Breakaway Haven Spa Suite Sailing 9/29/19-10/06/19

graphicguy

On 9/30/2019 at 6:24 PM, graphicguy said:

It’s sunny on a sea day.  You can go to deck 15 and watch the crazies in the pools and hot tubs.  Or, you can go to Syd’s, sit outside, talk to sane people and make new friends.

In all seriousness, there are bar stools open, there are waterfront tables and seats open.  It’s a good way to spend the afternoon.  

NOT CRAZY!  But nice!  Talked to some good folks for an hour or so.

I was on 9/15 sailing of the Breakaway. Go to Syd's in the evening, the house band is awesome. Dr. L(that's what he called himself) was bartender, give him a $5 bill and he will take good care of you all week long.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, graphicguy said:

Safety drill over....heading back to the Haven bar before headed to my Suite.  Got one of these (aside from bourbon and Cherry wood smoke as ingredients, I have no idea what else is in it).  It was DELICIOUS!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

AE235504-5268-4A8E-9928-5C27A5EB6048.jpeg

So is this a haven only drink? 

12 hours ago, graphicguy said:

By this time, it was time for sail away!  You have some choices for this.  Get pushed and shoved around on the upper decks.  Or, see it from my favorite vantage points, The WaterFront (again).  Grab a drink at one of the bars and hang at the railing.....

E8D5AEF7-C993-40ED-A324-688BACE34B60.jpeg

You posted this picture already.  I remember because the guy sitting on the bench looking at his phone looks like Penguin from Batman.  There is an optical illusion causing his nose to look extraordinarily large. :classic_tongue:

Post #76

Edited by RedwingHockeyFan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

You posted this picture already.  I remember because the guy sitting on the bench looking at his phone looks like Penguin from Batman.  There is an optical illusion causing his nose to look extraordinarily large. :classic_tongue:

Post #76

Picky, picky, picky... 😉

I loved the waterfront on the BA too and spent lots of time out there, including sailaway.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Post #76

LOL!

Doing these posts on the fly without being able to organize the pics may result in duplicates, especially given I’ve bounced around a bit.

We were just beginning to pull out of port here because you can see a Royal Ship (?) still docked in the background!

Edited by graphicguy

39 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

LOL!

Doing these posts on the fly without being able to organize the pics may result in duplicates, especially given I’ve bounced around a bit.

We were just beginning to pull out of port here because you can see a Royal Ship (?) still docked in the background!

That is most definitely a Carnival ship.

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Picky, picky, picky... 😉

I loved the waterfront on the BA too and spent lots of time out there, including sailaway.  

Sorry, My post was more about the optical illusion than the double posting of the pic.  That was the only reason I realized it was posted twice.  You can tell when you zoom it that it is the woman's shoe who is sitting on the stool behind him.

Edited by RedwingHockeyFan
  • Like 1

For any redundancies, errors, mislabeling, my apologies.  I’m “trying to do this semi live, and chronologically.  Plus, I’m doing this entirely on an iPhone.

Right now, I’m 3 days behind on what’s actually happening.  Trying to keep it all straight, in chronological order 😲😬

By this time I had been in the go for 12 straight hours on practically no sleep.  After sail away. I knew if was going to keep on going, I needed to eat.  To the Haven Restaurant I went.

Tuna tartare and Scallops over gnocchi with micro veggies.....excellent!

8BB38D75-56AA-4539-84CE-471A75A573AB.jpeg

4494F931-AB13-43D9-925D-9D47701B4747.jpeg

Thanks for all the great pics.  Any chance you could post the haven menus ?  Are there any daily specials?  There seems to be mixed information about the haven having them, or if it is just the standard menu.  Either way, it looks amazing!

1 hour ago, Rumour19 said:

Thanks for all the great pics.  Any chance you could post the haven menus ?  Are there any daily specials?  There seems to be mixed information about the haven having them, or if it is just the standard menu.  Either way, it looks amazing!

You’re welcome.  Glad you like them.  

Haven Menu is fixed.  However, there’s enough to keep me satisfied on the menu.  Plus, you can always have your Butler bring you a meal in your cabin from any restaurant on the ship.  Just give him/her a little “heads up”!

96E13890-1869-4C49-B6AA-7BDAEBDABFEA.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

Thank you for showing this picture.  We are in a Haven Spa Suite in November and this is a important part of why.  We purchased a similar access on our cruise last year on the Celebrity Equinox.  It did not have this pool and was rather disappointing.  This is a completely different experience and animal. Thank you again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Thank you for showing this picture.  We are in a Haven Spa Suite in November and this is a important part of why.  We purchased a similar access on our cruise last year on the Celebrity Equinox.  It did not have this pool and was rather disappointing.  This is a completely different experience and animal. Thank you again.

You’re welcome.  Not pictured, but in addition to the pool, jacuzzi, and loungers, there’s a steam room, a sauna and a salt room.

Quite nice!

We are also from the Cincy area.  I followed your ordeal earlier and hoped you would finally get your vacation.  I am so happy you did.  We were on the Breakaway last week in a Haven Spa Suite with Narciso as our butler.  It was our first Haven experience and it did not disappoint.  We had a wonderful week despite a disrupted itinerary.  It was crazy.  Please say hello to Davidette, Raymond and Gabby in the Haven bar from Andrea and Brian.   They are amazing but it appears you have already experienced the smokey Old Fashion.  The entire staff in the Haven are outstanding!  Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1