What type of wrist band will fit the ocean medallion?

I Love NC

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

It costs $12 on board to buy the wrist band made for princess to suit the medallion. Personally, I wouldn't bother looking for alternatives.

That's both funny and appalling ... $12,  really?

When the program debuted nearly 2 yrs ago, a wristband was standard issue.  First or second OM sailing, the bands either fell apart or wouldn't hold the OM.  So, the bands were recalled and replaced with cheap lanyard thingies.

So, the band has been re-engineered ..  and no longer is standard issue?  

Everything is for sale, isn't it?

I even recall the video in which John Padgett demonstrated that the magnets in both the band and OM snapped together so well that the sea witch logo always would be oriented perfectly

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 2

I bought a small clip from Amazon to use with my medallion, and the only problem I incurred was when I was returning to the ship. Local security could not see my name on the medallion to match it with my ID, so there was a delay as we popped it out. I eventually gave up using the clip, and just kept the medallion in my pocket.

IMG_4463.JPG.e83e67845fc66ef882e1004f8cebace9.JPG

54 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I bought a small clip from Amazon to use with my medallion, and the only problem I incurred was when I was returning to the ship. Local security could not see my name on the medallion to match it with my ID, so there was a delay as we popped it out. I eventually gave up using the clip, and just kept the medallion in my pocket.

we got the same ones, and yes , had to take it out a couple of times, and yes ended up in pocket... but still in clip

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Strange. You would think that the photo in their system would be sufficient.

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Strange. You would think that the photo in their system would be sufficient.

You misunderstood me.....our problems were with the local port security who check your medallions and ID, before approaching the gangway, not the ship's security who scan you on and off the ship. In some ports they insisted on seeing my name on the medallion, other's were looking for the sailing date, and some just didn't seem to care either way. To avoid any problems, I just took my medallion out of the clip.

14 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

You misunderstood me.....our problems were with the local port security who check your medallions and ID, before approaching the gangway, not the ship's security who scan you on and off the ship. In some ports they insisted on seeing my name on the medallion, other's were looking for the sailing date, and some just didn't seem to care either way. To avoid any problems, I just took my medallion out of the clip.

I see.