Big suites_-third person possible?

MNgardens

I have traveled as a group of three in the Club Continent suite. However all of those have tubs. It would give me more peace of mind if my mother has a shower stall.

I was looking at the deck plans for the three ships on the Azamara website. It looks to me like the Pursuit is the only ship that has third person capability in the big corner suites. Can anyone give me their experiences with those suites on the Quest and the Journey?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, MNgardens said:

I have traveled as a group of three in the Club Continent suite. However all of those have tubs. It would give me more peace of mind if my mother has a shower stall.

I was looking at the deck plans for the three ships on the Azamara website. It looks to me like the Pursuit is the only ship that has third person capability in the big corner suites. Can anyone give me their experiences with those suites on the Quest and the Journey?

Thanks in advance.

Half the CC suites have tubs, and half have showers.  Starboard N1 and port N2 CC suites have walk-in showers.

1 hour ago, MNgardens said:

Thanks in advance.

To be honest, they aren't ideal. Only the starboard cabin beds in the bedroom split if you want that. They have to bring (or store) a put you up for a third person. I was on a cruise with a mum, daughter and son and they actually put a full size single bed in the living room area, taking up space behind the sofa. 

They've learned a lesson on Pursuit. Frankly the furniture on Journey and Quest is odd and not that comfortable. They should replace the whole lot and put in a sofa chair/bed for flexibility. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MNgardens said:

Thanks in advance.

HI MNgardens,

By 'big corner suites' do you mean our Club World Owners Suites and our Club Ocean Suites? 

If so, then you are correct, only on the Pursuit do these suites have the sofa beds. 

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

To be honest, they aren't ideal. Only the starboard cabin beds in the bedroom split if you want that. They have to bring (or store) a put you up for a third person. I was on a cruise with a mum, daughter and son and they actually put a full size single bed in the living room area, taking up space behind the sofa. 

They've learned a lesson on Pursuit. Frankly the furniture on Journey and Quest is odd and not that comfortable. They should replace the whole lot and put in a sofa chair/bed for flexibility. 

Phil 

It seems since the remodel of 2016  nothing real  comfortable  to sit on  in the CC, Spa suite  and learning about  this.  Still questionign who went shopping in Mia.  At least the the new den furniture looks better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MNgardens said:

Thanks for the replies. My mom, sister and I travel well together and I now have more information. I appreciate the group's input.

I'm sure if you choose one of the large corner suites you'll be fine. I think the train of thought (rightly in my view) from the friends I met was having paid that much for the suite, the third person shouldn't have to sleep on a fold up bed. The full size single bed came from an unoccupied cabin and whilst it affected the space in the Living Room, it was a compromise worth making. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Just FYI; I cruised in one of the big aft suites three years ago, and it was incredible.  I thought about taking my granddaughter on a British Isles cruise, so asked if the bed could be separated into two.  The answer was no.

5 hours ago, Pam said:

Just FYI; I cruised in one of the big aft suites three years ago, and it was incredible.  I thought about taking my granddaughter on a British Isles cruise, so asked if the bed could be separated into two.  The answer was no.

You were probably in a port side cabin?  They don’t split.  As I mentioned above, the starboard side cabins do. 

Phil

37 minutes ago, MNgardens said:

Another idea I am kicking around is getting two balcony staterooms with a connecting door.

That's not a bad plan if you are ok with less space and a smaller balcony (they can't be opened up). I'd look at deck 7.  The four nearer the front. They are a good location. 

Phil 

8 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You were probably in a port side cabin?  They don’t split.  As I mentioned above, the starboard side cabins do. 

Phil

You are right, I was in a port cabin.  But I'm not sure I specified which side when I asked in email.  It was a moot question, because those British Isles cruises seem to fill up with golfers.