Sunrise- Wait time in food lines ?

cruisequeen4ever

Need to go where the crowds aren't.  For Carnival that almost always means avoid regular buffet as they are poorly laid out.  15+ minute wait in buffet line is common.  Does not happen any other cruise line.   Take advice and use the satellite stations setup at rear of lido for faster service.  Dining room for breakfast much easier, IMO.  

On 9/2/2019 at 5:30 PM, Sean_B said:

What kind of asian soups did they have? Pho? Thai curry? Udon?

Each day they had three choices that changed day to day. I can't remember all now, but I do remember Pho as one option. The one I chose had cellophane noodles, beef, snow peas, some other veggies, and broth. There's also toppings like sesame seeds available.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:25 PM, Crusin Karen said:

Well, there's an idea. We will all have to cruise together and whenever your DW or I have to stand on line, you will have to be in front of us or behind us.  I have just never been able to tell people off.  So there you have it, folks.  Anyone sees me on a ship, go ahead and relax on a lounge chair reading your book, have a drink....heck, play a round of Black Jack if you want, then just get right in front of me who has been waiting on line for 30 minutes to get a turkey sandwich!  I will be on Sunrise on October 6th.  I fully intend to have a wonderful cruise whether the lines are short, long, or longer than they were short a few seconds before!!! 

I'll be behind.

You don't have to tell them off. Just a polite, "excuse me" is usually enough to get them to acknowledge that they did something untoward. Then you just ELI5 what they did. "Excuse me, the line starts back there".

Tiny with a twist of confident attitude, usually gets the job done.

If we ever sail together I'll let you practice on me 🙂

Edited by Sean_B

39 minutes ago, Sean_B said:

LOL I think you mean rice noodles.

From Wikipedia:

cellophane noodles, or fensi (simplified Chinese: 粉丝; traditional Chinese: 粉絲; pinyin: fěnsī; literally: 'flour thread'), sometimes called glass noodles, are a type of transparent noodle made from starch (such as mung bean starch, potato starch, sweet potato starch, tapioca, or canna starch) and water.

Edited by sanmarcosman

45 minutes ago, Sean_B said:

I'll be behind.

You don't have to tell them off. Just a polite, "excuse me" is usually enough to get them to acknowledge that they did something untoward. Then you just ELI5 what they did. "Excuse me, the line starts back there".

Tiny with a twist of confident attitude, usually gets the job done.

If we ever sail together I'll let you practice on me 🙂

Another cutter inner.....I am surrounded.....I could handle ONE, but if you read my original post, I seem to always get the ones who wait on line then when they get right up front call all the members of their family who are travelling with them and everyone in the cabins to the right and left and across the hall from them over....so I don't have one person in front of me, or even ONE CUTTER, I have 1/3 of the entire capacity of the ship!  THAT'S my biggest gripe....crap, at this point I am just going to cook my own food, never mind waiting on lines.....😞  Ya think CCL will let me bring on my own hot plate and grill?  A waffle maker maybe? Certainly a toaster....

On 9/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, Crusin Karen said:

I wonder if they are going to have to have pre orders.  At the deli or pizza similar to Cucina where you place your order, then pick up when ready.  One thing that TOTALLY ANNOYS ME and I have experienced on many ships: wait in line let's say at the deli and just before your turn the guy in front of you gestures to his cruise mates waiting at a table and all of a sudden you don't have one person ahead of you, but 6!  😠

I am one of those rude people.  

But seriously you would rather have to listen to my kids complain about about waiting, have them running underfoot and generally be impatient kids for 20 minutes, than be surprised at the last minute when one person turns into an entire family?  

We find it a lot more convenient to have one person wait in line than everyone.  Not sure what you have gained by waiting behind all of us the entire time, but I do know how annoying it would be for us to do it that way.

19 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

But seriously you would rather have to listen to my kids complain about about waiting, have them running underfoot and generally be impatient kids for 20 minutes, than be surprised at the last minute when one person turns into an entire family?  

We find it a lot more convenient to have one person wait in line than everyone.  Not sure what you have gained by waiting behind all of us the entire time, but I do know how annoying it would be for us to do it that way.

I would rather I saw your brood in line then decide whether or not to join that line, then to think the line was manageable then have multiple people cut in front. BTW, we cruised with our kids starting when they were very young and we never would do what you do. There are ways around what you perceive to be a problem.😎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

I'm not even going to go there....I have always prided myself on not getting involved with "controversial subjects/responses/answers" and this is one of them so I am going to 😷 zip my mouth shut.  Just one thing: 😠Happy cruising! 

7 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I'm not even going to go there....I have always prided myself on not getting involved with "controversial subjects/responses/answers" and this is one of them so I am going to 😷 zip my mouth shut.  Just one thing: 😠Happy cruising! 

Smart girl

9 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I would rather I saw your brood in line then decide whether or not to join that line, then to think the line was manageable then have multiple people cut in front. BTW, we cruised with our kids starting when they were very young and we never would do what you do. There are ways around what you perceive to be a problem.😎

You said it way better than I was going to do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

BRAVO!  👍  Like Jamman, we first cruised with our 2 boys when they were 8 and 10.  Now they are grown up and have small children of their own and they all go on at least one cruise/year.  And they have learned the "rules of the road" from their parents who learned them from THEIR parents, namely my DH and I.  Again, happy cruising to you and your family.  I just hope I am not behind you on a line EVER.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ed01106 said:

The point you seem to be missing is that person behind you that has been waiting patiently thinks they are the next in line and then you bring your brood into the mix. I would rather they be standing there and then I can assess whether I want to wait in that line.

Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Typically I would only do that for a buffet. If we are ordering food, they will tell me what they want, then scatter.  Then return to help bring trays to the table. So most of the time you won’t be disappointed the one person in front of you had others join him, but rather be disappointed that he had an extremely long order.  

BTW my pet peeve is folks who still haven’t made up their mind when it is their turn to order. You had TWENTY MINUTES to decide if you want onion ring or french fries for freak sakes.

Edited by ed01106

7 minutes ago, quickrate said:

The point you seem to be missing is that person behind you that has been waiting patiently thinks they are the next in line and then you bring your brood into the mix. I would rather they be standing there and then I can assess whether I want to wait in that line.

Pat

👍 x 10!!!!  

4 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

Typically I would only do that for a buffet. If we are ordering food, they will tell me what they want, then scatter.  Then return to help bring trays to the table. So most of the time you won’t be disappointed the one person in front of you had others join him, but rather be disappointed that he had an extremely long order.  

BTW my pet peeve is folks who can’t make up their mind.  You had TWENTY MINUTES to decide if you want onion ring or french fries for freak sakes.

LOL, agree! 😏

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, Crusin Karen said:

Well, there's an idea. We will all have to cruise together and whenever your DW or I have to stand on line, you will have to be in front of us or behind us.  I have just never been able to tell people off.  So there you have it, folks.  Anyone sees me on a ship, go ahead and relax on a lounge chair reading your book, have a drink....heck, play a round of Black Jack if you want, then just get right in front of me who has been waiting on line for 30 minutes to get a turkey sandwich!  I will be on Sunrise on October 6th.  I fully intend to have a wonderful cruise whether the lines are short, long, or longer than they were short a few seconds before!!! 

Karen, I will be on your cruise, although I am only 5'4" and a lady I have no problem telling someone off that does me wrong( embarrasses my daughter ) so come find me and stand in line with me!!  Come to the meet and greet for Cruise critic Did you  sign up?

5 minutes ago, mandmcruise said:

Karen, I will be on your cruise, although I am only 5'4" and a lady I have no problem telling someone off that does me wrong( embarrasses my daughter ) so come find me and stand in line with me!!  Come to the meet and greet for Cruise critic Did you  sign up?

No, not sure where and how to sign up!

We just got off the Sunrise this morning - the deli was soooooo slow...there were only 6 people ahead of us on a port day, 5 people working and it took over 20 minutes to get 2 hot dogs and a turkey wrap.   I waited for about 30 minutes for pizza.  The buffet was a zoo, no matter what time we went in there (except for dinner and it was a pretty lousy meal).   Guys Burgers were good and the line moved fast.  Blue Iguana's line wasn't too bad.  Never tried Lucky Bowl but not very many people waiting.  Never saw a line at Pig and Anchor.  We never waited more than 2 minutes to have breakfast/brunch in the dining room - excellent food and service!  

• Like 3