Tonic Water

ropomo

Simple question for in cabin beverages.  Is tonic water available for stocking in the in cabin fridge for in room enjoyment of Gin & Tonics (or possibly from bars)?  If so, is there any possibility of diet tonic? I assume there would be no issue with getting a glass with a few lime wedges at any bar to take back to cabin.  Deciding whether to bring bourbon or gin for in cabin libations for an upcoming cruise.

Definitely tonic. We drink Gin and tonics every evening. If you have a penthouse or above you can ask your butler to bring fresh limes daily. Might even have a spare shaker :). Can’t say for sure about diet tonic... definite maybe? Also...why not bring both gin and boubon! One pre dinner cocktail one for after!

• Like 1

We tend to go for seltzer more than tonic but I'm pretty sure I've seen tonic in our mini-fridges.  I don't recall seeing diet drinks of any persuasion there ... which is NOT to say you cannot request them.

I would agree that you are better off bringing on the gin and bourbon yourselves rather than buying on board.  UNLESS you are in a top suite that gets the 6 bottle set-up per cruise.  In that case you can have them brought to your cabin.  (You can get 6 bottles of wine or 6 bottles of booze OR a mixture to your choice.)  I don't recall what gin and bourbon were available on that list at the moment ... I always took the Grey Goose Vodka.

9 minutes ago, mmssnb said:

Definitely tonic. We drink Gin and tonics every evening. If you have a penthouse or above you can ask your butler to bring fresh limes daily. Might even have a spare shaker :). Can’t say for sure about diet tonic... definite maybe? Also...why not bring both gin and boubon! One pre dinner cocktail one for after!

3 minutes ago, Mura said:

I would agree that you are better off bringing on the gin and bourbon yourselves rather than buying on board.  UNLESS you are in a top suite that gets the 6 bottle set-up per cruise.  In that case you can have them brought to your cabin.  (You can get 6 bottles of wine or 6 bottles of booze OR a mixture to your choice.)  I don't recall what gin and bourbon were available on that list at the moment ... I always took the Grey Goose Vodka.

Actually, my underlying question was whether to bring both or just bourbon.  With regard to the "diet" tonic its not so much the diet aspect, but I just think it tastes better.  Thanks for the feedback.

How did you answer my post before I submitted it?????????????

I do think you'll have better choices of gin on board as opposed to bourbon.  (I'm talking about the top suite 6 bottles, not what is available at the bars.)

I believe top boubon was along the lines of knob creek. Gin included Bombay and tanquary and a few others, none that I am a fan of, so we bring our own. I’ll see if I can find the liquor bar set up menu for top suites posting, I’m sure Stan posted it at some point...

but again, if you have a favorite , I would bring it...

24 minutes ago, Mura said:

How did you answer my post before I submitted it?????????????

I am psychic and have mystical powers.  Actually, your post showed up as a response at the bottom of the screen as I was typing my response to mmssnb and I thought your response was applicable to my response as well so I quoted it..

Edited by ropomo

1 minute ago, clo said:

Have you ever had Fever Tree tonic?!?!?  I think it's fantastic and, having had it, I don't want anything else.

Assuming it is not available on Oceania, I'm not sure how this is relevant, but thank you for the opinion.

3 minutes ago, ropomo said:

Assuming it is not available on Oceania, I'm not sure how this is relevant, but thank you for the opinion.

As others have commented, you can carry it on.  Along with gin and bourbon and wine and ????

12 minutes ago, ropomo said:

I have heard others mention Fevertree  tonic on O

As for diet Tonic  you could have your TA request it  for you  ahead of time

I never noticed it as we do not drink diet anything

21 minutes ago, ropomo said:

Fever Tree was not available last November on Marina.  (I asked).  Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic is out of this world.  I'm so grateful that it's not available within 200 miles of where I live.... because I'd have a real monkey on my back if it were.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Fever Tree was not available last November on Marina.  (I asked).  Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic is out of this world.  I'm so grateful that it's not available within 200 miles of where I live.... because I'd have a real monkey on my back if it were.

I rarely have a G&T or any other tonic drink but I'll have to hit Total Wine and see if they have it 🙂  You're funny.

52 minutes ago, ropomo said:

I am psychic and have mystical powers.  Actually, your post showed up as a response at the bottom of the screen as I was typing my response to mmssnb and I thought your response was applicable to my response as well so I quoted it..

I wasn't objecting, just puzzled!  I was ABOUT to hit the submit button when I saw that you had posted something, so I looked at your comment first and was astonished to see my comment already there!  Big Brother is watching, I guess!

• Haha 1

My husband and I both drink Gin with Diet Tonic, we have always had a supply on board but I don't know if it is the popularity of Gin at the moment but this years B2B cruise it became a real struggle to access diet tonic on Riviera. We had to start asking for the bottle on the table as bartenders were adding full fat tonic to our glass at the bar before being delivered despite asking for diet. When we did start asking for the bottle we frequently had a long wait while they hunted the ship for a supply, sometimes it arrived as a tin. Naughty of them adding full fat tonic as this would have medical implications for diabetics.

6 hours ago, tine-tine said:

My husband and I both drink Gin with Diet Tonic, we have always had a supply on board but I don't know if it is the popularity of Gin at the moment but this years B2B cruise it became a real struggle to access diet tonic on Riviera. We had to start asking for the bottle on the table as bartenders were adding full fat tonic to our glass at the bar before being delivered despite asking for diet. When we did start asking for the bottle we frequently had a long wait while they hunted the ship for a supply, sometimes it arrived as a tin. Naughty of them adding full fat tonic as this would have medical implications for diabetics.

There is  NO fat in tonic water  ..however there is sugar

Roughly the same amount of calories in tonic water as in cola.

That said, a person might consume less of it per drink of course.

What I don't understand is why brands of tonic water aren't locked-in on cruise ships the way soda brands are. There's an exceedingly long (and perhaps useful to some) thread on the Az board about which tonic water has been on which ship at which point--updated regularly. (With apologies to Orwell, Fever Tree Good and Other Stuff Bad.) I would have thought the beverage conglomerates would have locked up independent tonic-makers of choice, and effectively included it in the soda contract.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

There is  NO fat in tonic water  ..however there is sugar

LHT28 humour in saying was lost in translation, common saying in Scotland when referring to drinks that have sugar and diet versions, regular version frequently asked for with with a smile along with the quip ‘full fat please’. 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

5 minutes ago, tine-tine said:

LHT28 humour in saying was lost in translation, common saying in Scotland when referring to drinks that have sugar and diet versions, regular version frequently asked for with with a smile along with the quip ‘full fat please’. 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

That is why they have emojis here  😉

Not everyone is joking when they say stuff like that 😁