Room Service Charge

excitedcruiser

2 minutes ago, excitedcruiser said:

I did a search and have not found an answer yet. I was told that Carnival is now charging for delivery of room service.  Any truth to this?

Thanks

Specific times have a charge as well as some items. Not 100% sure of what the items are. 

It's not really a delivery charge- it's a per item charge.  I think some cruise lines have pay a certain amount and order whatever you like- it's not set up that way.  

During the day, it is hot things that have a charge- I think this includes wings, tenders, pizza, cheesesteak, etc.  After 10, everything has a charge.  Breakfast is limited, but it is free. 

I knew that there were some items on the menu that had a charge but now I was told that there a 7.95 charge to deliver your food to your room. We used it last year and ordered things like salads and sandwiches with no charge at all. 

Edited by excitedcruiser

Just now, excitedcruiser said:

I knew that there were some items on the menu that had a charge but now I was told that there a 7.95 charge to deliver your food to your room. We used it last year and ordered things like salads and sandwiches with no charge at all. 

No.  There is no delivery charge for room service items, in general.  There is a delivery charge for Fun Shops items of 18%, so if you were to order a bottle of liquor for your room, you would pay that.

22 minutes ago, excitedcruiser said:

I did a search and have not found an answer yet. I was told that Carnival is now charging for delivery of room service.  Any truth to this?

Thanks

All 3 room service menus; Continental Breakfast Menu, Daytime menu, and the Expanded Late Night menu, along with food prices, can be found @:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/~/24-hour-room-service

🍔 🍟 🌭 🍕

• Like 1

6 hours ago, excitedcruiser said:

I believe that is NCL that charges a $7.95 delivery fee.  In any case, it's not Carnival.

Here are pictures of the room service menu from the Sunrise in June.  As mentioned, there is no charge for continental breakfast items, which you still order by filling out the form and hanging it on the outside of your order.  And it is customary to tip the crew member who delivers your order.

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

Edited by Garth2