Anytime dining with group of 8

Eli_6

If you have anytime dining with that many I would have someone at the front of the line everyday. They would probably be able to seat you together or at tables ajoining each other.Any time I have done anytie dining everyone did not have to be in line together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

For a group of that size, it would be best to have a set dining time.

We have done YTD since its inception. We always see large round table with families. You might have a little wait but shouldn't be a problem.

You can all sit together at YTD. We always do YTD and have seen many large groups sitting together. They just slide tables together. You may have a short wait. If you're on a ship that has the check in ability on the Hub app, that may help your wait time, if there is one. If you go when they open, you likely won't have any wait.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Has anyone done anytime dining before with a group of 8 or more? I am worried about this.  We are going at Christmas so suspect it will be a full cruise.

We only do Anytime dining and have done it with a group of 11, 13, 15 and our next cruise will be a group of 8.

We normally sit at multiple tables either being next or across from one another- they don't have 15 top tables. 

Works out great. I always have everyones cabin number ready when we get up to the podium (even though all our cabins are linked). My understanding for our next cruise I'll be able to reserve a table via the HUB app (looking forward to that).

Happy Sailing!

Edited by Buffalofirsttimer4
  • Like 1

My 3 cruises have been with a group of friends, a huge group, like 20+ and those of us that dined together had to arrive early and get us on the list.  I can tell you from experience that if you have cabin numbers for them ahead of time, they will love it and makes it easier.  You will still have to wait but they'll work with you.  You might get one long table with several pushed together or if you don't mind, several round tables all near each other, sort of in a cluster.  

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 6:57 PM, Eli_6 said:

Has anyone done anytime dining before with a group of 8 or more? I am worried about this.  We are going at Christmas so suspect it will be a full cruise.

Depending on the ship, my guess would be 8 would likely be the max who could sit at one table! If you have more, you might need to split between 2 tables next to each other!

Others here have stated a set time would be better, but I'd disagree!

As a cruise progresses, people will get hungry at different times, activities are different,(nap times for some), entertainment choices are at different times, etc., so keeping any time dining keeps everyone happy!

• Like 1