Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I read that now you can’t just pick them up, you have to ask for a bag. 

Probably because of the people who would carry off as many as they could, maybe for school lunches. 

That's how it was on Brilliance and Vision.  They had to keep the bags behind the counter because of hoarding.

3 hours ago, NSnewcruiser said:

We are going to get wind and a lot of rain from Erin here in Nova Scotia today.YAY!.lol

Stay safe in Florida!

It's been raining non stop since 11 pm last night here in "Downeast" Harrington Maine.  😮   

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's been raining non stop since 11 pm last night here in "Downeast" Harrington Maine.  😮   

Yuck! Glad it's coming now though as we are heading down to Maine and New Hampshire over the long weekend.

Edited by NSnewcruiser
mistake

3 minutes ago, NSnewcruiser said:

Yuck! Glad it's coming now though as we are heading down to Maine and New Hampphire over the long weekend.

Good timing, supposed to be beautiful here by tomorrow and through the weekend.  Feel bad for my neighbors back at home in Florida, and all the plans for them and visitors alike that have been dashed by the unwelcome visit from Dorian over the holiday.  😞 

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Probably because of the people who would carry off as many as they could, maybe for school lunches. 

Hurricane supplies😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good timing, supposed to be beautiful here by tomorrow and through the weekend.  Feel bad for my neighbors back at home in Florida, and all the plans for them and visitors alike that have been dashed by the unwelcome visit from Dorian over the holiday.  😞 

You should have great weather soon. The rain and clouds moved out of RI around 9AM. It is really nice here now. It is coming your way.

57 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have seen passengers carrying at least 10.  I'll give them the benefit of doubt and assume they were bringing  the chips  back for their family of 10.  

M

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You should have great weather soon. The rain and clouds moved out of RI around 9AM. It is really nice here now. It is coming your way.

Thanks...still dumping rain up here in "downeast" Maine.  We are almost as far east and up the north coast as you can get here.  About 35 miles from the Canadian border.  Hoping to get an end to this rain soon.  Glub...glub...

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not sure, got it from an old neighbor 

They are in Vero Beach

My sister lives on North Hutchinson island along the beach, she is a doctor in Vero Beach...she is seeing some pretty funny stuff too...and starting to "hunker down" as well.  

Edited by island lady

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Florida Grits aren’t for this Canadian boy. Tried them with cheese and butter. Cleaned off that layer and tried them with honey. Should have tried maple syrup. 

Worth a shot, but no bueno. 

You need LOTS of butter, salt & pepper.  Grits are NOT for honey and syrup.  LOL 
Or a good dish of grits with shrimp gravy. 

Edited by legaljen1969
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

You need LOTS of butter, salt & pepper.  Grits are NOT for honey and syrup.  LOL 
Or a good dish of grits with shrimp gravy. 

The ships don't have a clue on how to cook good grits.  Nasty stuff.  This southern girl knows how to cook them.  I don't skimp by using the instant stuff either.  Put love into your grits...you get love in return.  😉 

Shrimp and grits they way the restaurants do them in Charleston SC...oh yeah!!  Wonderful!  🙂  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

All I can think of is American Pie.  Specifically, apple pie. 

Oooohh....you would love the smell I just created then.  Picked a big bowl of apples from right behind us this morning (in the rain 😞 )....but boy does that fresh apple crisp I just took out of the oven smell good.  Bring on the ice cream!  

🥧😋

Be safe, and enjoy.  It looks like you may have an extended unplanned vacation coming to you!  🙂 Loving your review...and your sense of humor!  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1