Differences between Fantasy and Ecstasy?

lacy1101

This past January/February, we cruised on the Fantasy out of Mobile, AL (4-day to Cozumel).  We are booking another cruise for January/February next year and my daughter has suggested the Ecstasy out of Jacksonville, FL (5-day to Nassau/Princess Cay).  Are we going to feel like we're right back on the Fantasy?  From the pictures I'm seeing it looks so similar . . .

Don't know if you're driving or flying, but why don't you upgrade to a six day cruise on a newer/larger class of ship since you were contemplating a five day cruise on another Fantasy Class ship.  There are a few differences between the ships you were considering, but they are very similar. 

I've been on both.  Many times on Fantasy and a couple of times on Ecstasy once she replaced Fantasy in Charleston (and twice on Fascination and once on Elation, so I'm very familiar with that class ship). 

Not sure why, but I prefer Fantasy.  When I first sailed her years ago, I thought she was hideous.  I'm not a fan of Farcus' "bad-acid-trip" decor!  Now, I think she's rather pretty! 

I also have always felt that the best food I've had in my 30+ Carnival cruises has been on Fantasy.  Yes, food is subjective.  I always felt that Fantasy just had a good vibe to her.

But, yes, those 8 ships are all sisters.  Mostly alike but they all have their differences.