GREAT ESCAPES SALE SEPT 10

plunker

On 9/4/2019 at 4:05 PM, plunker said:

We are cruising April 12th 2020 on the regal and our cruise is not on the 3 for free list. My travel agent says starting September 10th the Great Escapes sale will start for our cruise. What do you get with this one?

<delete>

Edited by steelers36

16 minutes ago, plunker said:

We feel the same way.  We have a cruise booked on the Carnival Horizon in August mainly for the ABC islands and because princess doesn't cruise to the Caribbean in August. We would rather cruise with princess but I guess we will try carnival for the first time.

I am platinum on Carnival and really like it. I've never been on the Horizon but I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. I just prefer Princess more but I have a Mexican Riviera cruise booked on the new Panorama next year and really looking forward to that one.

I don't see this sale as being in the category of major promotions that Princess runs such as Landmark, S&S, 3FF, Anniversary.  This is one of those sales for near-term cruises that they want to move inventory on and from my past observations, they are always NRD type.  With the major promotions and also with regular bookings, you can still get RD bookings.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:49 PM, plunker said:

That says it's for Great Escapes but then on the bottom it says three for free deposit is nonrefundable.

You can definitely get a 3 for Free   sale with a refundable deposit .It just cost more for the cruise .I have done it just the other day😀

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I don't see this sale as being in the category of major promotions that Princess runs such as Landmark, S&S, 3FF, Anniversary.  This is one of those sales for near-term cruises that they want to move inventory on and from my past observations, they are always NRD type.  With the major promotions and also with regular bookings, you can still get RD bookings.

You can still book on one of the Great Escape cruises with a RD.  It simply won't be the sale - and since this is a fare discount sale with no perks, you are not missing anything.  I just checked a random Caribbean cruise for this coming winter season which is under this sale and the RD price was only $30/pp more for an Inside cabin.  As usual, just depends what is important to you. 

Again, you have to get this from calling Princess, or ask your TA.  My TA's booking pages show all the fare types and I have seen this additional info on selected other sites.  I am sure it depends on who you use, but you can always contact to inquire.

8 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

You can still book on one of the Great Escape cruises with a RD.  It simply won't be the sale - and since this is a fare discount sale with no perks, you are not missing anything.  I just checked a random Caribbean cruise for this coming winter season which is under this sale and the RD price was only $30/pp more for an Inside cabin.  As usual, just depends what is important to you. 

Again, you have to get this from calling Princess, or ask your TA.  My TA's booking pages show all the fare types and I have seen this additional info on selected other sites.  I am sure it depends on who you use, but you can always contact to inquire.

I contacted princess last week and asked them about our April 12th cruise that we are thinking of taking and they said the three for free sale does not apply for that cruise. She said the three for free sale is for summer cruises starting in mid-may

43 minutes ago, plunker said:

I contacted princess last week and asked them about our April 12th cruise that we are thinking of taking and they said the three for free sale does not apply for that cruise. She said the three for free sale is for summer cruises starting in mid-may

???  I wasn't writing about 3FF.  This is about Great Escapes Sale.  3FF is for more in the future as Princess told you.  The main Princess promotions are always for well in the future.

5 hours ago, plunker said:

Yes, I noticed that the Great Escapes terms said the 3FF promotion was non refundable. VERY CONFUSING.

I just clicked on one of the terms/conditions  in small print for the Great Escapes Sale and it shows OBC for balconies $250 pp, but then mentions the Landmark Sale. VERY CONFUSING!

I'm finding the Princess website only showing non refundable deposits for cruises I am searching for Caribbean & Panama Canal 2020, and finding the terms/conditions are displayed for different promotions.