Recommendations for Hotels in Central Dublin

mauimary

We will be in Dublin apx 4 days prior to embarking on a British Isles Cruise July 2020. We are looking for recommendations for Hotels in Central Dublin. We are looking for walkable locations to restaurants and the main tourist sites. We are two couples newly retired that have never been to Dublin so we would appreciate some ideas. 

Thank you in advance 

Best thing to do is to look at a Google Map of the area - I wouldn't book in the Temple Bar area if you like to sleep/quiet or any hotel next to or above a pub.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Centre on Upper O'Connell St and it was the first time I stayed somewhere that they gave you complimentary earplugs! There was a pub with outdoor seating behind the hotel. We had our room changed to the other side of the hotel (view of a church) and it was quiet & the breakfast was very good.

Next year we are staying at Jurys Inn at Parnell St (we know the area and it is quiet and have stayed at a Jurys in Edinburgh). It's west of Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Centre. We really wanted to stay at Hilton Garden Inn Custom House, it's in a quiet area near the River Liffey but is was over $300 a night for when we will be there.

Also, if you take the Airlink bus from the airport into town it goes past many areas with hotels. The Airlink stop was right next to our hotel (near the church).

Good luck!

I'm fond of Stauntons on the Green - the Green in question being St Stephen's. Lovely location between two gardens and easy to walk up in to the heart of things. 

But I think it would be helpful to have more details of your criteria and constraints (including budget), rather than just "Hotels in Central Dublin" walkable to the main sites. 

On 9/10/2019 at 4:35 AM, Cotswold Eagle said:

I'm fond of Stauntons on the Green - the Green in question being St Stephen's. Lovely location between two gardens and easy to walk up in to the heart of things. 

But I think it would be helpful to have more details of your criteria and constraints (including budget), rather than just "Hotels in Central Dublin" walkable to the main sites. 

Thank you to 2ndhoney and Cotswold Eagle for your suggestions. We are looking for a nice hotel that is somewhat close to a number of restaurants that has a quiet sophistication and comfortable. We also like it to be in an area for walking and exploring and reasonably close to transportation. Not interested in big shopping areas. We would ideally like it to be less than $300 USD. Apx 275 EUR. 

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Center on Upper O'Connell St, and took the bus 747 from the airport to the hotel. The stop was just over the street. 

I've recommended this hotel to friends who will cruise June 5th, 2020, and the price for this hotel was considerably higher than what we've paid this June (190 Euro v. 314 Euro now)..... 

We’re looking at the Staunton And Riu Hotels in Dublin.  Cotswold Eagle gave us a good recommendation on the Staunton Hotel.  Has anyone stayed at the Riu Hotel?  Would love to hear any thoughts on that property.  

Thanks

Mary

I stayed at The Westbury in April and the location can’t be beat.  Conveniently walk out the back door and your on Grafton Street which is a pedestrian street with loads of shops, restaurants and convenient to everything.  On a higher scale you can look at The Shelbourne which is just off of Grafton Street across from the park, it’s gorgeous and went thru a big update.