Meet & Mingle sign-ups deleted AGAIN

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Go check for your cruise, but it looks like ALL of the signups for M&M's have been deleted.  You will have to register again.  😡

This is starting to get really old. 😡

We went through multiple instances of this on our Symphony cruise this past spring. I had to re-register several times. A lot of people missed the M & M because they thought they were registered, but never got an invite, so didn’t know when or where the M & M would be held. 

5 hours ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

I think RCI is trying to delete anything they have to do with them. Private meet ups through roll calls or other means will soon be the answer , in my opinion. Cheers, Buzz.

Agreed.

Cannot even get to the registration page now - either get Internal Server error or it just redirects me to a booking page.

Guess the M&M Fairy is joining her sister the Upgrade Fairy on the trash heap...!

What’s the obsession with Meet and Mingle?

It used to be the only way to meet those you had been chatting with for months, sometimes years before the cruise; to hook up with those who you had arranged tours with.... unfortunately other sites have taken over. Personally I do not like those as they are too personal. They can see my pic and people seem to be more abrupt/curt over there.

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Agreed.

As a host of this forum, why would you agree with something that they don't control?  It's mind boggling.  The site is owned by Trip Advisor, so there seems to be an issue with them, not RCI.

I have no problem seeing any of the Meet & Mingles under the ships name.

Edited by Plum Happy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

As a host of this forum, why would you agree with something that they don't control?  It's mind boggling.  The site is owned by Trip Advisor, so there seems to be an issue with them, not RCI.

Meet & Mingle signup is handled by RC.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

I have no problem seeing any of the Meet & Mingles under the ships name.

RCI  hosts the meeting and supplies the prizes (such as they are) for the drawings.  I agree that RC is losing enthusiasm  for the M&M.

• Like 4

I think many of us agree with Bob that RCI seems to be losing interest in hosting the M and M, I don't know why you think as a host that he should not say this.

I just checked our next cruise and sure enough all the sign ups have been deleted. You have to put in the individual cruise details to see it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

Yep! Ours is gone today as well... sent an email & it bounced back😳😳😳

Someone in our roll call discovered this yesterday for our cruise.  I tried to send an email too.   Also, went to register again, after someone else had signed up, and the website said that NO ONE had signed up yet.  So, not only did they delete all the signups, but when you sign up, it confirms but doesn't 'keep' your registration.  At least, that's what it looks like for our next cruise in a few weeks.  

Of course, we still can't get to the link for confirmed roll calls.  That goes to an error page.

Looks like the Meet & Mingle is dead, RCI is just not confirming it.  Hate to see this.  For us, it wasn't about the prizes so much as meeting the people we've chatted with for months.  Some don't feel comfortable going to a meet-up scheduled by a stranger, but will go to the official event RCI has planned.

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

Someone in our roll call discovered this yesterday for our cruise.  I tried to send an email too.   Also, went to register again, after someone else had signed up, and the website said that NO ONE had signed up yet.  So, not only did they delete all the signups, but when you sign up, it confirms but doesn't 'keep' your registration.  At least, that's what it looks like for our next cruise in a few weeks.  

Of course, we still can't get to the link for confirmed roll calls.  That goes to an error page.

Looks like the Meet & Mingle is dead, RCI is just not confirming it.  Hate to see this.  For us, it wasn't about the prizes so much as meeting the people we've chatted with for months.  Some don't feel comfortable going to a meet-up scheduled by a stranger, but will go to the official event RCI has planned.

Did you scroll down to see the box with View More?

7 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

If you are talking about the Search for Meet & Mingle on the Royal Caribbean site, I did. ☺️ Shortly after someone signed up, it stated that no one had.  I'm not talking about the roll calls here, but the actual event that RCI plans.

I figured I would try it again today to see if it needed a while to update that the one couple had signed up.  We had over 150 people signed up before.   At this point, many will not bother to sign up again.   

Edited by barbeyg

5 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but when  I go to the registration page and at lower section of the page search for my next cruise it shows only 2 have registered.  That would be myself and my wife as I just re-registered this morning.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

If you are talking about the Search for Meet & Mingle on the Royal Caribbean site, I did. ☺️ Shortly after someone signed up, it stated that no one had.  I'm not talking about the roll calls here, but the actual event that RCI plans.

I figured I would try it again today to see if it needed a while to update that the one couple had signed up.  We had over 150 people signed up before.   At this point, many will not bother to sign up again.   

Once you select the Ship and Date and click it open, you need to scroll down a bit to see the box View More.

Just now, Plum Happy said:

No, I am talking about on the CC board, I was not familiar with that site.

That site is what all of us have been talking about.  ☺️

On Cruise Critic, it's the Roll Calls.  On RCI's website, there is an event called the Meet & Mingle that you can register for.  In the past, they have provided a private event onboard.  That is what is messed up, the RCI event registration at the RCI website. ☺️

• Like 1