Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

Love the storm pics. I'm kinda surprised a crew member did not clear the people playing on the court. Hard to tell how many miles from the ship the lightning was but better to be safe. Thanks Andrew for keeping us updated.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 10:05 AM, A&L_Ont said:

The 20 minute drive here is a lot better than the 2 1/2 hour drive to Detroit.

How much of a layover did you give yourselves in Toronto? I’ve heard so many nightmare stories of London cancellations/delays so I’m just curious. We always do the drive to DTW or YYZ depending on pricing and availability of direct flights. Our November trip is a drive to YYZ. 

4 minutes ago, RG306 said:

How much of a layover did you give yourselves in Toronto? I’ve heard so many nightmare stories of London cancellations/delays so I’m just curious. We always do the drive to DTW or YYZ depending on pricing and availability of direct flights. Our November trip is a drive to YYZ. 

Almost 2 hours layover. With Nexus customs will be a breeze. The flights to London from Toronto issues for us have always been weather delays due to storms. Sometimes maintenance too. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Almost 2 hours layover. With Nexus customs will be a breeze. The flights to London from Toronto issues for us have always been weather delays due to storms. Sometimes maintenance too. 

Nexus was the best $50 I have ever spent lol

9 minutes ago, RG306 said:

Nexus was the best $50 I have ever spent lol

Yes. Had ours for 3 years. Well worth it. Especially driving over the boarder. A 40 minute wait turns into a 40 second stop. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

Lol that's awesome. I really did get all my work done!

Me too, but it just seems that my editing PC has to do much more "Rendering" every time Andrew has a Live review going on...

56 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Agreed, a much better sensory than feel. 

The trick to a good lighting shot is point your camera in the direction of the lightning, open the shutter, and then close it after the strike.

If several are coming in secession, just leave it open for a while.

Patience and adult beverages help

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes. Had ours for 3 years. Well worth it. Especially driving over the boarder. A 40 minute wait turns into a 40 second stop. 

For sure, the hubby just did his renewal and I’m due next September. Saved us two hours at Port Huron about 2 weeks ago. Our last flight out of Toronto, I got selected for secondary screening and I realized just how spoiled I have gotten with Nexus and TSA precheck. 

Love your reviews btw! Following along and looking forward to being onboard Symphony in a few short months.

A few shots from port.  Neither drug store would let me put the paper straw against a pill box. We will never find out that answer. 

A13E8AE5-7F48-427E-A485-E0C67369E721.thumb.jpeg.dd8b66b80ff8fd62bc1ec12bc651f996.jpeg

This view is OK.  Lisa actually knows someone on the Disney ship which has been rerouted. They spent a few days at Disney first. 

5E28468E-C16A-49B7-8BCC-57769E5E1E55.thumb.jpeg.e1f3ae0301559d4bfaff2af27449044d.jpeg

This view, way better. 

F8C929C2-5271-417A-9C2A-11F754B50125.thumb.jpeg.eca93c9b424565ee65ac97be4c6596e3.jpeg

I’ve seen the lawn on Mighty Ships, but now with my own eyes. It looked like it needed a lot of maintenance because of salt air damage.  Forget deck chairs moving, it’s the lawn mower first thing in the morning that will wake you.

EECF697B-170E-4964-A687-54782061B922.thumb.jpeg.d86295eec7e73affe82713c20b83cc73.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As for Dorian, now a Hurricane; the internet is rampant with suggestions. I can only speculate but I’m thinking we won’t be returning on Sunday unless there is some miracle. 

We could fly home from Cancun, but who wants a taxi ride there from Costa Maya. 

34FA8677-3338-4F7E-A345-3EBD9A357ECA.thumb.jpeg.0fa3e7c91ac48ce30397f67908f7dad5.jpeg

To fly home from Roatan takes 26 hours so that’s not gonna happen.

Thankfully our calendar next week doesn’t have anything that pressing. Sure school for Owen, but nothing happens the first week. Hockey tryouts are now known to be the week after. 

This post from some else’s past experience is starting to make me think bigger picture.  I hope that isn’t the case but it sure doesn’t look like there is any way around it. For us, and folks wanting to board this Sunday. 

As I said numerous times, only time will tell. 

7269CA87-F752-488F-9D3C-D688C746684A.thumb.jpeg.980d12446195cceac356a480028736d4.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1