Equinox chair hogs beware

CruiseLifeIsTheBest

5th time on Equinox and I believe the first time I have seen chairs that were “ reserved” with a bottle of sunscreen or a hat being cleared. Someone sitting nearby appeared to have been asked if anyone had been sitting in the chairs ( I haven’t seen them for at least an hour). Off went the sunscreen and the towels. Bravo Celebrity! I’ve been in my chair since 7:00am 😂 It’s a sea day and I wanted to enjoy the Solarium for awhile. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

5th time on Equinox and I believe the first time I have seen chairs that were “ reserved” with a bottle of sunscreen or a hat being cleared. Someone sitting nearby appeared to have been asked if anyone had been sitting in the chairs ( I haven’t seen them for at least an hour). Off went the sunscreen and the towels. Bravo Celebrity! I’ve been in my chair since 7:00am 😂 It’s a sea day and I wanted to enjoy the Solarium for awhile. 

Excellent

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, katiegirl1264 said:

yeah there has to be a way that maybe 90 minutes of an empty chair it opens back up again.

Some people only sit out in the sun for max 1 hour.  If you are going to be gone 90 minutes, there is plenty of time for others  to sit and you have your chair back.  The buffet only takes 30 -40 minutes !!!

• Like 1

Was on Equinox last week.  Pool butler in the solarium was doing a great job.  I saw him as people to remove their drinks from the pool.  I'm not sure why people seem to think they have to have a drink in hand 24hrs a day.  As a former pool owner my installer warned me to never let anyone in the pool with a drink or near the pool with glass.   One accident will cause the pool to have to be drained and sanitized.

Of course same cruise same day everyone in the outdoor hot tub had drinks and pool butler was looking right at them.

I really think they should have security doing this "policing" like they used to.  Too many people will give the pool butlers a hard time for doing their job.  Security won't get as much flack.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Was on Equinox last week.  Pool butler in the solarium was doing a great job.  I saw him as people to remove their drinks from the pool.  I'm not sure why people seem to think they have to have a drink in hand 24hrs a day.  As a former pool owner my installer warned me to never let anyone in the pool with a drink or near the pool with glass.   One accident will cause the pool to have to be drained and sanitized.

Of course same cruise same day everyone in the outdoor hot tub had drinks and pool butler was looking right at them.

I really think they should have security doing this "policing" like they used to.  Too many people will give the pool butlers a hard time for doing their job.  Security won't get as much flack.

Agree. What is really sad is these entitled few think the simple rules do not apply to them. 

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. What is really sad is these entitled few think the simple rules do not apply to them. 

Lots of people think rules do not matter if they don't get caught. Even more people seem to think that if they see someone get away with something, they should be able to get away with it, too.

As you said, entitled people think rules only matter for other people.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Kudos to Celebrity

Not so Much!! We were on the August 18th Summit sailing and towels were placed on countless lounges in both outdoor and Solarium pool areas. They weren't occupied for hours and, it was obvious they weren't, and yet were never removed by pool staff.

If the sailing is quieter you often have to ask.  We normally cruise out of season and chair hogging - especially those lovely sheltered private nook thingies  - is a perennial bugbear.  But on sailings in school holidays  they are far quicker to clear.  We've found if you just draw staff attention to abandoned belongings they will clear them.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

People who put down towels/books/magazines, etc. on a chaise lounge at 7 am, but don't return around 10 am, let's say.  That's a chair hog! Right?  People who toss "stuff" on 6 to 10 chaise lounges, but only  use one or two waiting for their friends to show up later, that's a chair hog! Right?  But, someone who "reserves" a lounge, and uses it all day, with breaks say, for lunch, a dip in the pool, or a bathroom break, you would not consider them a chair hog, even though they use the lounges all day long.  Agree/Disagree?

23 minutes ago, Pickels said:

People who put down towels/books/magazines, etc. on a chaise lounge at 7 am, but don't return around 10 am, let's say.  That's a chair hog! Right?  People who toss "stuff" on 6 to 10 chaise lounges, but only  use one or two waiting for their friends to show up later, that's a chair hog! Right?  But, someone who "reserves" a lounge, and uses it all day, with breaks say, for lunch, a dip in the pool, or a bathroom break, you would not consider them a chair hog, even though they use the lounges all day long.  Agree/Disagree?

No one reserves a pool lounger on Celebrity. Not an option. Chair hogs marking their territory is not reserving!  They are not chair hogs as long as they are gone for no more than the 30 minutes Celebrity publishes.  But whose timing them/us? Once I plant my ass in a lounger (deck above the pool) I'm usually in it all day long. My wife will occasionally check on me as she doesn't sit in the sun. I will get up to grab a drink from the pool bar or take a leak or stand up and watch the pool games along with most everyone else. I consider myself a lounge lizard. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

We will have 2.5 sea days in December, and I have NO QUALMS about taking items off chairs that have gone unused[especially in PRIME LOCATIONS].  I usually just gently set them off to the side. I'm the early bird of the family but still wouldn't "HOG" extra lounges knowing that my early 20s kids won't be up until 11 or so. We shall see come December

On 9/1/2019 at 3:06 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Even the pool butlers wouldn't get as much flack if they were consistent across venues every day of the cruise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pickels said:

People who put down towels/books/magazines, etc. on a chaise lounge at 7 am, but don't return around 10 am, let's say.  That's a chair hog! Right?  People who toss "stuff" on 6 to 10 chaise lounges, but only  use one or two waiting for their friends to show up later, that's a chair hog! Right?  But, someone who "reserves" a lounge, and uses it all day, with breaks say, for lunch, a dip in the pool, or a bathroom break, you would not consider them a chair hog, even though they use the lounges all day long.  Agree/Disagree?

Agree/Agree/Agree. 

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

No one reserves a pool lounger on Celebrity. Not an option. Chair hogs marking their territory is not reserving!  They are not chair hogs as long as they are gone for no more than the 30 minutes Celebrity publishes.  But whose timing them/us? Once I plant my ass in a lounger (deck above the pool) I'm usually in it all day long. My wife will occasionally check on me as she doesn't sit in the sun. I will get up to grab a drink from the pool bar or take a leak or stand up and watch the pool games along with most everyone else. I consider myself a lounge lizard. 

Maybe I should have said “choose” instead of “reserve “, my bad!

4 hours ago, Pickels said:

People who put down towels/books/magazines, etc. on a chaise lounge at 7 am, but don't return around 10 am, let's say.  That's a chair hog! Right? RIGHT!  People who toss "stuff" on 6 to 10 chaise lounges, but only  use one or two waiting for their friends to show up later, that's a chair hog! Right? RIGHT!  But, someone who "reserves" a lounge, and uses it all day, with breaks say, for lunch, a dip in the pool, or a bathroom break, you would not consider them a chair hog, even though they use the lounges all day long. CORRECT!

The chair hogs do not utilize the loungers until they are good and ready, thus depriving others of their use. Those who stay in a lounger for the entire day - their choice - are utilizing the lounger! They are not "hogging" the chair for future use. Big difference!

• Like 2