Birthday decoration package

alaskagirl2010

57 minutes ago, alaskagirl2010 said:

Does anyone know if I can purchase the decoration package on board. I’m trying to order one for a traveling companion but couldn’t do it through Princess as she booked with a TA. 

Does not matter whether they booked through TA.

This can be set up within their booking by gifting through the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.

Follow the prompts in the link below.......

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/thirdPartyGifting/searchLanding.page

My travel mate is in another cabin. I called to pay for one as a surprise for her and was told I couldn’t do that. I know I could use the personalized if it was my own room. 

Does anyone have experience with arranging a birthday decoration package for a friend or family member traveling in a different cabin?

Your traveling companion will receive complimentary balloons attached to the cabin door, a Happy Birthday sign, and a card.  Do you need more than that?  You can take the balloons inside.  I've never done a birthday package, but would guess they do have the supplies on board.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alaskagirl2010 said:

My travel mate is in another cabin. I called to pay for one as a surprise for her and was told I couldn’t do that. I know I could use the personalized if it was my own room. 

Does anyone have experience with arranging a birthday decoration package for a friend or family member traveling in a different cabin?

You can do the birthday decorations through this link under celebration packages.

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/thirdPartyGifting/searchLanding.page

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

When I used the form, I got a message to call the celebration desk to arrange it. That’s exactly who I called and they said NO because she used a TA. I didn’t get it as I wanted to order it and pay for it to be delivered to her cabin.  I guess I’ll call back and see if I get a different answer from someone else. 

9 minutes ago, alaskagirl2010 said:

When I used the form, I got a message to call the celebration desk to arrange it. That’s exactly who I called and they said NO because she used a TA. I didn’t get it as I wanted to order it and pay for it to be delivered to her cabin.  I guess I’ll call back and see if I get a different answer from someone else. 

When is their cruise?

I just looked up my son's cruise and he is booked through a TA.

Here is the page that came up through that link.

IMG_0121.JPG

It would be great if I could access her personalizer, but she’s not in my cabin. I don’t know her log in information like you have for your son. I could ask her to order it and pay her back, but that kind of defeats the purpose of arranging a birthday surprise, doncha think. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

When is their cruise?

I just looked up my son's cruise and he is booked through a TA.

Here is the page that came up through that link.

IMG_0121.JPG

27 minutes ago, alaskagirl2010 said:

It would be great if I could access her personalizer, but she’s not in my cabin. I don’t know her log in information like you have for your son. I could ask her to order it and pay her back, but that kind of defeats the purpose of arranging a birthday surprise, doncha think. 

Colo Cruiser is totally correct.  I just did an experiment before reading the above two quoted posts.  Using the link, I entered my friend's name and the month we are cruising (even though I know her booking number).  I got the pages to order things.  We are both booked through a TA.

Why don't you call the TA if having a problem?

BTW, for $49 minimum (ouch), my friend would much more appreciate being treated to dinner in the Crown Grill at $29 - if there was actually something to be celebrated.

Edited by steelers36

37 minutes ago, alaskagirl2010 said:

Thanks for all the input. I finally got the 3rd party order form to work by playing with the available options. There must be some kind of computer glitch, but it accepted her email address and allowed me to order the package. 

Mission accomplished. 

There you go! I was going to say there are a number of ways to access the gift offerings.

One does not "log in" to someone's personalizer to access the gifting options.

On my son's.......I just used his name and the Month/year he is sailing. Nothing really sensitive required.

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Your traveling companion will receive complimentary balloons attached to the cabin door, a Happy Birthday sign, and a card.  Do you need more than that?  You can take the balloons inside.  I've never done a birthday package, but would guess they do have the supplies on board.  

No more balloons attached to the door for celebrations.

Was on the Golden for my birthday in August and my traveling companion talked to the steward as I am allergic to Latex and he wanted to make sure no balloons made their way to our door.

He was told no worries as they no longer did the door balloons due to environmental concerns and allergies.

10 hours ago, alaskagirl2010 said:

Thanks for all the input. I finally got the 3rd party order form to work by playing with the available options. There must be some kind of computer glitch, but it accepted her email address and allowed me to order the package. 

Mission accomplished. 

Good for you alaskagirl2010 it pays to be persistent. 

9DBB5F18-138D-4B0C-89DA-3FEE6F558082.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

On 9/10/2019 at 1:40 AM, indygirl99 said:

No more balloons attached to the door for celebrations.

Was on the Golden for my birthday in August and my traveling companion talked to the steward as I am allergic to Latex and he wanted to make sure no balloons made their way to our door.

He was told no worries as they no longer did the door balloons due to environmental concerns and allergies.

Yea, I was afraid of that. 

I guess if you want balloons you'll have to bring them from home. :classic_wink:

On 9/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

You can do the birthday decorations through this link under celebration packages.

Interesting. $49 for some paper decorations is a bit pricey. However the Celebration gifts at $99 are a better value and I would be more inclined to purchase one of those even if there wasn't an occasion to celebrate.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 1:40 AM, indygirl99 said:

Oh give me a break. That's been the scape goat answer for everything from gift boxes in department stores to straws. They don't seem to have a problem  charging $49 for paper decorations that also have a negative effect on the environment  from killing trees to the burning the paper.  Why can't they just say, "We don't provide that service anymore". The environmental excuse is so played out now that everyone knows that it just a cost cutting excuse.

I have been following cruise critic for some time now and not once in all of these years has anyone posted anything about being allergic to balloons.  Yes, I do know some people are allergic to latex. 

29 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Oh give me a break. That's been the scape goat answer for everything from gift boxes in department stores to straws. They don't seem to have a problem  charging $49 for paper decorations that also have a negative effect on the environment  from killing trees to the burning the paper.  Why can't they just say, "We don't provide that service anymore". The environmental excuse is so played out now that everyone knows that it just a cost cutting excuse.

I have been following cruise critic for some time now and not once in all of these years has anyone posted anything about being allergic to balloons.  Yes, I do know some people are allergic to latex. 

I'm surprised they still serve peanut butter in the Horizon buffet. :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

You must not be following cruise critic as well as you thought as I have posted in the past about my latex allergy and YES balloons are deadly for me. My last anaphylactic reaction was because someone thought it would be funny to flip me in the face with a balloon. 

We talked about the one cruise director that liked to bounce balloons around in the theater before shows and the balloons drop.

I know what my allergies are and I know how to ask questions to protect myself. I was told on my last cruise that there were 48 people that registered a latex allergy and specifically mentioned balloons.

1 hour ago, indygirl99 said:

We talked about the one cruise director that liked to bounce balloons around in the theater before shows and the balloons drop.

Ahh.

Your the person who caused the balloon bounce in the show lounge to be discontinued. 

You shouldn't sit there during the pre show & let the others enjoy themselves.