at that time). The port with nothing finally showed up with just the "executive collection" vans and cars a few days later. I was able to book the excursion I wanted through my TA and Regent. Today I looked and the other excursions finally are there, almost 2 months later. computer problems? Seems like a complete mess, and the cruise is sold out.

Get them to send a PDF file as soon as finalised , this will tell you not only the  excursions but the start times and if they are running more than once. We have never missed out by doing this a couple of days after they open. We always book by phoning Regent in Southampton to talk to a human rather than online, you get a better service like this, if one time is less busy they will advise ,also if you wish to do more than one in a port.

19 hours ago, MadMarine said:

Yep, hope springs eternal!  What is on the webpages if read closely will revel that those are past excursions and none are yet committed for this cruise. They are intended to provide guidance of what may be offered. Let the selection games begin.... well shortly we hope. 

Mad

Just called.  Lots of excuses, no help.  She said they would not appear until the day and time booking opens.  So...Saturday!  How frustrating!

1 minute ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Get them to send a PDF file as soon as finalised , this will tell you not only the  excursions but the start times and if they are running more than once. We have never missed out by doing this a couple of days after they open. We always book by phoning Regent in Southampton to talk to a human rather than online, you get a better service like this, if one time is less busy they will advise ,also if you wish to do more than one in a port.

The agents do not have the pdf.  I called my own agent and just now another, randomly.  There is just nothing out there yet.  

6 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

No, Regent direct, not your local agent.

Yes, I know that.  I have a particular agent I use at Regent.  She didn’t have it, so just on an off chance I called The direct Regent line, got a random agent, and she didn’t have it either.  No matter how hard we are wishing for these excursions to appear, it seems there will be nothing until the 31st.  And then, maybe not complete, especially for Motril and the Alhambra, which is why some of us have signed up for a small private tour.

Ok, Mad and SantaFe 1 let’s try to help each other out. Please post on CC if you are able to see the excursions tomorrow. We all consider our time valuable so I really do not

want to sit in front of my computer all day checking to see if Regent has made the big 

reveal. Of course I will do the same. 

Thanks 

Snorkle

1 minute ago, snorkle lover said:

Ok, Mad and SantaFe 1 let’s try to help each other out. Please post on CC if you are able to see the excursions tomorrow. We all consider our time valuable so I really do not

want to sit in front of my computer all day checking to see if Regent has made the big 

reveal. Of course I will do the same. 

Thanks 

Snorkle

Will do.  I plan to check twice, then our window to book opens at 10pm tomorrow night.  Let’s post anything we find on the Roll Card Board.

Yikes only hours to go and still nothing is coming up on the excursions for our April cruise.

I spoke to Regent this morning and Matt seemed to know rather quickly which cruise I was 

referring to ( when told him we can not see the excursions) and he said that he  would be

sending out a PDF file very shortly. Well, that was at 9AM EDT and now it is 2:30 PM EDT and

still nothing.....oh this is SO annoying!!

An unhappy Snorkle Lover!

2 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Yikes only hours to go and still nothing is coming up on the excursions for our April cruise.

I spoke to Regent this morning and Matt seemed to know rather quickly which cruise I was 

referring to ( when told him we can not see the excursions) and he said that he  would be

sending out a PDF file very shortly. Well, that was at 9AM EDT and now it is 2:30 PM EDT and

still nothing.....oh this is SO annoying!!

An unhappy Snorkle Lover!

Snorkel, if you get the pdf, could you post it on the roll call page?  Is that even possible?  If not (and that’s assuming you get something) let me know and I’ll post my email.  Meanwhile, I have used the tours listed on the website as a guide, and picked 2-3 options for each place.  We will all get something.  And I can honestly say that some of the excursions I have panicked over getting have turned out not to be so great... and vice versa.  

Hi SantaFe,

I am right now doing the same as you. I am working my way through the tours that are listed and picking two in 

each port. Do you think the problem might have something to do with the hurricane since I believe their IT

department is in Miami?  Maybe they sent everybody home!!!