Norwegian Dawn Crew and Passengers - THANK YOU!

MaryLS

My cousin and I just got off of the Norwegian Dawn this morning. Due to effects of chemo, my cousin has mobility issues and had to use a scooter. I can't say enough about the crew and passengers who were so very kind to us during the trip. For those of you who held a door, made room on an elevator, stepped aside as she learned to navigate with the scooter, charging the scooter each evening, offering wheelchair assistance at the port, etc. We are most grateful.

I really wanted her to be able to go into the water at Great Stirrup Cay but she was so scared since she is unstable on her feet. As I walked her to the water, passengers whom we never met, came to her assistance. Upon getting out of the water, again, the passengers jumped right in to help. A special thanks to the young man who held her arm and around her waist to assist, you are to be commended. Thanks also to the women (one was an Occupational Therapist) who offered assistance to her getting out of the sand wheelchair. 

She had a great "first cruise experience" thanks to all of you!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MaryLS said:

My cousin and I just got off of the Norwegian Dawn this morning. Due to effects of chemo, my cousin has mobility issues and had to use a scooter. I can't say enough about the crew and passengers who were so very kind to us during the trip. For those of you who held a door, made room on an elevator, stepped aside as she learned to navigate with the scooter, charging the scooter each evening, offering wheelchair assistance at the port, etc. We are most grateful.

I really wanted her to be able to go into the water at Great Stirrup Cay but she was so scared since she is unstable on her feet. As I walked her to the water, passengers whom we never met, came to her assistance. Upon getting out of the water, again, the passengers jumped right in to help. A special thanks to the young man who held her arm and around her waist to assist, you are to be commended. Thanks also to the women (one was an Occupational Therapist) who offered assistance to her getting out of the sand wheelchair. 

I agree with you 110% They crew is so fantastic, one crew member was going down the esculator as we were coming on the ship the first day: he actually waved at us and said welcome back. It had been about a year since we had sailed her. Hubby uses a walker and I have never seen so many crew members helping those with disabilities. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2019 at 7:44 PM, MaryLS said:

Mary, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes.  It's the end of August, we're still hoping to cruise on Dawn out of Roma at Christmas.  Your post made me so happy, I'm so tired of being depressed about the stupid virus halting travel.  THANK YOU!  I hope your cousin is much stronger now; you must be a wonderful person to take that cruise with her after her chemo.

• Like 2