Cheers when at sea an extra day??

Barry ATL

The restrictions indicate no free day.  See 3rd bullet below -- the word 'entire' seems pretty clear:

Restrictions:

• Must be 21 or older to purchase and agree to not give to minors.
  • Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.
  • Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise.
Edited by VentureMan_2000

Well, I was on the Vista in June that was changed the day we embarked to an 8 day from 7... Cheers was extended to everyone at no cost to them. Now that was a mechanical issue that Carnival was responsible for, so I'm not 100% sure of what they would do when it's a natural issue like weather that they have no control over... but I don't see Carnival turning it off for the last day, or forcing you to pay for an extra day... just my two cents.

49 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

The restrictions indicate no free day.  See 3rd bullet below -- the word 'entire' seems pretty clear:

Restrictions:

• Must be 21 or older to purchase and agree to not give to minors.
  • Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.
  • Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise.

I look at it just the opposite. The "entire" cruise would be all the days. They may offer to buy onboard for the extra day. 

47 minutes ago, coevan said:

...The "entire" cruise would be all the days. They may offer to buy onboard for the extra day. 

I agree... all the days at $61.30 per day, per person.  I do agree that they may let you opt out the extra days... but why would a good sailor do that... ?    😂

We were on the Magic for Hurricane Irma. The ship ported in New Orleans instead of Port Canaveral to load more supplies. You could stay on ship or disembark. If you stayed, your Cheers and internet packages were extended for free.  They also gave you the extra cruise days for your VIFP account.

We disembarked on Day 7 in New Orleans but we still received the extra cruise days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Barry ATL said:

I'm hoping someone who's been on a weather-related extended Cruise can let us know what their experience was.

We were extended for approximately 12 hours on Miracle last December before we returned to Tampa due to fog. They extended Cheers for the “extra” day without any additional charge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Interesting that they would move the sail date up 1 day... I wonder how many people could not make the new itinerary ?  

I was wondering the same thing for people who have to fly. Colorado does not have any port cities. Change of tickets on AA is $250 a ticket. I don't know if a cruise ship itinerary change is a valid reason to get a free change. I know SW allows this, but not many other airlines

40 minutes ago, coevan said:

I was wondering the same thing for people who have to fly. Colorado does not have any port cities. Change of tickets on AA is $250 a ticket. I don't know if a cruise ship itinerary change is a valid reason to get a free change. I know SW allows this, but not many other airlines

All the major airlines have posted FEE waivers for most of the Florida airports.