Embassy Suite

Moon Orchid

We're cruising in December and Embassy Suites is completely sold out for our date.  I am also considering Hotwire but my go to sites for bidding strategies and recent wins seem to be gone.  Do they show available rooms for your date?

6 hours ago, Sprocket said:

We're cruising in December and Embassy Suites is completely sold out for our date.  I am also considering Hotwire but my go to sites for bidding strategies and recent wins seem to be gone.  Do they show available rooms for your date?

Yes, we are going to stay there November 8, and it is $236 after tax.A little high but my husband likes Embassy 😀

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

That hotel is always popular with cruisers and is usually full, even in the dead season of July and August. You may find other 17th street area hotels on Hotwire and other sites.

Thank you.I just booked with Embassy.My husband like this hotel.The last time we stayed there was 5 years ago, the hotel looks dark,tired and customer service wasn't very good.We've been staying at Riverside hotel the last couple times and I think it is nicer than Embassy.

• Like 1

I'll agree..we used to be very happy with Embassy Suites but no longer...tired and old looking.

Our new favorite is Hyatt Place (Convention Center location) just off 17th Street and behind ES. 

We'll be staying again this October and got a great rate using Hyatt member booking rather than our usual booking through ValueTrips.

• Like 3

When we were in Ft. Lauderdale two weeks ago, we noticed they had painted the exterior of the Embassy Suites. So maybe renovations are happening. The exterior had been yellow, but was now grey. I don’t know if it was primer or the final color.

Our last stay was more than two years ago. The first room they gave us, the toilet was unbolted from the floor. We switched rooms and then our bathtub would not drain. We decided enough was enough and have been staying elsewhere since.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I'll agree..we used to be very happy with Embassy Suites but no longer...tired and old looking.

Our new favorite is Hyatt Place (Convention Center location) just off 17th Street and behind ES. 

We'll be staying again this October and got a great rate using Hyatt member booking rather than our usual booking through ValueTrips.

I keep hearing great things about Hyatt Place! Maybe next time we should book with this hotel 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

When we were in Ft. Lauderdale two weeks ago, we noticed they had painted the exterior of the Embassy Suites. So maybe renovations are happening. The exterior had been yellow, but was now grey. I don’t know if it was primer or the final color.

Our last stay was more than two years ago. The first room they gave us, the toilet was unbolted from the floor. We switched rooms and then our bathtub would not drain. We decided enough was enough and have been staying elsewhere since.

I used to love Embassy until our last stay when they gave us a room with a terrible, moldy smell. When I asked to switch to another room, they complied, but gave me attitude! We're going to give it another try and hopefully everything goes smooth this time around or we won't ever go back again 😃

2 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Take a walk down the street to Hyatt Place while your at E.S. You will be amazed at how much nicer it is. Clean and no attitude. 

Absolutely agree.....and some of the nicest hotel staff we ever seem to encounter are at this particular hotel.

17 hours ago, JohninDC said:

That hotel is always popular with cruisers and is usually full, even in the dead season of July and August. You may find other 17th street area hotels on Hotwire and other sites.

Unlike years past, we no longer have a dead season.  South Americans are keeping hotels completely booked July and August.  

I deal with a lot of the hotel concierges.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Take a walk down the street to Hyatt Place while your at E.S. You will be amazed at how much nicer it is. Clean and no attitude. 

I will, I saw Hyatt Place when we went to Publix to get some water to bring back to Embassy on our last stayed. Didn't think much about it then 😊

We got the ES on a Hotwire win a few years ago.

We have stayed at a number of ES properties while on business and on vacation.  Our first impression was that the rooms were not up to the standard of their other properties.  Dark and in need of a reburb.  And that was three years ago.   The lobby had been renovated but the elevators certainly were not.

The first thing we hear people say about that property is the free breakfast or the manager's reception. OK, I guess, if you select your hotel based on a free breakfast or a glass of plonk and some taco chips.  We'll be on the ship in a few hours so we really do not care to stand in line for breakfast. 

Edited by iancal

10 hours ago, iancal said:

We got the ES on a Hotwire win a few years ago.

We have stayed at a number of ES properties while on business and on vacation.  Our first impression was that the rooms were not up to the standard of their other properties.  Dark and in need of a reburb.  And that was three years ago.   The lobby had been renovated but the elevators certainly were not.

The first thing we hear people say about that property is the free breakfast or the manager's reception. OK, I guess, if you select your hotel based on a free breakfast or a glass of plonk and some taco chips.  We'll be on the ship in a few hours so we really do not care to stand in line for breakfast. 

I know what you mean, and the breakfast is not really FREE 😆.We don't drink so the manager's reception is doesn't matter to us. My husband just likes this hotel for some reason, maybe because he likes Duffy's Sport Grill and it is closer to his favorite Thai's restaurant.Our cruise is not until November so we might cancel it and stay some place else .

Edited by Moon Orchid

7 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

I know what you mean, and the breakfast is not really FREE 😆.We don't drink so the manager's reception is doesn't matter to us. My husband just likes this hotel for some reason, maybe because he likes Duffy's Sport Grill and it is closer to his favorite Thai's restaurant.Our cruise is not until November so we might cancel it and stay some place else .

The walk to Duffy's from Hyatt Place is also quick and easy...we always go there too.

Enjoy whatever hotel works best for you both.

• Haha 1

The ES in Fort Lauderdale is very dated, rooms are in dire need of updating.  I would not ever book that hotel again no matter what was free.  We are staying on the A1A strip for $220 a night with the ocean right across the street.   Please do your homework before booking any hotel.  Best of luck to you for a great trip. 

13 hours ago, Esmerelda said:

The ES in Fort Lauderdale is very dated, rooms are in dire need of updating.  I would not ever book that hotel again no matter what was free.  We are staying on the A1A strip for $220 a night with the ocean right across the street.   Please do your homework before booking any hotel.  Best of luck to you for a great trip. 

Thank you for your advice. My family lets me plan all of our vacations because they know that I research everything before I book.😀

Edited by Moon Orchid
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 10:28 AM, Moon Orchid said:

The Embassy Suites needs an intervention from Hotel Impossible.  We were there in Aug for a cruise and we had major issues.

I had two other precruise stays booked in Sept and November and cancelled them and am staying at Lago Mar Beach Resort.

Edited by Judyrem

On 9/6/2019 at 8:59 PM, familyoutdoors said:

I had to laugh at that. My family is too lazy to plan anything. They just expect me to do it. 😵

I love to make plan for our cruises because it's fun and my daughter she is good at plan for the land vacation.😄

2 hours ago, Judyrem said:

The Embassy Suites needs an intervention from Hotel Impossible.  We were there in Aug for a cruise and we had major issues.

I had two other precruise stays booked in Sept and November and cancelled them and am staying at Lago Mar Beach Resort.

I heard lots of good thing about Lago Mar Resort, just wish that the price is a bit lower. But I guess because it's a great hotel.

Edited by Moon Orchid