On the Breakaway- with rude people

Shoppie124

49 minutes ago, NCLDude said:

Wondering if you have to pay the service charges for the extra days?

I thought the press release for one of the cruiselines said "on us" so I

am thinking not. However I remember a year or so ago in a similar

situation people said they tipped their room steward directly for

the extra days.

Just now, BirdTravels said:

yeah,,, but if it is like last time, the 7 days of beverage package runs out in 7 days. You're paying cash at the bar for days 8-10. 

Ooooh.  Yeah, that part would suck I guess.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Absolutely NO EXCUSE or reason for rudeness.  The crew are undoubtedly even more stressed than the passengers.  I would have called their rudeness out in front of them.

I had Southwest on the phone and asked if anyone else needed them since we had to wait for a half hour to get a rep.  Someone said they needed them and then disappeared.  She must have thought I had another half hour to keep them on the phone

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

They are supposed to leave at 5:00pm on Sunday, but that does not mean they can port in Miami until its cleared.  Could be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks!  Getting ready to cancel my flight and hotel for tomorrow.

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Absolutely NO EXCUSE or reason for rudeness.  The crew are undoubtedly even more stressed than the passengers.  I would have called their rudeness out in front of them.

Interesting.

"Absolutely NO EXCUSE or reason", huh?

I only ask as it would actually be considered rude to call someone out for this behavior in public...and you did say absolutely no excuse. 

47 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks!  Getting ready to cancel my flight and hotel for tomorrow.

If you can wait till 8pm tonight to cancel I would.  Just reading on another site there is news that they have changed again and are going to leave late tonight to be in Miami for embarking and dis-embarking on Sunday.  Of course then someone else came on and said it was fake news.  There is supposedly an announcement being made by NCL at 8pm tonight.

I feel sorry for all those involved.  (and especially those who live in the hurricane's path)

38 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Interesting.

"Absolutely NO EXCUSE or reason", huh?

I only ask as it would actually be considered rude to call someone out for this behavior in public...and you did say absolutely no excuse. 

Again, if I saw or heard that sort of rude, boorish behavior, I'd call the person out on it.  That's because the crew (in this case, the concierge) who are trying their level best to accommodate the passengers, really can't say anything.  

That's not rude.  That's giving a voice to the crew who can't really speak for themselves.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

If you can wait till 8pm tonight to cancel I would.  Just reading on another site there is news that they have changed again and are going to leave late tonight to be in Miami for embarking and dis-embarking on Sunday.  Of course then someone else came on and said it was fake news.  There is supposedly an announcement being made by NCL at 8pm tonight.

I feel sorry for all those involved.  (and especially those who live in the hurricane's path)

I'm in the Haven and just got off the phone with the land based Concierge who said the same thing.  I'll wait until 8.  She said that's the latest NCL will let us know.

Sounds like they want to get in, get the disembarking passengers home on time,  and then get out of Miami as quickly as possible.

Going to dinner tonight with the GF.  So, if I get a chance later tonight, I'll post what I hear.

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I'm in the Haven and just got off the phone with the land based Concierge who said the same thing.  I'll wait until 8.  She said that's the latest NCL will let us know.

Sounds like they want to get in, get the disembarking passengers home on time,  and then get out of Miami as quickly as possible.

Going to dinner tonight with the GF.  So, if I get a chance later tonight, I'll post what I hear.

Sorry, but I'm confused just a bit.  Are you on the ship now or supposed to get on tomorrow?  (alot of information coming in quick and sure what is right).