On the Breakaway- with rude people

Shoppie124

1 minute ago, Jasonmom said:

Sorry, but I'm confused just a bit.  Are you on the ship now or supposed to get on tomorrow?  (alot of information coming in quick and sure what is right). 

No.....I sail 9/1.  But, am affected by whatever happens to the current cruise trip back to Miami.

I am supposed to fly out tomorrow to Miami, though.

Edited by graphicguy

Do most travelers know that airlines are also aware of the hurricane and may make flight changes as well because they want to keep people safe also? Changes happen all the time. Traveling requires having some flexibility and resourcefulness hopefully. But, that's spoken from someone who loves travel planning, lol. I have to remember that many of us here on CC enjoy planning, but not everyone functions like us 🤔

Also, I thought that for NCL booked flights, if there is an issue, they do assist with arrangements. Of course that doesn't help people who booked their own flights, but the NCL flight folks may be able to chill out a bit.

I missed a flight once and had to leave the next day. It was annoying, but I survived.

Hopefully things will calm down on the ship some as people get their bearrings. Maybe the "shock" of a change was just too much for some people. 😁

I agree, rudeness is not necessary. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustAPilot said:

Travel insurance, you wouldn't cruise without it during hurricane season, right?(takes care of flight re- bookings) plus extending my vacation on NCL's dime, sounds good to me.

Ditto... Too bad im here at my desk,  and not there... 

6 hours ago, Trimone said:

Why book in hurricane season?

Exactly!  I live close to Galveston.  I would never book a cruise in hurricane season.  I want to be able to secure my house if one should hit my area.  During hurricane Ike I prepared around my house and yard as well as I could and then evacuated with my pets.  The ships coming back to Galveston went  to another port.  As for the  people whose cars were in the parking lots around the cruise terminal found their cars completely flooded.  

• Like 1

Gee, a captain puts his passenger's safety first and they complain.  A cruise is a different kind of vacation.  Anything can happen from the weather to mechanical issues.  Roll with the punches.  If the captain got them stuck in a hurricane, people would be complaining how their life was in danger.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

Civility is the first casualty of stress.  Remember that next time you stub your toe in the middle of the night and swear aloud.  

THANKS VERY MUCH. This comment made me laugh.

I think folks should chill more when travelling because  $%*  happens especially weather.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if you pull into Miami early!

No. "Cleared by Coast Guard" = "PortMiami is open for incoming ships" (i.e., the Coast Guard has not elevated to Hurricane Condition YANKEE or ZULU (both of which do not allow incoming ships)). The port is current at WHISKEY and can be closed at any time. 

• Like 1

I guess I can think about it like an airplane. The pilot can't just go a different way because he or she wants to. Someone has to clear the new plan because there is a lot more to consider than that one plane in the sky. There are a lot of ships to navigate right now with an ever changing track. Just my thoughts. Maybe this consideration will help some folks stop yelling at staff who have nothing to do with decisions that other people are making. Plus, regardless of which decision is made, someone will be unhappy with it. 

Try to enjoy the cruise folks!

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

There’s an airport in Cozumel. All those babies in the Haven being nasty about the change in the itinerary can get off and book a flight home. Nothing is stopping them. Open up your wallets and you can get to where you need to be...stop being rude as****es.

I spoke to a friend who was in the atrium at the time of the first announcement and seems there were way more babies who aren’t Haven screaming at the front desk.