Notes from a cruise to Iceland

Host Hattie

18 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Thank you for your reports, but, honestly, Hattie, if you wanted warm weather you should have been on the QV cruise to the Med. which also got back today. We had universally glorious weather until the penultimate day, and even the Bay of Biscay was pretty flat.

That's good to hear, we saw the reports of terrible weather in Spain and wondered if you'd been affected. Last September we had storms in Valencia and Barcelona.

23 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

That's good to hear, we saw the reports of terrible weather in Spain and wondered if you'd been affected. Last September we had storms in Valencia and Barcelona.

We were very lucky, particularly in Mallorca, where we had a gorgeous day between two seriously stormy ones. Or in fact, I think the rain started just after we left.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks for the comments, I'll try and post the menus next week. Most of the Daily Programmes are now a bit folded and well used ! Is there any information anyone is interested in ?

Yes please Hattie,

We are considering  a similar itinerary to the one you have so eloquently described now being advertised on the Cunard website but on QV - V117 in July 2021 - and are looking to book on 24/9 to have the best chance of getting the room and dining we prefer.

Was your starboard balcony good for viewing the Icelandic scenery whilst sail-by cruising or would you consider port side a better option?

It may well change by then, but if you have the current Commodores Collection wine package selection I would be interested if you are able to post that, please.

Glad you had such good dining companions.  Likewise we enjoy lively intelligent conversation with new friends whilst dining and for us that helps to make the holiday all the more enjoyable. The last cruise we did to the Canaries we were on a table of 6 and got on so well we gave the waiters a night off from our lengthy delibarations by all dining together in the Verandah.  One couple on our table had been married by the Captain that day and the other four of us had been honoured to be asked to be witnesses.  Most unexpected and I got to drive the boat (for a few seconds) across the Bay of Biscay as a best man bonus!

Hope you returned home safely.

-- 

plod

Yes, thank you, having a lovely relaxing day as Mr HH has gone to work !

We didn't have a wine package, one of our table sharers had the Commodore Package and they had several of the red wines shown on this list. It's dated 2018 but I think it's still valid.

We were on the port side, I am not sure if there was much to choose between them.

cu_winepackages_AUG18.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, autumn lass said:

Hattie, we got off the  Norway cruise as you embarked and we received a certificate at the end of the voyage stating where and when we had crossed the Arctic Circle. 

I was reminded about this reading a report on another board, we didn't get anything 😥😥. There was a note in the Daily Programme about buying a Certificate from the Photo Shop but I was hoping for a freebie !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1