Resorts/One day pass

tigger54

So my husband and I cruise quite a bit but this is our first time on Princess. We are doing a Southern Caribbean cruise in October on the Crown. Our ports are:St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Curaçao. I have looked at the excursions on the Princess sight but we are looking for one or two resorts/Hotels type excursion that might have an all inclusive one day pass type of deal. Has anyone that have been to any of these islands had any experience with one day passes at a resort/hotel on any of these islands? Maybe you can give me some info: what is included, prices, how close to the port eat.. Any help would really be appreciated. 

Also: we are in an interior cabin. If I ask for a bathrobe will they give me one? Is there breakfast and lunch in the MDR daily? Is there a deck that I can walk all the way around on?

Thank you for any info. You can share with me.

In your cruise personalizer you can request bathrobes.  Sometimes, they are not in the closet when you arrive at your cabin.  If that is the case, when your room steward introduces himself on embarkation day, tell him that you had requested bathrobes but haven't found them.  He'll probably have them delivered to your cabin before you return from dinner that evening.

I'm pretty sure that one of the dining rooms--generally, the one that is mid-ship on Deck 6--is open for breakfast daily.  However, I am also pretty sure that lunch is offered on sea days only--not on port days.  On the last page of the Princess Patter (daily "newspaper" delivered to your cabin by your steward) you will find the hours of operation for each of the dining rooms.

On the Crown Princess the promenade on Deck 7 goes all the way around the ship.  There are stairs at the forward end that have to be negotiated.  In case of high winds or rough seas, the gate at those stairs will be locked, preventing you from walking up to the bow.  However, that still leaves a lot of promenade deck to walk.  The gate at the forward stairs is also locked at night.

I don't know nothin' about no resort day passes.

😉

Have a great cruise.

We are doing the Crown in November and have decided to rent a golf cart at the pier in Bonaire, do a self-directed tour and then head to Delfins Resort where we have reservations - nothing included outside of nice sea-side atmosphere. St Thomas - take  a cab to Emerald - rent beach chairs and umbrella. Dominica, we are doing  a rafting trip and partial island tour. Curacao - heading to the beach and going to the aquarium - not worth resort reservations due to limited time in port. Grenada, been there a few times, might simply wander the markets and then enjoy quietude on the ship.

We usually do resort passes through resorts for a day, but nothing shows up for the 10 nights of our cruise.

Darcy

We did the Santa Barbara Resort on Curacao.  It was nice and included transportation to and from the resort.  The beach isn't the best IMO but by Curacao standards, it was really nice.  It's just not a sandy-beach kind of island.  They packed us all up pretty early too.  I think most people could've used another hour there.  The food was delicious BTW.  Try:  Resort For A Day   That's who we booked ours through.

Edited to add:  Definitely rent a golf cart on Bonaire.   It was a lot of fun!  We stopped for pics whenever we wanted, stopped at Soribon Beach and the Donkey Sanctuary.  Lots of fun!
Deck 7 goes all the way around on the Crown but you have to go up & down stairs in the stern area OR do what I do, cut through the doors by the theatre and just add an extra lap to make a mile.  
We loved the Crown and the itinerary we did (8 days) was really one of our favorites.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

1 hour ago, tigger54 said:

So my husband and I cruise quite a bit but this is our first time on Princess. We are doing a Southern Caribbean cruise in October on the Crown. Our ports are:St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Curaçao. I have looked at the excursions on the Princess sight but we are looking for one or two resorts/Hotels type excursion that might have an all inclusive one day pass type of deal. Has anyone that have been to any of these islands had any experience with one day passes at a resort/hotel on any of these islands? Maybe you can give me some info: what is included, prices, how close to the port eat.. Any help would really be appreciated. 

Also: we are in an interior cabin. If I ask for a bathrobe will they give me one? Is there breakfast and lunch in the MDR daily? Is there a deck that I can walk all the way around on?

Thank you for any info. You can share with me.

Bonaire is basically an island for snorkel and scuba. Kline Bonaire is a short water taxi ride. No hotels, just beach. Sorobon Beach is a small beach area for windsurfing and it have a restaurant. I would suggest you look into a golf cart rental at bonairecruisers.com. The southern route takes you around many scuba and windsurfing sites and you can make a stop at Sorobon Beach.

Curacao does not have many beach areas

Bathrobe, yes, ask for it in the cruise personlizer. If one is not in the cabin ask your cabin steward.

Breakfast daily. Lunch on sea days only.

On the Crown Princess you can walk around the promenade deck 7 going up the stairs to deck 8 to walk around the bow of the ship. 2.7 laps/mile.

Edited by skynight

We also went to Santa Barbara Resort in Curacao & had a great day. It was really peaceful & quiet - we pretty much had private bar staff who brought us drinks on the beach & the food was excellent. And a choice of beach or pools. We also booked through resort for a day - just paid  a deposit & then balance on arrival. Would definitely return if we visited Curacao again.