Equinox chair hogs beware

CruiseLifeIsTheBest

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

On Equinox last November some folks had loungers in the sun and in the shade on Deck 14 above the Solarium.

I used to do my sun time from 8.30 till 10 and watch the loungers being reserved. I call it selfish 

Unfortunately not unusual, really pleased that the staff on Equinox seem to be making an effort.

I must say on recent cruises we have experienced chair hogs in other venues too. Funniest was at the sunset bar where a man and woman were sat opposite each other across a low table with four chairs. Handbag occupying one of the spare chairs and a cover wrap on the other. I was on crutches at the time, no other chairs around and asked if we could use the spare chairs. The woman stood up and looked around to confirm there were no other chairs  before reluctantly moving her wrap for me. I then had to ask her if she would mind moving her handbag from the other chair  so my adult son could sit down too!!! As another table became available we moved across and the lady immediately put her handbag back on one chair and her wrap on the other....

On one of our  Celebrity Cruises there were many loungers in the Solarium with nothing on them but the  Celebrity towels. I suspect many of them were from people who had left the lounger for good but did not bother to remove the towel.  This is a pet peeve of mine. I am reluctant to remove the towel in case the person just left for a short time. If you are leaving the lounger for good, please take your towel too so it is obvious that the lounger is free. 

Mary Ann

• Like 3

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

No one reserves a pool lounger on Celebrity. Not an option. Chair hogs marking their territory is not reserving!  They are not chair hogs as long as they are gone for no more than the 30 minutes Celebrity publishes.  But whose timing them/us? Once I plant my ass in a lounger (deck above the pool) I'm usually in it all day long. My wife will occasionally check on me as she doesn't sit in the sun. I will get up to grab a drink from the pool bar or take a leak or stand up and watch the pool games along with most everyone else. I consider myself a lounge lizard. 

Should have said "select" or "choose", not "reserve", sorry for the misunderstanding; I know you can't "reserve". :-(

7 hours ago, UFMOM said:

On one of our  Celebrity Cruises there were many loungers in the Solarium with nothing on them but the  Celebrity towels. I suspect many of them were from people who had left the lounger for good but did not bother to remove the towel.  This is a pet peeve of mine. I am reluctant to remove the towel in case the person just left for a short time. If you are leaving the lounger for good, please take your towel too so it is obvious that the lounger is free. 

Mary Ann

Very rude and unhygienic  !!! Who are these people?

It's pathetic, no matter where you go, on a cruise ship, or on a resort; you will run into "hogs" of some sort.  On one of our Sandals vacation, we ran into pool-float-hogs, and pool-noodles- hogs.  They would take them out of the pool and keep them by their chair.  I got so angry when I saw this, that I went up to them and [politely] asked them if they were using the float.  They reluctantly gave them up!

We were on the Reflection last year and would put our stuff on two chairs in the Solarium around 7:30 and then get breakfast (I knew I had to do this to get chairs).  I timed us and we made sure we were back within the 30 minute limit.  There were chairs all around the pool area with towels, shoes, sunscreen, etc. "holding" the chair.  Of course these people didn't show up until around 11:00 or later.  The chair's "owner" beside me didn't show up until after lunch! I saw her items saving chairs every morning and it was always after lunch when she showed up.

The attendant came around folding the towels in a certain way and laying them on the back of the chairs and then began timing them.  One man finally removed everything from the chair he was holding and I heard people calling others telling them to hurry up down, that they were timing the chairs!  Lots of people were walking around trying to find empty chairs and one lady was trying to help a blind man find a chair.  It's so inconsiderate of those people who think rules don't apply to them.

We will be on the Equinox next week and I hope they do the same. 

Edited by Terre