Question about pull out sleeper sofas on Edge

edgee

We are getting ready to book on Edge. Cabin in best location has a square block on the deckplan which means it has a pull out sofa to accomodate 3rd person. It is just the two of us, but wondered if the sofa will be any less comfortable or a different size since it is a pull out. On other Celebrity ships we have never had a problem, but I saw a video cabin tour of our category on the Edge and it appeared that the pull out sofa in the picture had a pull out handle on it and appeared too deep to be a comfortable sofa. We are booking a Sky Suite if that makes any difference. Wondered if anyone has experience with a pull out sofa cabin on the Edge and whether the sofa actually is different than a regular sofa for day to day use. 

This is what they look like in a sky suite. The non-sofabed sofas are not that comfortable IMO (firm) and low, but everyone is different - some seemed to think they were comfortable.  The sofa bed couch looks a little higher to me - it may be more comfortable?  Hopefully someone will chime in who had one on the Edge. 🙂

Sofabed sofa in sky suite

image.png.0de99240536a2fa33d9ce345714b061a.png

Regular, non-sofabed sofa in sky suite:

image.thumb.png.eac19986406f44c099aa3c8909f60696.png

PS: I love your screen name! 😁

Edited by vtcruising

Love the screen name...fellow edgie!

The low to the ground  sofas are  very low..esp for people with average length legs .  Does not have  arms.  Hard to get down  to sit or relax and harder to get up. Good for squats!.  Also had   scratchy material and can't really view tv from it.  We used it mostly to hold all the Hoppen extra pillows and overflow  .,.It did fit the  AQ class exercise mats underneath for storage,  freeing up closet space

Id give the pull out one a try..

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

Love the screen name...fellow edgie!

The low to the ground  sofas are  very low..esp for people with average length legs .  Does not have  arms.  Hard to get down  to sit or relax and harder to get up. Good for squats!.  Also had   scratchy material and can't really view tv from it.  We used it mostly to hold all the Hoppen extra pillows and overflow  .,.It did fit the  AQ class exercise mats underneath for storage,  freeing up closet space

Id give the pull out one a try..

Thanks. We have booked the pull out sofa cabin...in Sky Suite we have alternative of rocking chair to sit in..for me and my wife is hyperactive and never sits down anyway😀

14 minutes ago, edgee said:

Thanks. We have booked the pull out sofa cabin...in Sky Suite we have alternative of rocking chair to sit in..for me and my wife is hyperactive and never sits down anyway😀

Sorry, they took the rockers away because they took up too much space and put coffee tables in instead. I loved the rocker, but they didn't listen to me....😉

8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Sorry, they took the rockers away because they took up too much space and put coffee tables in instead. I loved the rocker, but they didn't listen to me....😉

Oh well. thanks for letting me know!

Edited by edgee

2 hours ago, edgee said:

Oh well. thanks for letting me know!

They are great suites -  are you in an S1 port or starboard or S2, with the bed facing the ocean? We love the set up of those suites and would still like them without the rocker. 🙂

26 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

They are great suites -  are you in an S1 port or starboard or S2, with the bed facing the ocean? We love the set up of those suites and would still like them without the rocker. 🙂

We are in S2.First time above AQ on Celebrity, so are excited! We cruise frequently and, although over many years have become Elite on Celebrity, have been away from them for 2.5 years. Looking forward to trying Edge.

Edited by edgee

2 minutes ago, edgee said:

We are in S2.First time above AQ on Celebrity, so are excited! We cruise frequently and, although over many years have become Elite on Celebrity, have been away from them for 2.5 years. Looking forward to trying Edge.

Good choice for a ship and sky suite.  Can't wait to get back onboard and explore her further.

• 2 years later...
On 9/6/2019 at 8:19 PM, edgee said:

We are getting ready to book on Edge. Cabin in best location has a square block on the deckplan which means it has a pull out sofa to accomodate 3rd person. It is just the two of us, but wondered if the sofa will be any less comfortable or a different size since it is a pull out. On other Celebrity ships we have never had a problem, but I saw a video cabin tour of our category on the Edge and it appeared that the pull out sofa in the picture had a pull out handle on it and appeared too deep to be a comfortable sofa. We are booking a Sky Suite if that makes any difference. Wondered if anyone has experience with a pull out sofa cabin on the Edge and whether the sofa actually is different than a regular sofa for day to day use. 

Interesting that you mention the black square indicating a pull out bed. Mybquestion is how do you tell if that sofa is next to the wardrobes or bathroom, or next to the window/balcony?